Dining Decisions

Signdy

As is done on the triplets, I would assume that you will get a sort of "preview" menu of the Main Dining Room and Restaurant 2 on the Odyssey the night before along with a copy of the Herald (the daily goings on of the ship). Anyone who has been on the Odyssey, will you post what you experienced?

One suggestion I have for the 'Big Sisters' is to post the menus on the CC TV. Including the DR luncheon menu which is always annoying to find. (Years ago they used to include it in the Herald) Saves paper.

One suggestion I have for the 'Big Sisters' is to post the menus on the CC TV. Including the DR luncheon menu which is always annoying to find. (Years ago they used to include it in the Herald) Saves paper.

I totally agree with you, then it would probably be possible to post the menu for a whole week which would make booking Restaurant 2 a more informed choice... and save on the paper.

I never have known where to find the DR luncheon menu apart from going to the DR.

But sometimes i don't want to bother to go to the Pursers' or the Sky Bar. I agree with LN50 it would be so easy to do and a great option. As to '2', I would make the appointment and you can always cancel. On the 'Big Sisters' it seems the menu is the same all week, yes? On the 'Little Sissters' the menu varies with theme nights and they are posted in the first Herald.

Is it possible to get Restaurant 2 reservations if you wait until you get the menus the night before or should you do it earlier without worrying about the menus? How soon can you make R2 reservations? I thought I had read 48 hrs on another thread.

I read somewhere that R2 menu is the same every night during a 7-day sailing. Is that not true?

Would love to hear their marketing department's rationale!

That is funny. It's as if this is what they were referred to when the ships were in the planning/building stage and they never got around to naming it.

Suddenly, I have to have a macaroon. Is that a Seabourn specialty?

Every morning the kitchen sends up a tray of freshly made cookies to the sky bar. The macaroons are irresistible. You can order a cappucino and have some cookies for a nice mid-morning break.

MM

Really a novice question but what is Restaurant 2 ? Is that really it's name? I guess Restaurant 1 is the main dining room? :o

Actually "2" refers to the fact that these are tasting plates, with the main focus ingredient prepared 2 ways...

Host Dan

Since the concept originated before the 'Big Sisters' were created, I thought it was because it was the second dining option for the Veranda. (But then it was ages before I discovered the Deck 5 spa and the cabinet in the bathroom with the Moulton Brown goodies.)

Whatever the reason for its name, it's a wonderful dining option.

But only if the decor, the ambience, the service and the food appeal.

Not everyone has enjoyed the experience and would not go again. So try it once and that may be enough. But there again try it once and you may wish to go every night. But do try it. Chacun a son gout.

But only if the decor, the ambience, the service and the food appeal.

Not everyone has enjoyed the experience and would not go again. So try it once and that may be enough. But there again try it once and you may wish to go every night. But do try it. Chacun a son gout.

Indeed!! We went on our first night on the Pride a few nights ago and it wasn't for us. What we expected was something like La Terrazza on Silversea (sorry that's our recent benchmark) which is a *little* more casual but very elegant, on those ships the place is quite transformed from the buffet restaurant during the day. R2 on Pride is also in the 'buffet' restaurant, but it's a lot less changed at night, we found it too bright, too casual by far and (as a result perhaps of having a 7pm and an 8.30pm service) very rushed. The fact the, mostly empty, buffet counter was there at the side didn't help the ambience.

The food was lovely but we won't do it again.

Indeed!! We went on our first night on the Pride a few nights ago and it wasn't for us. What we expected was something like La Terrazza on Silversea (sorry that's our recent benchmark) which is a *little* more casual but very elegant, on those ships the place is quite transformed from the buffet restaurant during the day. R2 on Pride is also in the 'buffet' restaurant, but it's a lot less changed at night, we found it too bright, too casual by far and (as a result perhaps of having a 7pm and an 8.30pm service) very rushed. The fact the, mostly empty, buffet counter was there at the side didn't help the ambience.

The food was lovely but we won't do it again.

Do note that restaurant 2 on the small ships is the veranda cafe; on the new ships, Odyssey and Sojourn, it is a completely separate room only open in the evenings - looks a bit like a night club, and will appeal strongly to some and not at all to others. The tastings are every evening, with the bistro type meals served in the Colonnade every evening - and this is a lot more comfortable and spacious than the veranda cafes.

Archived