new prohibited item list

smd1234

The first time my fan is conviscated on a Carnival cruise it will be the last time I cruise with Carnival. I have been on many Carnival cruises where my cabin was hot and stuffy even with the air conditioner on. If not for my fan then I would have been a very unhappy cruiser. Some may find it hard to believe that a fan will make or break a cruise but I am telling you it will. I don't go on vacation to be hot and miserable. If I wanted to do that then I would just go to a sauna.:rolleyes:

#1. Please read through the rules again about prohibited and confiscated items.

#2. If you need a breeze blowing to put yourself to sleep, see a doctor and get a prescription.

#3. If you don't go on vacation to be hot --- then why in the heck are you going on a cruise unless that cruise is to Alaska in the winter? Do you take a battery operated fan into port with you at each port?

Dianne

If they ban clothes steamers,there will be a lot of wrinkled guest at dinner.Hope they change the dining room requirements, It is just another way to charge you to press your clothes when you get on board.What's funny is a couple of years ago,it was their ship laundries that caught on fire on a couple of ships.

I guess I will have to take my CRUISE VACATION $$$$$$$$$$$$$ elswhere..

OK, that's it.....

From now on I'm calling out every one of you fools who just don't care enough to actually inform yourselves about this. And I am calling you names.

And I'm not stopping until either I get banned from CC or Host gives us a break and pulls this thread.

I need a cruise.... thank goodness CARNIVAL sails out of Baltimore..... :D

Sounds like a policy not well thought out. What matters is the condition of the electrical equipment AND its wattage. One hairdrier is a lot more than 10 cellphone chargers.

You get the feeling that their safety and security people don't understand this — about as hapless and incompetent as the TSA types at the airport who stripsearch granny cause she has a tweezer in her purse.

I'm not going on a cruise again till they make more sense. Period.

Well I understand if it's just for safety, however it sounds a bit like another revenue stream. Keep those items off ship, and "maybe" more women go to the spa for their hair to be done? Maybe if we limit computers, you'll use the internet more.

Basically pushing off items that could interfere with you using costly services onboard?

Is it so hard to believe? They don't allow booze for the reasons of drunkards..BUT let's be frank...it's mostly to keep you from saving money. So why not take it to the next step? Remove all self serve items you bring, forcing you to pay for everything you could possible need to do.

Next thing you know they'll charge you for locking and unlocking your door!

I know it's a BIT of a reach, but like the government they do come up with some self-destructive ideas because some people just aren't creative.

HUH??????

You gotta have some mighty long arms for that reach... who knew Inspector Gadget was hanging out on CC??? :D:D

OMG If Carnivor has this attitude, simplify your life - cruise another line - any other line but CARNIVOR - when they start to lose market share, perhaps they will wake up but I really doubt it.

aw shucks, i can't bring my grass or guns. Deal breaker there! The hair dryers in the room work. If your so horrid you need special tools, stay home. You would probably scare the small children anyway. Vacation should mean no need for a power strip. Leave the crap home that's what vacations are for. I think the company protecting the passengers from your old burnt out crap causing a fire is a good idea. You would most likely be on your cell phone to your lawyer from the life boat if anything happened. :d

lol...lol...omg lol....

It is clear that the final goal here is to RENT each of these items to passengers at a high price. "Here, you may use a 'Carnival approved' (computer, hair dryer, steamer, laptop, power strip, etc.) for a low price of $75 for the week!"

You get the drift...or is that shaft?

Once revenue in the photo galleries starts falling - look for the blow dryer/curling iron/flat iron restrictions to be removed ;-)

There aren't any restrictions on blow dryers and curling/flat irons. If you could read, you'd know that.

No wonder people think blondes are as dumb as a post.

OK, that's it.....

From now on I'm calling out every one of you fools who just don't care enough to actually inform yourselves about this. And I am calling you names.

There's not enough hours in the day. ;)

Tom

If they ban clothes steamers,there will be a lot of wrinkled guest at dinner.

Have been on 28 cruises and have seen many wrinkled guests at dinner. It was the result of Mother Nature and time. never saw a clothes steamer on the market that could press out those wrinkles.:D

If you're worried about wrinkles in clothes, however, read through the multiple threads on these boards and learn how to pack your clothing better and cruise with clothes that are more wrinkle free. A bit of ingenuity can make your life onboard much more ``wrinkle free.''

