LIVE from the Ruby Princess - VENICE to BARCELONA; May 17th to May 29th

Pia1913

It's Monday, and we've started countdown phase. Only 5 more sleeps. Hard to believe we've been on board for five weeks.

Quiet day ahead, which includes the "infamous" 75% off sale. Waste of time, but we still go. Also today is wine tasting, which is complementary for us. Sometimes we go; sometimes not. Decision doesn't have to be made yet. Formal night will find us at Cafe Caribe. We've already broken our record by attending 4 out of 7.

Last night, since we'd already seen Stardust several times, we decided to go to Liar's Club. We have friends who love this and all I can say is we should have seen Stardust again. What a waste of time for such stupidity. Mike, who is so easy to please, said he would never go to another one of these again. There were so few people there they had trouble getting teams. Also, I know they give a bottle of champagne to the winning team and I saw them bring in the champagne and hide it behind the podium. However, 3 teams tied and they gave no prize at all. Nobody complained since I don't think they knew there was a prize involved. We didn't participate.

This morning will feature the always popular Cooking Show in the Princess Theater, followed by a tour of the Galley. I don't even like to go into my own kitchen. ;) There's also to be another Backstage Tour today which is something Mike has attended several times. Tonight's entertainment is Once Upon a Dream in the theater, Twilight Saga at MUTS, Ballroom Blitz in Fusion and............guess what they've found for us in Explorer's. A magician! Whoopie! This cruise has had to have had the chintziest entertainment budget ever! :(

Lost the limerick today, but I really didn't deserve to win. Then again, the winning one was pretty lame too.

Mykonos was the place to be,

Churches and shops and lots to see.

We tendered ashore,

I wasn't looking for more,

So that was enough for me.

Since there's been no participation in 24 hours, I guess you guys are getting bored with me. Then again, I'm getting bored with me too. :D

Yep ... I also look forward to getting up and reading your newest post each morning!! We're living through your adventures for the time being while we patiently wait until we head to Athens to board the Pacific Princess for our second Mediterranean adventure on July 1!!

Thank you.

Thank you.

You like me. You really like me! :D

That's Sally Field. Pia would never be so corny. :p

Just came from attending our first art auction in years. Decided to do that instead of wine tasting. Won a trivia raffle and even for free couldn't make a selection. Nothing offered would fit into our decor.

Later.

Thanks Pia for keeping us up to date with your live reports. We are on the Ruby on 28 July having been on last year also. We really love the ship and The Sanctuary is one of our favouraite places. Have you managed to try it out during your 5 weeks?

Who is the CD and the Assistant CD on there at the moment and will they still be on at the end of July. Please enjoy your last few days on this lovely ship and lets hope the weather is kind to you. Over the last few days here in London it has been over 80 degress and is forecast to be 86 this afternoon - very unusual for the U.k.

Safe journey home.

Thanks Pia for keeping us up to date with your live reports. We are on the Ruby on 28 July having been on last year also. We really love the ship and The Sanctuary is one of our favouraite places. Have you managed to try it out during your 5 weeks?

Who is the CD and the Assistant CD on there at the moment and will they still be on at the end of July. Please enjoy your last few days on this lovely ship and lets hope the weather is kind to you. Over the last few days here in London it has been over 80 degress and is forecast to be 86 this afternoon - very unusual for the U.k.

Safe journey home.

James Ibrahim is the CD and he's leaving now; in Barcelona.

ACD is Eric. I will try to find out who your CD is going to be.

Hey, Pia, just so you know, your "live from" is the first thing I read in the morning when I turn on my computer.:) On our "sale of all sales" on the Star I bought two Antartica jackets (fleece with ANTARTICA on the back with a couple of penguins) because that cruise is coming up in December and I will be all set. I got them for $19.99 each (minus the 10% elite) instead of $58.00.:rolleyes: BTW, are you going to do a "live from" when you go on the Emerald in a week and a half?:cool:

Judy,

Yes that was the rash.Looked like that.

