Where is our APP???

Fore on the Floor

What is the application used for? I just logged on to My Princess using my BlackBerry Storm and I was able to access my captains circle account, view my credits and saved cruises, search for a cruise and book it. The only thing that I wasn't able to do was see the deck plans and run the videos. The pages took forever to load and I wouldn't attempt doing this unless my phone was plugged in. BlackBerry’s don’t have fast loading browsers and the Storm doesn’t have the best ratings. My browser froze when I tried to cancel the cruise I attempted to book and I had to remove the battery to reboot it. Maybe the pages would load faster on the Android phones or the iPhone.

I'm as geeky as anyone and I see no need for a Princess smartphone app. In a pinch, any smartphone can access Princess.com on a web browser.

Cruise planning and research is best done on a computer.

Lew

I'm as geeky as anyone and I see no need for a Princess smartphone app. In a pinch, any smartphone can access Princess.com on a web browser.

Lew

I agree. If your life is so busy that you can't book a cruise at home on a computer then chances are you don't have time to "Escape Completely". Maybe the OP is looking for a virtual reality cruise application.

Lew

I agree Lew, don't want to try and see everything for a new booking on that tiny screen. Would rather be on my laptop. :D

I agree with the comments about learning about cruises, ships, ports of call, booking a cruise, etc. are better done on a computer than a phone.

However, an iPhone, Blackberry, etc. application to access the cruise Personalizer and captains circle account ("My Princess") would be great! We could check if we've gotten a room assignment for those who book GTY's, maybe even book shore excursions and spa appointments (this is revenue producing for Princess!!).

I would love an app for my iPhone!! yes, I use my computer BUT I use my iPhone so much more now. ;) It would be great to be sitting on the train and planning my next cruise, right from my iPhone.

Are you saying that you can't access the website using the iPhone?

Oh come on guys. It would be cool. And apps are like cheap as heck to create. A Cruise Personalizer app. You guys wouldn't get that? Of course Princess would have to give this for free but anyone can create an app so Princess doesn't need to necessarily do it. Just has to get the rights from them which they will most likely give.

I would use an app for cruising. Others also make a point about the browser

I can access the cruise website through it. Heck I am posting this from my Droid. The advantage for an app to me is the interface, they usually are not as moody as my browser. I do seem to remember filling out a survey FOR HAL (I know HAL is not Princess) about the desire for technology like applications. If one line is thinking about them then the others probably are as well.

Oh come on guys. It would be cool. And apps are like cheap as heck to create. A Cruise Personalizer app. You guys wouldn't get that? Of course Princess would have to give this for free but anyone can create an app so Princess doesn't need to necessarily do it. Just has to get the rights from them which they will most likely give.

Maybe I am missing something but my immigration information (except passport information) is saved on my account as well as my preferences. I receive all of the pre cruise emails and I email the boarding pass, travel summary and luggage tags to my phone. I wouldn't book a spa treatment even if I used the service because you can get a better price on the ship. The screen is way too small to book shore excursions and as I stated in a post earlier in the thread the pages take forever to load on my phone. In addition I have a copy of my FCC's saved on my phone for easy access to the confirmation # should I want to book a cruise at a moment’s notice. Now If I could access the menu for the cruise I am booked on then that would be worth viewing if I was bored waiting in the Doctor or Dentist office. Since Princess only has a sample menu and not the actual daily menu on their site I don’t see that happening. I am hoping that the OP will elaborate on the APP they are looking for.

i try to stay away from smart phones as I am so addicted my computer I have to stop the urge with a phone I would never be off it;

but that being said I think an Application is a great idea, and it doesn't have to visit your cruise personalizer... it could

-have a cool countdown clock for your cruise

-ship sounds (ie horn, loveboat theme, waves)

-destination info, video etc

-tips for cruising

-info on ship tours etc.

Smart, Princess should do it.... a whole new generation is growing up on this stuff and if we want to market to them they need go with the flow (aka waves) :D

I would love an app for my iPhone!! yes, I use my computer BUT I use my iPhone so much more now. ;) It would be great to be sitting on the train and planning my next cruise, right from my iPhone.
I use my iPhone a LOT more than my computer and would love an app whereby I could check my booking on it, deck plans, book tours, etc. And, look for a cruise and itinerary. Yes, I can access all of this information on my computer or access the website, but the website uses a lot of Flash so it's useless on the iPhone. Other cruiselines (and airlines) have an app, why not Princess?

Oh, and I'm posting this on my iPhone. :)

Mike, I think the iPhone geeks have forgotten how to access stuff without their precious "apps". :D
No, you can't use the website on an iPhone because so much is in Flash. Plus, I'm often with friends that I'm traveling with when I want to look something up. I don't carry my computer everywhere but I do my iPhone.

No, you can't use the website on an iPhone because so much is in Flash. Plus, I'm often with friends that I'm traveling with when I want to look something up. I don't carry my computer everywhere but I do my iPhone.

True confession - I would probably have had an iPhone if Apple didn't sell their soul to AT&T. That was all the opening the Androids needed to move into what will soon be a dominant position in the smartphone world. I am making do with a Windows phone until I can get a Droid in the spring.

Pam, tell me you weren't one of those who camped out in front of the store when Apple introduced a new model iPhones. :D

The best thing about QR Tags is they can be built to go direct to what you want to see, no need to go to the landing page of Princess and then log in and then click several times to get to your personalizer or whatever your looking for. Once you have accessed your personalizer via a QR Tag it goes into history and you then can just click on that.

I would like to have one to access what ships will be in which port.

50% of the cell phones will be smart phones by next year. Your kids most likely already have one!

Not for everything, but one heck of a tool.

See you on the water,

Rex

I would like to have one to access what ships will be in which port.

50% of the cell phones will be smart phones by next year. Your kids most likely already have one!

Not for everything, but one heck of a tool.

See you on the water,

Rex

My stepdaughter has a new Motorola Droid and I am insanely jealous. :mad: My HTC Ozone will have to do unitl May 2011. :(

Archived