Alternate restaurant reservation policy on Marina

wripro

I thought I would ask again: Are there any sample or real menus yet for the new restaurants Red Ginger and Jacques?

Just 3 days ago, Oceania President Bob Binder, in the "10 day countdown" blog(click here) about Marina, mentioned that "menus have been printed", but I sincerely doubt anyone other than those setting up the ship has seen them. Today, in the same blog, he mentioned 2 or 3 of the recipes that will be served in Jacques.

Just 3 days ago, Oceania President Bob Binder, in the "10 day countdown" blog(click here) about Marina, mentioned that "menus have been printed", but I sincerely doubt anyone other than those setting up the ship has seen them. Today, in the same blog, he mentioned 2 or 3 of the recipes that will be served in Jacques.

Ok I will just have the apple tart please ;)

From Oceania's Blog regarding Red Ginger:

Some of the dishes you can look forward to are:

Caramelized Tiger Prawns - onions, chili garlic sauce, scallions

Avocado Lobster Salad - lobster, crispy lotus, avocado, tuna, hamachi, den miso, shiso vinegar

Thai Vegetable Curry - green curry sauce, sweet potato, aubergine, fried tofu, mushrooms, basil, cherry tomatoes

Malaysian Beef Penaeng - beef short rib, nutty curry paste, coconut, paratha roti

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/taste/2011/01/the-presidents-countdown-7-days-to-marinas-maiden-voyage.html

For those of you who worry about not getting enough reservations, there are always a lot of passengers -- like us -- who tend not to use all our reservations.

Now, I am determined to try all the restaurants on Marina on our first voyage, but would we do so on a later cruise? I'm not so sure. We like Toscana and Polo on the "R" ships, we just have always preferred the high quality and variety available in the GDR.

My point is that while many of the CC posters seem to avidly want to dine in the "other" restaurants as often as possible, not all passengers do.

On Ren they used to call us when we hadn't dined in Polo and/or Toscana to make sure that we didn't want to. O never has done so! But we have gotten extra reservations when we wanted them ... However, on average we have not used all the reservations we were "entitled" to.

We'll be in a PH on Marina so we don't get the extra perks as far as restaurants are concerned, and I am quite entranced with the menus I've seen and the food descriptions from those now on board are enticing ... but I suspect we'll be happy with what we can get!

Not everyone avoids the GDR as some of us here seem to.

Since I'll have 19 nights and I'm not interested in either La Reserve or Privee, the alternates are very important. I like the menus in the MDR as well but I much prefer a smaller, more intimate experience than such a large venue provides. We're all different.

Since I'll have 19 nights and I'm not interested in either La Reserve or Privee, the alternates are very important. I like the menus in the MDR as well but I much prefer a smaller, more intimate experience than such a large venue provides. We're all different.

If, as you say, the alternates are very important to you, why not rethink your choice of accomodation?

If Oceania had been upfront about the number of reservations one could have from day one when I booked this I most certainly would have booked an Oceania suite. I just assumed that a PH would get me the same thing on Marina as on the R ships. By the time i found out the top suites were all booked.

If Oceania had been upfront about the number of reservations one could have from day one when I booked this I most certainly would have booked an Oceania suite. I just assumed that a PH would get me the same thing on Marina as on the R ships. By the time i found out the top suites were all booked.

If our sailing was any indication, you might do well to ask your agent to watch out for an Oceania Suite opening along about final payment time.

They look absolutely gorgeous

m-room-lg-oc.jpg

We'll let you know, next week :rolleyes:

Ditto that for us, wripro. We booked with the 8-reservation assumption. Don't think we should have to upgrade to an Oceania suite just to get what we were promised in reservations. Maybe Stan and Jim want to share their extra reservations with us, since they "almost never use all of them..." ??? We also prefer the smaller settings, though I'm sure the GDR will be lovely.

Archived