Dorothy,

No egg crates on the Ruby. They changed to a cotton topper which did no good. Finally had to have the room steward add a second one.Better, but not great. This was the first experience we have had not having the regular egg crate.

Gloria

Hi Gloria, Did they change mid-cruise? We had egg crates on the TA portion of the cruise.

Meredith: I wouldn't have minded seeing those jackets.

Treesah: We probably could have lived w/o #3, but my reason for it was wanting to fly from BCN instead of VCE.

Gloria: We actually went to see the magician. They are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Bored with you?? NEVER! I'm hanging on every word. Although I'm a bit concerned as you haven't mentioned trivia lately. Surely limerick-writing hasn't taken the place of trivia as your daily dose of intellectual activity? Meanwhile, here's wishing you a final four days free of magicians, hypnotists, jugglers, and others of that ilk!

Thank you.

Thank you.

You like me. You really like me! :D

That's Sally Field. Pia would never be so corny. :p

Just came from attending our first art auction in years. Decided to do that instead of wine tasting. Won a trivia raffle and even for free couldn't make a selection. Nothing offered would fit into our decor.

Later.

Well, OF COURSE we do!! - Can't imagine you at the Art Auction - still following along with your adventures as we get geared up for ours - I'll try and talk Tina into sharing a live on the Fjords trip.

Bored with you?? NEVER! I'm hanging on every word. Although I'm a bit concerned as you haven't mentioned trivia lately. Surely limerick-writing hasn't taken the place of trivia as your daily dose of intellectual activity? Meanwhile, here's wishing you a final four days free of magicians, hypnotists, jugglers, and others of that ilk!

Not doing much trivia because of them not giving prizes on non sea days. We did win a lanyard yesterday; gave them away.

Well, OF COURSE we do!! - Can't imagine you at the Art Auction - still following along with your adventures as we get geared up for ours - I'll try and talk Tina into sharing a live on the Fjords trip.

I really hope you do it, Donna. I've already emailed Tina asking her to start one.

Tuesday in Naples and the beginning of our day 37 on board. It's cool and overcast; intermittent drizzle expected. Alongside us is Voyager of the Seas, so this port now has about 5000+ people scurrying around. Actually. I'm sure most have left town to visit Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento, etc. If I didn't mention it on our last visit, it is said that Naples is where pizza originated. We have a full day tour tomorrow, so will just hang out and veg today.

Tonight's feature at MUTS is When in Rome and in the theater a repeat of last night's Once Upon a Dream. Fusion's BIG entertainment is one $1000 game of Bingo at 9:30. They should be ashamed of themselves for thinking this revenue maker is called entertainment. Oh yes, magician is still in Explorer's and the "lucky" passengers will have three times to choose from.

You do realize I am running out of topics, so here's today's winning limerick. Whatever will I do at home when I can't win free margueritas? :D

We started in Florida, and have been at sea,

It's been five weeks for Mike and me.

The ports, food and wine,

The cruise staff - divine,

A better vacation just could not be.

Just dropping by for a quick hello. following almost two hours of lying in the sun. Those who know me also know this is a rarity, but not to worry, wearing shorts and tee; no swimsuit. Wouldn't want to ruin my entire image.

CD info: James will be replaced by Lisa Ball when he leaves on May 29th. ACD Eric leaves on August 9th. To those of you embarking the Ruby within the next few months, be sure to meet Josh; also a member of the cruise staff. A young, intelligent, personable young man from Canada, who once he knows your name will remember it. Probably forever.

Oh yes, won two more lanyards.

CD info: James will be replaced by Lisa Ball when he leaves on May 29th. ACD Eric leaves on August 9th. To those of you embarking the Ruby within the next few months, be sure to meet Josh; also a member of the cruise staff. A young, intelligent, personable young man from Canada, who once he knows your name will remember it. Probably forever.

Those Canadians are great people eh ;)

Archived