What is your single favorite thing about a Celebrity cruise?

JeffCoud

Going to see Perry Grant and looking at the faces of first-timers who haven't yet been Perrified.......I can smile just sitting here in my living room thinking about that. Positions, everyone!
What type of microwave do you have? Counter or built-in? (Only Parry Grant fans will get that one);)

.....but it has to be the peanut butter ice-cream

What ship?:) I have never had peanut butter ice cream on board.

Rum Raisin..yes and it is really good...but I want to try the peanut

butter...I LOVE IT:D

Service, without question, service. When you are serving others for 51 weeks out of the year, whether it be your job, hubby, children, grandkids, getting treated like you are the most important person on the ship, well, it's simply wonderful, and X does it best.

What ship?:) I have never had peanut butter ice cream on board.

Rum Raisin..yes and it is really good...but I want to try the peanut

butter...I LOVE IT:D

We got it from the ice-cream bar on the Millennium last year. The only problem is that was too nice, almost addictive. Especially accompanied by one of the white chocolate cookies. We even made some when we go home by whipping up smooth peanut butter with vanilla ice-cream; it works really well and is excellent if you need to put on weight before your next cruise....;)

We got it from the ice-cream bar on the Millennium last year. The only problem is that was too nice, almost addictive. Especially accompanied by one of the white chocolate cookies. We even made some when we go home by whipping up smooth peanut butter with vanilla ice-cream; it works really well and is excellent if you need to put on weight before your next cruise....;)

LOL put on weight?:eek: hahaha.......;)

I will have to see if they have it on Solstice:). I haven't been on

Millennium in almost 4 years.

Since Celebrity has very few children most of its cruises only have two passengers per cabin, while the majority of other mass market cruise lines have a significant number of cabins with three and four passengers. A typical Celebrity sailing also has a number of solo passengers occupying a cabin that can accommodate more people. As a result, Celebrity rarely sails with its maximum passenger capacity.

Right, we all want to put on weight before our next cruise. :eek: I need to lose some so I'll still fit in my cruise clothes after having waffles for breakfast every morning!

For our three previous X cruises we loved the butlers. Hopefully, itinerary based, we will be able to cruise X again and once again experience this outstanding service.....:):):)

We are probably in the minority, but my husband and I don't feel that Celebrity's butlers enhanced our overall cruise experience at all. The only reason why we book suites is for the extra space. Based on our experience, Celebrity is the only cruise line that has such a huge difference between its balcony cabins and suites and that is probably because of its butlers. I would much rather see a difference between its suites and balcony cabins that is comparable to other cruise lines and forgo the butler. Ironically, Celebrity has some of the lowest prices of any mass market cruise line for inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, and balcony cabins, but their suites are a lot more expensive.

The iced towels at the pool were great, as they were w/the drinks waiting dockside as we returned from port. And, whilst enjoying them, the looks we got from the Carnival types while waiting for the tender in Grand Cayman were priceless...:D

Can't wait to go back!

Laurie

I'm not saying 10 things, just one, if you had to pick it.

For me, I'd have to say lunch time at the Aqua Spa cafe....so tasty and creative and the staff is usually super, esp if you become a regular! So looking for to getting my Aqua Spa cafe fix on the Summit next month!

Jeff

I second that. Aqua Spa cafe is great.

I would much rather see a difference between its suites and balcony cabins that is comparable to other cruise lines and forgo the butler. Ironically, Celebrity has some of the lowest prices of any mass market cruise line for inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, and balcony cabins, but their suites are a lot more expensive.

It's not ironic, that's just simply the market at work. Obviously someone values those suites with butlers, hence their price is higher. Price would not be higher if people were not booking them. Clearly it's not your thing, but it's somebody's thing, and that other mass market lines don't do butlers, maybe X has cornered the market then? So it's all just market forces at work, nothing more.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
LOL put on weight?:eek: hahaha.......;)

I will have to see if they have it on Solstice:). I haven't been on

Millennium in almost 4 years.

If you don't see the PB Ice Cream within the first couple of days of the cruise speak with your section waiter in the MDR and ask him to have it made. They really will! My friend always asks for Pina Colada Ice Cream, and they always make it for her.

Archived