Sky suite perks?

prs413

Help.....Never cruised before and have booked a sky suite on solstice for this month. Wondering about special perks for suites.....special beach in Labadee? seating by pool? priority reservations in specialty restaurants? Have read comments about these, but can't find any official information. Thanks for your help!

Sky Suites receive the following perks (from Celebrity's web site):

Celebrity's suites include European style butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

•Assistance with unpacking/packing•Daily news delivery•Full breakfast•In-suite lunch & dinner service•In-suite afternoon tea service•Evening hors d'oeuvres daily•Complimentary espresso & cappuccino•Shoeshine service•Delivery of requested board games

Additional (non-butler related) Perks:

•1-2 complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations (depends on length of cruise). •Priority check-in and departing•Priority luggage delivery at boarding•Welcome champagne•Dining room seating preference•Personalized stationery•Celebrity tote bag•100% cotton oversized bath towels•Frette bathrobes•Fresh cut flowers•Private portrait sitting

• 4 years later...

anything to add, anyone? So far, we've been in an inside cabin, veranda room, concierge, and aqua cabin on celebrity. This time, we've opted for a suite. Aside from the extras that are listed on the website (yes, we know how to search and find), what else can we expect? What is the butler service like? Are the linens really better? What does the afternoon tea include?

anything to add, anyone? So far, we've been in an inside cabin, veranda room, concierge, and aqua cabin on celebrity. This time, we've opted for a suite. Aside from the extras that are listed on the website (yes, we know how to search and find), what else can we expect? What is the butler service like? Are the linens really better? What does the afternoon tea include?

While the robes are the heavier terry type fabric (not the waffle type), I've never found the linens to be better than those in Aqua or Concierge cabins.

The afternoon tea is delivered on a trolley. The tea selections are the same as in the buffet (ie, we've never been offered Tea Forte which available for purchase in the Cafe al Bacio), and it has always appeared to me that the little sandwiches and desserts are also the same as offered in the buffet during the afternoon snack time period.

You will have access to the cabana area on Labadee, but no cabana unless you book one. They do have a nice buffet lunch here. Take some $ to tip the attendants who will set up chairs under an umbrella for you. It's a nice beach area.

In addition to the tea service your butler will serve cappuccino if you request it. They also have cheese & cracker plates and a canapé plate if you want. While the tea service may be the same as you can get from the buffet it sure is nice to have it brought to your suite.

Dinner on your balcony served by your butler is a nice touch. The butler will serve it by courses. Dinner, wine and some good music with the one you love is pure relaxation.

Mary Lou

Help.....Never cruised before and have booked a sky suite on solstice for this month. Wondering about special perks for suites.....special beach in Labadee? seating by pool? priority reservations in specialty restaurants? Have read comments about these, but can't find any official information. Thanks for your help!

You do not get special seating by the pool and no one has been able to figure out what the priority reservations are. Also, you will notice priority boarding, that is just a separate line, often the regular lines are shorter.

The best perk of the Sky Suites, I think are the larger spaces in the cabin and bathroom over a balcony or AQ or Concierge cabin. There is more space for storage, a coffee table that can be raised to eating height, a sofa and tub. Also foot stools on the balcony which some lower cabins have, but some do not. We really enjoyed having the butler bring iced tea and snacks, the free specialties and Blu which we never had any problem getting into. I think it is the way to get the extra space on Celebrity. We book mini-suites on Princess, but Celebrity does have that category.

Will the butler serve dinner on the balcony in sky suites? That would be fantastic! I thought it was only royals and penthouse.

Yes, having dinner in your cabin is a perk for the entire ship, if you have a balcony they will serve you on the balcony.

DH and I just upgraded to a sky suite for the first time. We LOVED breakfast on our balcony. Yes, you can get breakfast served on any balcony, but this is different. The butler came and spread a white tablecloth over our balcony table and set up our breakfast, then invited us to be seated and spread our napkins on our laps and poured our coffee,which was specialty coffee.

It was nice to have a butler. Yes, any room steward can do stuff for you, but the butler really wanted to. Anything we asked him, he said, "I will check into that." He was able to do everything that we asked of him.

Another thing that we noticed was that when it was time to disembark, we were assigned group #1. Our butler told us to go have a leisurely breakfast in BLU. Then come back for our stuff and leave whenever we were ready. His only stipulation was that we not leave anything on the bed so that the room attendant could change the linens. That is exactly what we did and it was the most relaxed disembarkation that we have ever experienced.

We really loved feeling so pampered. I hope your experience is just as wonderful.

I just returned from the Century where I had a Sky Suite. By far the best perk for me was the extra space. The cabin and bathroom are much larger, but so is the veranda. I had two lounge chairs and a table with 2 chairs. It was quite nice to have the butler serve dinner on the balcony. I also ordered one night from the regular room service menu and it was delivered by the butler who put a white table cloth on the table in the cabin and removed all the dishes from the tray. Although I did not use it, there is a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Also, I was allowed to disembark any time I wanted to between 8:00 am and 9:40 am. I don't know if the Sky Suites are the same on all ships, but this was my experience on Century. Have a great trip.

Carolyn

Yes, having dinner in your cabin is a perk for the entire ship, if you have a balcony they will serve you on the balcony.

No, I know that any room on the whole ship can get dinner in the room. What I meant was the "butler-served" style in which linens are presented and the meal is served course by course...

Just off the Century and had booked a Sky Suite. The Suite was very nice with an extra large balcony (an S1 category). However, as to the perks, I was advised by the Butler, who was very good, and Guest Services when I took it up with them that on the Century the Sky Suite was not entitled to dinner in the specialty restaurant without an additional charge. I had been told otherwise by the Celebrity rep when I booked the cruise. After some back and forth with Guest Relations the issue was resolved, but it is something to keep in mind.

Sky Suites are our first choice when we cruise. We love Blu and that's what we use as our main dining venue. Never had a problem with space there, although on the first night we always do specialty restaurants. Now I know in a year the suites will have their own dining room which I'm very interested in seeing how that is.

We don't "use" our butler that much but on occasion has been invaluable. We're kind of do-it-yourself-ers, independent, so things like helping to unpack - we'd never dream of that. We also don't always take advantage of the reserved seating in the theatre for formal nights.

Some of the perks are negligible. We like the space in the room the most, and on the S class ships, the S1 location. Arriving in port - if it's crowded, it's kind of nice to get in the short line and not wait. Not essential and doesn't "make" my cruise, but it's nice. The afternoon tea service. VERY nice. I like the hot tea and usually get him to bring fresh berries and that's it.

• 6 months later...

We've found priority boarding a bit hit and miss - not had a suite on either of our 2 previous Celebrity Cruises but on the last one were invited to use the priority boarding line for suites to check in at Harwich. Last year on Equinox we were regularly invited to re-board the ship via the "Suites only" gazebo. So I think if there is no queue they let you use either.