Show us Your Aft!

Just back from our first ever JS 1602 on Radiance OTS Southbound Seward to Vancouver Alaska Cruise. Loved the JS not sure if we can go back to a standard balcony now... unless its 9256 or 7388/7688 with the oversized balconies! It was so nice to have the larger bathroom, bath tub & walk in closet.

image_zps9e083795.jpg

image_zps02f7b5b3.jpg

image_zps581e8a0c.jpg

image_zps5dc50cdd.jpg

image_zps46394d54.jpg

image_zpsb8d37ce7.jpg

Edited by ace1zoe2

And the balcony was oversized as well. The cabin & balcony was equal to 1.5 normal balcony rooms. It had 3 full size windows, 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table & there was plenty of room to walk & move around. Of course the wake-view in Alaska was fabulous!

3745e437-520c-4d71-9f83-23367b722527_zps657a5c72.jpg

image_zps95fc8867.jpg

image_zps2a112617.jpg

image_zps61bc5e83.jpg

image_zps262281f9.jpg

image_zps011959ab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have told the story before.......

I am a former TA from lifetimes ago so when an aft-facing balcony cabin opened up around final payment for DH's first cruise, I grabbed it. We do spend a great deal of time out there-DH was in love instantly.

Problem now? He whimpers like a puppy if I suggest anything else.

One of the many wonderful things about an aft facing cabin is you will enjoy the scenery on BOTH sides of the ship. The environment is more settled out there.....no strong breeze when the ship is steaming hard. In fact, on our Canadian cruise on the Brilliance we never even noticed the night the winds were up to 60 mph on the beam.

We go back to Alaska next year to celebrate our 7th anniversary (married on the Radiance in Juneau). DH booked it while I was recovering from heart surgery. I was pretty blue and he arrived with the news that he had booked cabin 1100 (aft corner JS). What a great way to make me smile.

Someday we will cruise in a non-aft-facing-balcony-cabin (Quantum is our hometown ship and we cannot afford the aft suites). Until then, we will enjoy the jagunda-gunda balconies! I often sleep out there!!!

We were just on FOS in 7708. We absolutely LOVED our balcony. The rest of my family certainly had aft envy :). I'll try to post a few pics...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I loved getting room service coffee in the morning and just sitting out there watching the sunrise. We had a nice little breeze but it was never too windy even though at times it was like a hurricane on deck LOL. I also liked that it was covered, we were able to be out on deck the very few times it rained. Didn't notice any soot at all. We were part of a group of thirteen and everyone was on our balcony for a sailaway party with plenty of room. We grabbed some champagne from the bar and some snacks from Sorrento's and the Cafe Promenade. Best room we ever had!!!

We have that exact room booked for next May. Can't wait! :D

• 3 weeks later...
8172 on Radiance - fantastic!

Thanks for the pics - love those aft balconies. We have booked 8170 as a surprise for our sons on Serenade later this year (we'll be next door in 8168). I am curious as to whether there is something between 8170 and 8172 as the deck plans seem to show that there is - perhaps a cupboard or something similar. Did you notice this?

Edited by Bobal

We were on aft by accident first RCCL Cruise on Adventure, since then I will grab some Aft, any time I can.:eek:

Aug 31st sailing of Legend I grabbed some Aft, Jr suite Aft to be exact!

9 night Rome to Venice I promise to show you all my aft!;)

Freedom of the Seas: 7408

In St Thomas:

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

Huge balcony:

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

efcf88014631b17bdd46060fada612b8_zpsab31754d.jpg

Beautiful views:

db31020bbbbb56804ecbd56585928512_zps8c818774.jpg

Looking down - a bit of an obstruction, but worth the space!

6323d70337846de03a4be74e63f60694_zpse147c44a.jpg

e2e32f32a4d4a131e5a015d0d718b165_zps24e2fba6.jpg

Thank you for sharing #7408 aft, will be in this cabin in September. Can't wait

Thank you for sharing #7408 aft, will be in this cabin in September. Can't wait

Please be sure to report back here about your aft experience. :) I'll be in the other deck 7 corner aft next May. I love to hear about these cabins.

Enjoy your cruise!

Pic below is DH enjoying the balcony on Navigator 7388 (deck 7 corner aft....essentially the same as Freedom class 7408 and 7708.)

On Voyager class ships, these balconies are 7388 and 7688.

Judy

P.S. He can give you instructions on how to hang your hammock.:D

Nav7388balcony.jpg[/url}

Please be sure to report back here about your aft experience. :) I'll be in the other deck 7 corner aft next May. I love to hear about these cabins.

Enjoy your cruise!

You got it, Sure will :) Will also post my December cabins too..both are aft cabin (JS and corner aft).

Edited by trucruising

Pic below is DH enjoying the balcony on Navigator 7388 (deck 7 corner aft....essentially the same as Freedom class 7408 and 7708.)

On Voyager class ships, these balconies are 7388 and 7688.

Judy

P.S. He can give you instructions on how to hang your hammock.:D

Nav7388balcony.jpg[/url}

He looks very happy! :D

Just thought of something. We'll be in 7708 on Freedom of the Seas. Does that aft balcony room have a sofa, or only a chair? I was just watching some youtube videos of aft balconies on Freedom. It wasn't a corner aft, but the room only had a chair. (I think it may have been on deck 9)

Edited by jules815

Just thought of something. We'll be in 7708 on Freedom of the Seas. Does that aft balcony room have a sofa, or only a chair? I was just watching some youtube videos of aft balconies on Freedom. It wasn't a corner aft, but the room only had a chair. (I think it may have been on deck 9)

We were in 7408 - the mirror of 7708. It has a small sofa. This is what it looks like:

0d650fbdfa9c0320a63ebfa5959ab08f_zpse59554f5.jpg

Yes, it has the smaller love seat instead of the sofa. I don't believe it can be opened into a bed, but not 100% certain on that. Here is a video of 7408 on Liberty which should give you an idea.

Yes, it has the smaller love seat instead of the sofa. I don't believe it can be opened into a bed, but not 100% certain on that. Here is a video of 7408 on Liberty which should give you an idea.

I'm also curious if the loveseat in 7408 pulls out into a couch so we don't have to use the Pullman. Anyone know? I've searched posts and videos but can't figure it out.

Sailing on Freedom 7408 in August!!

Renee

• 2 weeks later...
This thread has caused me to call my TA to change my Feb inside cabin to an aft balcony!! It will be a pricey upgrade, but I'm already picturing myself sitting out there, reading as the sun sets.

Smart splurge! :) You will love it! Tell us when you get back!

Smart splurge! :) You will love it! Tell us when you get back!

I didn't even end up going on that cruise unfortunately but I have aft cabin 7690 booked on the Explorer next March so if anyone has pictures of that room, I'd love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I didn't even end up going on that cruise unfortunately but I have aft cabin 7690 booked on the Explorer next March so if anyone has pictures of that room, I'd love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Ohhhhh, I was in that room in 2010 and the balcony was wonderful!!! I'll see if I have any pictures of it!

Cheryl