Dancing for joy!!!!!!!!

I know this wont make or break anyone else's day, but yesterday I was SO DOWN, as Princess isnt going to the Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale next summer. Today, I am over the moon, plans in my family changed a bit, and I am now BOOKED on the Crown Princess for next April to the Caribbean. I dont care if there are spring breakers, early hurricanes, or sky high plane fares. I AM GOING. No disrespect to RCI or those who love it, but I so wanted to be on Princess instead, and now I am. Again!

Karen, who is doing the Happy Dance! :)

We love Princess too - and we're looking at the same time frame and itinerary - we just can't find the right fit yet - the problem is taking our kids along with us! I think we're going to have to do a Carnival cruise with kids and save the Princess experience for the "just the 2 of us" experiences! Have fun with the anticipating!

I know this wont make or break anyone else's day, but yesterday I was SO DOWN, as Princess isnt going to the Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale next summer. Today, I am over the moon, plans in my family changed a bit, and I am now BOOKED on the Crown Princess for next April to the Caribbean. I dont care if there are spring breakers, early hurricanes, or sky high plane fares. I AM GOING. No disrespect to RCI or those who love it, but I so wanted to be on Princess instead, and now I am. Again!

Woohoo to you!!!! Have a blast planning and cruising! :D

I'm actually smiling reading your post. It's amazing what a Princess cruise does to us isnt it? and the fact that you have a year to savor it is great. I believe the anticipation is additional fun along with reading live threads of people who are on the ship youre going on...the pleasure lasts and lasts and lasts. I don't know you, but I'm very happy for you.

:)

We love Princess too - and we're looking at the same time frame and itinerary - we just can't find the right fit yet - the problem is taking our kids along with us! I think we're going to have to do a Carnival cruise with kids and save the Princess experience for the "just the 2 of us" experiences! Have fun with the anticipating!

Having my first granddaughter this month, I am curious as to why a Carnival cruise for the kids instead of Princess?

Jan

That is great! We have been on the Crown twice in the last 5 months, and it's a wonderful ship and itinerary. April is a great time to sail the Caribbean, the weather is usually quite good. My wife is a teacher, so we cruise spring break times each year and haven't noticed anything different than a cruise at other times.

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenoser2 viewpost.gif

Having my first granddaughter this month, I am curious as to why a Carnival cruise for the kids instead of Princess?

Jan

It's simply the cost thing - we can afford a balcony for us and an inside for the kids, where we'd be paying substantially more to have 2 inside rooms on Princess....so we'll call it an adventure and Carnival will be new to all 5 of us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenoser2 viewpost.gif

Jan

It's simply the cost thing - we can afford a balcony for us and an inside for the kids, where we'd be paying substantially more to have 2 inside rooms on Princess....so we'll call it an adventure and Carnival will be new to all 5 of us!

Great news! Glad to see happy cruisers no matter what ship/line. I don't know enough about Carnival to know what balcony to book. So used to Princess, but I guess that is where a good Travel agent comes in to help.

Jan

Awesome! The Crown is a beautiful ship. Have fun!

Archived