Online Cabin Availabilty

poffles

I am going through the motions online of booking the Ruby for December 5th and the balcony cabin I'm looking for appears not be available. Trying to book two together but I can't even see one good one. Does the site really show all cabins that are available or could a TA have blocks held? Seems like every number I specificall type in is not available and the only ones that work are the few they present to you automatically. I am actually going to book tomorrow with a TA and guess I'm hoping she will have different availability.

Looking at BE Balcony and the only thing that seems to be available is either one room from the very back on Baja or one room from the very front on that deck. I don't think I want to be so extremely front or back so hoping. I know I can go to the next category but it looks like the availabilty there just moves a little more towords the centre.

Guess I'm hoping?

You are not going to see all available cabins on Princess.com or even on TA's websites. Only a small number (6 or 8 can't remember the amount) will show up. If you are interested in certain cabin numbers, go to the bottom of the that category and insert the cabin number you are interested in within the box provided there, and it will show you if it/they are available.

I am going through the motions online of booking the Ruby for December 5th and the balcony cabin I'm looking for appears not be available. Trying to book two together but I can't even see one good one. Does the site really show all cabins that are available or could a TA have blocks held? I am actually going to book tomorrow with a TA and guess I'm hoping she will have different availability.

Looking at BE Balcony and the only thing that seems to be available is either one room from the very back on Baja or one room from the very front on that deck. I don't think I want to be so extremely front or back so hoping. I know I can go to the next category but it looks like the availabilty there just moves a little more towords the centre.

Guess I'm hoping?

I have been able to call the Princess line, and they often have more cabins available. I think that they only list a small percentage of the available cabins. I often want a specific cabin, and if it is not listed, I call and request it. Sometimes it is available, just not posted.:) Good luck!

Thank you all. Tomorrow will tell the tale. I'll settle for the one(s) I see online and be happy about it but I am now even more excited that the online may be limited. What I see does seem suspicious cause I entered a lot of cabin numbers for different categories and it consistantly found nothing available except for the numbers they were showing. Thinking Princess must really want those rooms filled.

The Princess site shows up to 6 available cabins for a category. If there are more, it does not show the additional ones nor does it indicate more are available.

Problem is that they provide a spot below to enter a specific cabin but nothing I enter seems to work. It could be legitimate that nothing I try is available but I think it is there for frustration :rolleyes:

When I tried typing in various cabins on our upcoming cruise to see what was available through the Princess website, I found out there were several in addition to what was listed.

Some cabin categories, especially the lower ones of certain types of cabins such as BE balconies, might have a lot of guarantees booked into them. Princess may have set aside those cabins without specifically assigning them to people yet.

Problem is that they provide a spot below to enter a specific cabin but nothing I enter seems to work. It could be legitimate that nothing I try is available but I think it is there for frustration :rolleyes:

I'm going thorough the same frustration with Princess! This lack of available good location cabins usually effects the longer cruises etc ... 14 nights or longer!!

Princess separates these longer cruises into 2 shorter ones ... offering ... two/ 7 night cruises for each 14 night cruise for bookings. The Good Cabins are available for each of the shorter cruises!! :eek: This was the case for 2 of our future cruises ... 14 nighter and a 29 nighter!! :( Princess first posts "the not so good cabins" on all of their longer cruises it seems ... hoping to make more money booking the better cabins separately!

More money for Princess ... to book each shorter cruise than book one longer cruise!

Check to see if your future cruise is broken down into 2 shorter cruises and then punch in the cabin number you want ... I'll bet you it comes up ... with the bigger price tag total cost!

Pat :)

Why not just phone Princess and make you booking with them. While on the phone, you can pull up the deck plans for the ship you are booking for, and when the agent tells you what's available, you can immediately see the location on you computer screen.

Thank you all. Tomorrow will tell the tale. I'll settle for the one(s) I see online and be happy about it but I am now even more excited that the online may be limited. What I see does seem suspicious cause I entered a lot of cabin numbers for different categories and it consistantly found nothing available except for the numbers they were showing. Thinking Princess must really want those rooms filled.

I'm sure this is something you realize, but just in case you don't: if you selected a BE category on the screen with all the categories and then you're at the select a specific cabin screen, you can input all the open cabin numbers you want but it will not show you any except cabins in BE. In other words, when you say you entered a lot of cabin numbers for different categories, unless you had first gone back a screen and clicked on that different category instead (say, for example, BD), it won't show you open cabins in BD, just in BE. Does that make sense/help at all?

