FREE Luxury Hotel Package

Rally

If I can get this formatted correctly, here's a list of hotels that RSSC sent me -- it may be a partial one. Standard hotels are for Cat. D-H and Premium are for Cat. C and up passengers.

PORT

STANDARD

PREMIUM

BUENOS AIRES

SHERATON BUENOS AIRES

PARK TOWER

SYDNEY

SHERATON ON THE PARK

FOUR SEASONS SYDNEY

RIO DE JANEIRO

INTERCONTINENTAL RIO

JW MARRIOTT RIO

VANCOUVER

SUTTON PLACE

FAIRMONT HOTEL OR PAN PACIFIC

COPENHAGEN

SCANDIC HOTEL

RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA

ATHENS

ATHENAEUM INTERCONTINENTAL

GRANDE BRETAGNE

ROME

PARCO DEI PRINCIPI

INTERCONTINENTAL DE LA VILLE

VENICE

HILTON MOLINO STUCKY

HOTEL SATURNIA INTERNATIONAL-VENICE

LIMA

SWISSOTEL LIMA

JW MARRIOTT LIMA

SINGAPORE

MANDARIN ORIENTAL SINGAPORE

FOUR SEASONS SINGAPORE

STOCKHOLM

RADISSON BLU STRAND

HILTON SLUSSEN

ISTANBUL

SWISSOTEL OR CONRAD

RITZ CARLTON ISTANBUL OR CEYLAN INTERCONTINENTAL

DUBAI

INTERCONTINENTAL FESTIVAL CITY

RAFFLES HOTEL

LONDON

MILLENNIUM MAYFAIR OR SIMILAR

INTERCONTINENTAL PARK LANE

FORT LAUDERDALE

EMBASSY SUITES

HYATT REGENCY PIER 66

NEW YORK

INTERCONTINENTAL NY TIMES SQ

WALDORF ASTORIA

I'm still waiting to see the facts that fares were increased due to the included excursions. Many forum members have posted that their fares did not increase when the program was introduced.

My recollection was that the much higher than before 2009 fares were published before the announcement was made about "Free excursions". I always thought that they needed to do something to justify the big fare increases that started that year.

I just checked out rates for double rooms at the Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel in Rome and added in a transfer to the airport. For 2 people the cost would be 413 Euros or, approx. $574 if you book it yourself. Doesn't look like Regent prices are that far off.

I've done the math on my cruise too -- the difference is $800 pp. I can buy a lot of nights/taxis/meals for $1600 bucks. So I'm another person who won't be "upgrading."

But all in all in this day and age of "Make sure you fly in a day early just in case there is a problem with the flight," I think this is actually an excellent marketing idea that will in fact go over well for those folks who aren't remembering the good 'o days when they walked 10 miles to school, each way, up-hill, in the rain....

This is a nice perk for us. As we booked after 10-1, our cruise fee has not increased. Therefore, we will not pay anymore for this rather nice perk. We are doing our own air to New York, and this gives us more more leeway to get there a day early, relax, and then board the ship. I like it!

Not complaining, AT ALL, just sharing...

I contacted my TA this morning to inquire about the change in fare, if I wanted to participate in the Regent hotel program.

Alaska Cruise, August 31, Category D

Fare would increase $600 PLUS $119 for transfers (TA stated that transfers are NOT included in the new Regent hotel program)

While I agree that this is a wonderful addition to Regent's all inclusive plan, I can definitely get from the YVR airport to my hotel for about $40, and stay in the Fairmont or Pan Pacific for under $250, so this is not an option I am going to go for on this cruise. I can definitely see where it comes in handy on Europe/Baltic/Med cruises, for those of us coming from North America.

Same thing applies to us and I don't think it is worth it. Now what happens if Regent drops the cruise fare? Will we then be offered a room or not? I think they should have made it available to all passengers for 2011 and beyond regardless of when you booked.

For me, I have never booked a pre-cruise at the "rack rate" TC has suggested is the cost. I never use Regent for pre-cruise as she does. Have always found a room in either a comparable or better hotel, OR at Regent's choice for hotel at much less than the price she quoted, usually less than 1/2 of Regent's cost to me to book with them.

Not at all happy about this "inclusion" for "free", as I know nothing is free, and we will all pay for it whether we like it or not, and no credits as we get with non-use air. We all know we pay for what we get. In the past, I have saved a lot of $$'s doing hotels on my own. Like someone said, I don't need to be hand-held by Mother Regent from cradle to grave. Obviously, a lot of people like this not shopping around thing, and are happy to have it "included" at a cost. I for one, do not.

For me, I have never booked a pre-cruise at the "rack rate" TC has suggested is the cost. I never use Regent for pre-cruise as she does. Have always found a room in either a comparable or better hotel, OR at Regent's choice for hotel at much less than the price she quoted, usually less than 1/2 of Regent's cost to me to book with them.

Not at all happy about this "inclusion" for "free", as I know nothing is free, and we will all pay for it whether we like it or not, and no credits as we get with non-use air. We all know we pay for what we get. In the past, I have saved a lot of $$'s doing hotels on my own. Like someone said, I don't need to be hand-held by Mother Regent from cradle to grave. Obviously, a lot of people like this not shopping around thing, and are happy to have it "included" at a cost. I for one, do not.