Dianne

There are many other cruise lines which are not owned or affilliated with Carnival. I would urge folks to pay a little extra & choose from them.I won't cruise on any ship that dosn't have self serve laundromats, won't let me bring my own wine & champagne on board,or nickel & dimes me for a cup of decent coffee or fresh orange juice. For me the "Carnival is over". They even ban me from using my favourite US on line travel agent because I live in Australia. Shame on them!!

OK, I'm giving up on that part about calling folks out who just don't bother to read - like the zombies, there are just too many of them.

But CC is really playing both ends against the middle here by keeping the outdated original article up on the Web site - and then promoting it in today's e-mail blast! No wonder people are falling out of the sky on this true non-topic.

Let's all keep in mind that CC is a business, too - and the more eyes that cross their site (and post on their boards) the more $ they make from advertisers.... so Host and Co. would seem to have a vested interest in keeping this hubbub going.

And now I've contributed enough to that. Love you, CC, the roll calls really make my cruises... but if you really cared that your readers knew the real deal, you'd pull or edit the News article.

Gordon aka GaNavy - You evidently didn't notice the "smiley" or my explanation afterwards that indicated that post was made with humor - something you perhaps lack.....

I also mentioned I was glad "laser hair removal" devices weren't banned.....

....and am adding I'm also thrilled that "battery-operated" personal devices aren't banned *LOL*

...and perhaps you didn't notice I'm sailing on the Carnival Liberty in November...

Honestly, people - grab a sense of humor along with a clue!!!

PS - will I read 22 pages of posts before posting a comment? To quote my favorite crackhead, Whitney Houston, "Hell to the no...."

There are many other cruise lines which are not owned or affilliated with Carnival. I would urge folks to pay a little extra & choose from them.I won't cruise on any ship that dosn't have self serve laundromats, won't let me bring my own wine & champagne on board,or nickel & dimes me for a cup of decent coffee or fresh orange juice. For me the "Carnival is over". They even ban me from using my favourite US on line travel agent because I live in Australia. Shame on them!!

Just for fun, take a second and look at RCCL's list of prohibited items. It's nearly identical to Carnival's...

:)

Mach -- might it be possible, in the VERY FIRST POST of this thread, to place an update/notice so that people can get "up to speed from the start", rather than reading a few posts and firing off one of their own?

Tom

I'll second that suggestion... :D

Tom

What's with all the one-hit wonders back to back? :confused: I'm thinking somebody has too much time on their hands and is creating a bunch of users. That is too odd and coincidental to have like ten posts all in a row for their first posts.

Me thinks something stinks in suburbia.:cool:

Host, seriously, is there a way just to delete these threads? People are reading the first post, not bothering to read anything else and spewing stuff in the end of the thread that is just wrong and getting people riled up all over again. It's never going to stop.

And did you notice they all have a very similar writing style? This thread is just too funny. And pathetic. :)

Wouldn't this be all about saving money?

It does cost money to generate electricity. Or perhaps you'd rather a fare increase to cover the costs of generating all that extra power.

It doesn't come from "magic".

CC (that's my initials - not Cruise Critic)

My wife and I just completed our 10th Carnival cruise in 3 years (Legend, May 2-9). For the first time, I got seriously hassled about a small travel iron that I have packed for years. I was summoned to the security office on-board, and waited for nearly an hour with other "guilty" passengers as we got called in to have our luggage examined. After confiscating the iron, the Carnival Interrogator/Intimidator repeatedly asked me if I was "sure" that I didn't have a variety of other items, eyeing me suspiciously. He seemed particularly concerned about liquor. He kept digging through my luggage as he talked, and barked "step away!" whenever I offered to open another section of the luggage (trying to prevent him from creating a larger jumbled mess of clothing). Exasperated, I finally told him I was leaving, and that he could continue to go through everything on his own to satisfy his insatiable curiousity - and then deliver the luggage to my room. THEN he said he was sorry for the inconvenience (although he didn't sound like it!), and told me to take the luggage with me. The iron, that I have rarely ever used, was returned to me late in the evening before debarkation. The experience was both aggravating and humiliating to be questioned in such a rude and obnoxious manner. This was my first cruise as a "Platinum Club" member with Carnival, and if this is what I have to expect from their so-call "VIP" treatment, I'll be looking for a more reasonable and respectful cruise line.

Archived