I'm sure this is something you realize, but just in case you don't: if you selected a BE category on the screen with all the categories and then you're at the select a specific cabin screen, you can input all the open cabin numbers you want but it will not show you any except cabins in BE. In other words, when you say you entered a lot of cabin numbers for different categories, unless you had first gone back a screen and clicked on that different category instead (say, for example, BD), it won't show you open cabins in BD, just in BE. Does that make sense/help at all?

Make sense and yes I did figure that would be how it works and is what I had done. No biggie, just wondered what others discovered in their searches and I'll just book what I can later today. I'll be happy just to be on the ship with a balcony and I know there have to be plenty, just a question of where.

Thanks all...:)

I'm going thorough the same frustration with Princess! This lack of available good location cabins usually effects the longer cruises etc ... 14 nights or longer!!

Princess separates these longer cruises into 2 shorter ones ... offering ... two/ 7 night cruises for each 14 night cruise for bookings. The Good Cabins are available for each of the shorter cruises!! :eek: This was the case for 2 of our future cruises ... 14 nighter and a 29 nighter!! :( Princess first posts "the not so good cabins" on all of their longer cruises it seems ... hoping to make more money booking the better cabins separately!

More money for Princess ... to book each shorter cruise than book one longer cruise!

Check to see if your future cruise is broken down into 2 shorter cruises and then punch in the cabin number you want ... I'll bet you it comes up ... with the bigger price tag total cost!

Now why would you assume that. It just seems logical that when trying to book one cabin across two different cruises there will be less availability (ie a cabin open on both legs). Those better (or more popular locations) are more likely to be booked on one of those legs making it unavailable to the B2Ber. ;)

Now why would you assume that. It just seems logical that when trying to book one cabin across two different cruises there will be less availability (ie a cabin open on both legs). Those better (or more popular locations) are more likely to be booked on one of those legs making it unavailable to the B2Ber. ;)

I didn't assume....

In my case the Jan 29, 2012 cruise on the Caribbean Princess is available as a 14 night cruise OR as a 7 night cruise. I wanted cabin C510 on the Caribe deck. It's not available to book on the 14 night cruise.

But... if you check the Jan 29, 2012...7 night cruise and the Feb 5, 2012... 7 night cruise...cabin C510 is "available" on Both segments.

Princess agents won't release C510 for the 14 night cruise! Our TA is working on this but so far no luck in booking C510 at the cheaper 14 night cruise rate.

Princess will allow us to book the 7 night segments separately BUT we have to pay the increased rates!

I didn't clue into the Princess "cabin availability situation" before we booked our 29 night cruise on the Crown Princess Aug 16, 2011. But the same situation occurs with that cruise as well...the good cabin locations are available on the shorter segment cruises (12 & 17 nighters) and not on the whole 29 night cruise choice. We had booked that cruise the day it was released and the rates have increased by quite a bit already so we'll stay as is for that cruise.

It's frustrating that Princess breaks down their longer cruises into segments and lists the better locations for the shorter segments first. It's all about their "bottom line" I guess...they get more money doing it this way.

Well the TA didn't see anything more than what I could see online but no biggy. Got our two balcony's together, a little further back on the ship than we wanted ... almost the very back actually, but we'll make do.

We are officially booked !!!

Well the TA didn't see anything more than what I could see online but no biggy. Got our two balcony's together, a little further back on the ship than we wanted ... almost the very back actually, but we'll make do.

We are officially booked !!!

Yay! I love that feeling of having a cruise booked! So much to look forward to.

And I think you'll like the "very back"; it's very peaceful and quiet back there and so convenient to the buffet/aft pool. I love the aft on this class of ship.

Yay! I love that feeling of having a cruise booked! So much to look forward to.

And I think you'll like the "very back"; it's very peaceful and quiet back there and so convenient to the buffet/aft pool. I love the aft on this class of ship.

Thanks you for helping remove any doubt. I'm sure we'll be happy too.

One in the group gets motion sickness so we were hoping for more in the middle since that is supposed to be best for that, but she says she will just fill up on whatever necessary if need be so even she is okay. From what I read, at least the back is better than the front.

We are going on the Ruby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your best bet is to call Princess, they are very helpful.

Be sure the deck letter is capitalized, ie E702. It's case sensative.

Archived