What a Waste of RCCL Money

MrPete

Strange that RCCL ships dock here with no problem, and because a Carnival ship, on a once only visit, could not dock, there are tearing it down.:confused:

I wonder......could this be a possible future set-up for docking Oasis/Allure

Yes MrPete. . . I remember reading about how Carnival Dream was unable to dock there while on her Maiden voyage to San Juan. . .

Here are a few pics I took when I sailed the Liberty of the Seas in Jan 2008. . . (in San Juan)

Radio

;);)

View from Liberty of the Seas of Radiance OTS at Pier 3 in San Juan

L138.JPG

View from the Sheraton of Liberty and Radiance of the Seas

P23.JPG

View from Pier 3 while Liberty OTS and Radiance OTS are docked. . .

P41.JPG

I wonder......could this be a possible future set-up for docking Oasis/Allure

That would be a nice option in place of Nassau. I thought about the same thing as all of RCI's other ships have no issues with docking there. I think that they would have to add a dolphin to make it work for Oasis/Allure. I thought that it looked cool. I remember when the Carnivore ship could not dock. No one from Carnivore thought about checking it out first. Go figure.

Strange that RCCL ships dock here with no problem, and because a Carnival ship, on a once only visit, could not dock, there are tearing it down.:confused:

Was thinking the same.

I think i have read some time ago that there were no San Juan in the future in RCI itineraries.

Yes MrPete. . . I remember reading about how Carnival Dream was unable to dock there while on her Maiden voyage to San Juan. . .

Here are a few pics I took when I sailed the Liberty of the Seas in Jan 2008. . . (in San Juan)

Radio

;);)

As usual, your pix are amazing! :)

I have meant to comment on your beautiful pictures before Radio, as I have seen them on other threads.

You are a phenomenal photographer and each time I see one of your amazing photos it brings back memories of my dear father's photographs. He was also a very talented photographer with an excellent eye for detail, just like you.

Thank you for sharing these with us and the others you have posted. :)

That would be a nice option in place of Nassau. I thought about the same thing as all of RCI's other ships have no issues with docking there. I think that they would have to add a dolphin to make it work for Oasis/Allure. I thought that it looked cool. I remember when the Carnivore ship could not dock. No one from Carnivore thought about checking it out first. Go figure.

Not likely to replace Nassau on current itineraries as SJ is a lot farther away. It could be part of a new itinerary overall though. I think it's a tight squeeze for most ships and this will prevent any future accident.

Not likely to replace Nassau on current itineraries as SJ is a lot farther away. It could be part of a new itinerary overall though. I think it's a tight squeeze for most ships and this will prevent any future accident.

Further away?? Don't think so. Many RCI ships have sailed seven night cruises to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten out of south Florida. Oasis and Allure could easily do this by dropping Nassau and picking up San Juan. Would be no different than the itinerary that the Freedom sailed when she was cruising out of Miami.

Radio

;);)

View from Liberty of the Seas of Radiance OTS at Pier 3 in San Juan

edited to save room (sorry)

View from the Sheraton of Liberty and Radiance of the Seas

edited to save room

View from Pier 3 while Liberty OTS and Radiance OTS are docked. . .

P41.JPG

Radio, love your pictures, I edited out a few to save MB and physical space. I don't get it, 1 ship can't dock and they destroy one of the nicest looking docks I have seen. Sure it was a bit of a strange art but your photo's show how pretty it really was. I say let the Carnival Dream dock at the Pan American Pier and bus them around San Juan (LOL).

Mkke

I hope that is not true. I love San Juan both as a departure port and as a port of call.

I think that it has to do with the number of ships that have been pulled and moved to Europe. When RCI moved Freedom to Pt. Canaveral, they dropped San Juan and added Coco Cay to the eastern itinerary. I guess the only ships going there now are the ones out of San Juan for the southern. Celebrity is still calling there.

Further away?? Don't think so. Many RCI ships have sailed seven night cruises to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten out of south Florida. Oasis and Allure could easily do this by dropping Nassau and picking up San Juan. Would be no different than the itinerary that the Freedom sailed when she was cruising out of Miami.

Really, last time I checked, San Juan is a lot farther south than Nassau.

Archived