LIVE from the Ruby Princess - VENICE to BARCELONA; May 17th to May 29th

Pia1913

I hope you have a safe trip home, and thanks again for taking us on your very long cruise.

We were with you on the TA portion, and it was great to finally put a face to the name. I'll be watching for the "live from" on your next cruise.

Pia - I hope you get home OK. I have followed you every day and loved your reports.We join the Ruby on 4 July and cannot wait. Looking at the photos I don't think we will want to get off the ship but we have trips booked.

G'day Pia' date=' we will be in your neck of the woods again in November for a Thanksgiving cruise.

Does Mike want any more White Tim Tams?? LOL :D[/quote']

Eileen, you are too funny. I just told him and he's laughing. Of course that's a yes. I'm not certain whether or not we can get to see you in November. We arrive home the Tuesday before Thanksgiving from our very long Sapphire trip. We will keep in touch via email.

Good morning from Starucks in Kusadasi. It is so nice not to be using copy/paste and conserving minutes. To answer some questions, yes, the Crown is right alongside us. We got here very early and the Crown is just now starting to unload their masses. Ours were gone before 8:00. Deb, yes, limericks started again and I won this morning. Will post it at the end. As for yucky juggler, will have to look up name when back on ship.

Meanwhile, it's a lovely sunny day with weather not hot like last week. Perhaps later, but now it's great. Sitting here in Starbucks is just like home and I will soon see if my Starbucks card is good here.

You are not going to believe what is replacing the juggler; and in the theater too. An acrobat! :eek: Yes, tonight's featured presentation is Luis Dalton, an "amazing acrobat, juggler and world record plate spinner." Isn't that what we've always looked forward to seeing? A Plate Spinner! Explorer's will have a comic, Kevin Devane, Fusion will have 50's R and R party and MUTS has Avatar; no 3-D. Our most travelled party will conflict with the Explorer's show. so we'll catch it tomorrow.

BTW. I don't understand this, but for some reason the Powers that Be are having a Men's Hairy Chest competition this afternoon. On Princess? I always thought this was a Carnival thing. You cruise long enough you see everything.

Getting real crowded in here. Starbucks is popular everywhere.

Here's the winner:

Our stop in Athens was not to be,

We got another day at sea.

Captain Draper said,

We'd be cruising instead,

So our next port is Kusadasi.

Pia

wish we met up in port on the 21st. Saw the Ruby arrived before us. It looked smaller than the Crown, but I know they are the same size. You were gone before we were back on board

Linda

Just arrived home from Barcelona yesterday. We had a terrific time meeting all of our new friends from the roll call. The weather was perfect in every port (except a light rain in Istanbul, and even that keep it cool enough to tour).

Fabulous food, friends and ports....what else do you need?

Mindi:D:D

Hi Everyone..

This is like a 1st year reunion...Thanks for the postive feedback..Our first T/A was a huge success and know our upcoming cruise will be great too..For those who will be joining us...See you on board!!...

Carol

Hi Carol...its me Amelia! I know you are going to have a great time with Fabrizio and I am so envious of you. Have fun and give Fabrizio a hug for me, I have to wait until November to see him.

Thanks Pia for your live blog, I am catching up on it now after going to Utah on my first road trip in a long time (Gotta get an RV)! Love your limericks, you are so talented.

Are you on ships more than at home? Does it feel like a vacation when you go home, or are you ready for a rest? You are probably on the Emerald by now, I'll eventually catch up! Love reading your live posts...

Amelia

Thanks Pia for your live blog, I am catching up on it now after going to Utah on my first road trip in a long time (Gotta get an RV)! Love your limericks, you are so talented.

Are you on ships more than at home?

Sometimes appears that way, doesn't it? :)

Does it feel like a vacation when you go home, or are you ready for a rest?

Rest is for when I get too old or feeble to travel. Now is still run run run. :D

You are probably on the Emerald by now, I'll eventually catch up! Love reading your live posts...

Not until Sunday, but just now taking a break from packing.

Amelia

See ya. ;)

Archived