Need opinions

tmoore4075

I hate doing this because everyones opinion is different but I'm asking anyways. So the wife and I are planning a cruise to the caribbean in November and we have narrowed it down to two. 5 nighter out of Ft Lauderdale on Navigator that goes to Ohco Rios and Labadee. The other is a 7 nighter on Freedom out of Canaveral that goes to those two places plus Conzumel and Grand Cayman.

We can get a balcony room on Navigator for a few hundred less than a PR view room on Freedom. That's obviously money that can be spent onboard or on excursions plus get a balcony. BUT I've never been on Freedom and would like to see her plus an extra couple of nights would be nice but more money could possibly be spent.

I am really 50-50 on the thing. Any input on the ships would be great or just what you think you would do. Want some outside input please.

Thanks a lot.

I would book Freedom...longer cruise...and book what you can afford....perhaps the price will go down by Nov. and you can move up to something better!

Get a guidebook on your ports so you can limit what you spend on excursions...you certainly can have fun without paying someone to "show you" a good time! A guidebook can save you big bucks!

True, you'll have more of a bar tab on a longer cruise, but aside from that (and gambling), there's no reason to spend alot!

My opinion (since you asked - :D) would be to go on Freedom. Anytime I can go on a longer cruise, it's better. I guess my main thinking behind it is that since I have to fly to the ship and I'm paying the airfare, I get the most bang for my buck doing a 7 night instead of a 5 night. Now, if I lived within a short driving distance then that could make a difference. However, when all is said and done, it really does come down to what you are comfortable spending.

Have fun whatever you decide!

I agree with the other posters, but would add that you should consider the ports. Labadee is a RC private island stop, so with the shorter cruise you would only have 1 real port. On the larger ship you would have a chance to see more places, unless you've already been to them. :) Also, as others said the larger ship is fantastic in what it offers. You could spend a week and not get to see/do everything.

Whatever you choose, have a fantastic time! :D

The wife is leaning towards the longer one also. Definately seems to be all going towards the longer one. We've been to the "extra two stops" on the longer one but Grand Cayman is beautiful. The point about Labadee not being a "real port" is one I was thinking about to, to be honest. Sure seems to be leaning towards the longer one. We'll probably make out decision this weekend.Thanks for all the input. :D

My first two cruises were on the Navigator and my third one was on the Freedom. Let me say I loved both ships. They were both amazing. But with that said the Freedom has to be your choice. Bigger ship, longer cruise, and great itinerary!:D FREEDOM, Definitely FREEDOM!!! Oh yeah and my next cruise is in Oct. and ,,,,you guessed it,,, back on the FREEDOM! Have fun!

I have never been on either ship or even on a ship in either class, so I can't help you there. I have been to the Caribbean enough that I have no desire to go back. My advice is simply this. What do you want out of your vacation? Bang for the buck is important, but when you come home from vacation you usually do not say what a cheap vacation a just took. So think about the things you and your spouse want to do, and if you can afford one choice over another and still have a great time, go for it. It is your vacation and it is what you make of it.

I hate doing this because everyones opinion is different but I'm asking anyways. So the wife and I are planning a cruise to the caribbean in November and we have narrowed it down to two. 5 nighter out of Ft Lauderdale on Navigator that goes to Ohco Rios and Labadee. The other is a 7 nighter on Freedom out of Canaveral that goes to those two places plus Conzumel and Grand Cayman.

We can get a balcony room on Navigator for a few hundred less than a PR view room on Freedom. That's obviously money that can be spent onboard or on excursions plus get a balcony. BUT I've never been on Freedom and would like to see her plus an extra couple of nights would be nice but more money could possibly be spent.

I am really 50-50 on the thing. Any input on the ships would be great or just what you think you would do. Want some outside input please.

Thanks a lot.

I would also go for the Freedom. If you are a C&A member there are a couple of savings certificates that might work for you depending on your date. Book now and watch for price drops.

Archived