Just for the record, we do not book pre-cruise with Regent. And, the cost I posted earlier was from the hotel website. As those who read my posts know, I have been quite outspoken about my views of inclusiveness.

In any event, the Voyager will be in Athens in a couple of days and I think I'll just enjoy being happy for those who will sail on her next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an email from a travel agent...on a mailing list I am on. The email states that the included pre-cruise hotel stay appears to be optional, like the air. As we book our own air, Regent deducts from the quoted fare approximately $1,000 pp. Now it appears if you don't wish to take the pre-cuise hotel stay, you will get $600 off the price. Here's what the email said:

One of only four six-star cruise lines, Regent Seven Seas continues to find ways to make the experience on its ships more inclusive. The line already includes gratuities, most beverages and shore excursions in its fares, and now has announced that a free one-night, pre-cruise hotel stay at a deluxe property will be offered in conjunction with nearly every cruise.

The hotel package is available on sailings beginning January 7 for the Seven Seas Navigator, April 17 for the Seven Seas Mariner and June 7 for the Seven Seas Voyager, and includes transfers between the hotel and the ship, as well as breakfast prior to checkout. Those who choose not to reserve the pre-cruise hotel stay will receive an additional discount of $600 per stateroom, which is reflected in the prices on our site.

Just received an email from a travel agent...on a mailing list I am on. The email states that the included pre-cruise hotel stay appears to be optional, like the air. As we book our own air, Regent deducts from the quoted fare approximately $1,000 pp. Now it appears if you don't wish to take the pre-cuise hotel stay, you will get $600 off the price. Here's what the email said:

One of only four six-star cruise lines, Regent Seven Seas continues to find ways to make the experience on its ships more inclusive. The line already includes gratuities, most beverages and shore excursions in its fares, and now has announced that a free one-night, pre-cruise hotel stay at a deluxe property will be offered in conjunction with nearly every cruise.

The hotel package is available on sailings beginning January 7 for the Seven Seas Navigator, April 17 for the Seven Seas Mariner and June 7 for the Seven Seas Voyager, and includes transfers between the hotel and the ship, as well as breakfast prior to checkout. Those who choose not to reserve the pre-cruise hotel stay will receive an additional discount of $600 per stateroom, which is reflected in the prices on our site.

We are booked on the April 17 Mariner Rome to Istanbul. From what I have been reading on these boards, I assume that in order to get the $600 ($300 pp) credit for NOT using their hotel (we are coming into Rome several days earlier), I would have to rebook my cabin at the higher price that is currently advertised. Our F cabin seems to have gone up over $500 pp. Even if I assume that the advertised price does not take into account a Seven Seas Society discount, it still seems that the price increase is more than the credit. Did your TA say anything about previously booked cruises? Just want to get my info. straight.

Well you'll have to check, but I doubt you would have to rebook to get the hotel credit--you certainly can change your air without doing that.

But $600? So this will, in future, depend on the math. Sometimes a no-brainer. For Fort Lauderdale: $200 deviation fee, $50 for cabs (both ways), $100 for a hotel, $30 for breakfast = $380. Of course, we're staying in a cute homey little motel, not a luxury hotel. But somewhere like Monte Carlo or Athens, it would probably make sense.

We are considering a cruise to Scandinavia next summer, to include St. Petersburg. Since we prefer small ships, I cut it off at the 700 passenger ships (recently sailed on 700 passenger Oceania Insignia/our preference is based on personal experiences.) Among those that made the cut: Regent, Silverseas, Seabourn, Oceania (on the Insignia,) Sea Dream, Azamara.

I noticed the total package price for Regent. For our cruise, the "rack rate," was $ 8,300 for 10 days on Voyager, starting in Stockholm.

We'd always fly in a day before the cruise, and leave a day after it ends. The included hotel (don't know which hotel,) includes transfers from the airport to hotel, breakfast, and transfers from the hotel to ship. I'm aware that prices in Scandinavia are very high. I don't know the average price of the transfers or taxis, but depending on the distances, those can also be very high. The cost of breakfast in Scandinavia could run $ 50 or more. So I'd be checking out the hotel rate and the cost of transportation and breakfast before I'd say $ 600 a night is too much.

Well you'll have to check, but I doubt you would have to rebook to get the hotel credit--you certainly can change your air without doing that.

But $600? So this will, in future, depend on the math. Sometimes a no-brainer. For Fort Lauderdale: $200 deviation fee, $50 for cabs (both ways), $100 for a hotel, $30 for breakfast = $380. Of course, we're staying in a cute homey little motel, not a luxury hotel. But somewhere like Monte Carlo or Athens, it would probably make sense.

I just spoke to Regent. The representative told me that the "free hotel" deal or credit was "only for new bookings made after the rate increase." Because we booked our April 17th Mariner cruise prior to the October 1 rate increase, we would indeed have to rebook at the higher fare in order to take advantage of either the "free room" or the $600 per suite credit. The Regent rep admitted that the rate increase was more than the credit they were offering (we are coming into Rome 3 days early so we aren't interested in the hotel stay). So from where I sit, there is no bargain here.

Archived