New VIP program???

BigDfromTN

we at no time tried to pry them from their cold dead hands ! They offer them to us for "rewards" and saying, "y'all come back now, ya heah! " so we come back. Coearsing wont make it happen, but I'm not ALL that fond of carrots!..'specially when i have to wait so long, between the dangling of a new dish or feedings!

Hmm, this post was started yesterday, and all I've read is 5 pages of "gimme more!" C'mon people, wake up! Carnival will announce a program when they have changes to announce, and not a minute before. Five pages of "gimme more!" will not entice them to announce any program changes any earlier. As a matter of fact, I'd be inclined to hold back on any program announcements until people grow up and quit complaining about wanting more. Carnival doesn't "owe" anyone anything. They give discounts and benefits as they see fit. Take it or leave it. If you don't like their benefits program, go cruise somewhere else. That's the best message you could give, instead of whining about wanting more "bennies."

Oftentimes I post on threads such as these because I know that some people at Carnival also read them... this is just my way of GIVING THEM SUGGESTIONS. This is unsolicited and free feedback for them - they would be wise to soak a little in!

BTW - as of late, I HAVE started spreading my wings and tried other lines. Is that directly related to a perceived lack of perks from Carnival? Who's to say!!

Tom

There is no one way to structure this program without some people feeling that they are getting the short end

Tom

100% Correctly Said!

We have sailed Carnival exclusively in a effort to make 10 Cruises. Only 1 of those cruises has been a 3 day.. We felt the 3 day cruise was too short, and promised ourselves to never do it again.

We have a 4 Day coming up in about 2 weeks, on Carnival. We started to book a 4 day with nearly the same itinerary for about $60 less pp on a different cruise line. Not only for the cost savings, but for the experience and comparability. However, in a effort to to reach Carnival's Platinum status, we will sail the Sensation.

My wife and I would feel short changed, thrown under the bus, if Carnival changed the rules in the middle of the game which would make it harder for us to reach their Platinum status.

100% Correctly Said!

We have sailed Carnival exclusively in a effort to make 10 Cruises. Only 1 of those cruises has been a 3 day.. We felt the 3 day cruise was too short, and promised ourselves to never do it again.

We have a 4 Day coming up in about 2 weeks, on Carnival. We started to book a 4 day with nearly the same itinerary for about $60 less pp on a different cruise line. Not only for the cost savings, but for the experience and comparability. However, in a effort to to reach Carnival's Platinum status, we will sail the Sensation.

My wife and I would feel short changed, thrown under the bus, if Carnival changed the rules in the middle of the game which would make it harder for us to reach their Platinum status.

While I understand your comments and your perspective from where you stand, I would watch out on street corners for buses. There has been some inkling of what Carnival might do with the program. HAL recently just re-structured their loyalty program and switched to number of days as the base criteria. We will seen....hopefully soon.

'tis true!! :)

Had my own personal moratorium on future CCL bookings not already started, I'd have earlier booked next month's Carnival Destiny sailing so I could, again, spend some cruise vacation time with Linda and her family.

PLEASE come sail with us on the Destiny. I will hand make Celebrity or NCL logos and put them on all your stuff so you can pretend you are not on Carnival!!!! ;)

Oftentimes I post on threads such as these because I know that some people at Carnival also read them... this is just my way of GIVING THEM SUGGESTIONS. This is unsolicited and free feedback for them - they would be wise to soak a little in!

BTW - as of late, I HAVE started spreading my wings and tried other lines. Is that directly related to a perceived lack of perks from Carnival? Who's to say!!

Tom

Absolutely CORRECT....

if you don't ask, you won't ever get any improvement.

(you know the whole squeeky wheel theory)

One Milestone perk I would like to see added is that Milestone members get the free upgrades before anyone else....like the airlines do.

Hubby flies pays for a ticket in coach and yet he flies First Class on almost every flight because of his loyalty to Delta.

Some people would not take it...but we should have first right of refusal.....

Hmm, this post was started yesterday, and all I've read is 5 pages of "gimme more!" C'mon people, wake up! Carnival will announce a program when they have changes to announce, and not a minute before. Five pages of "gimme more!" will not entice them to announce any program changes any earlier. As a matter of fact, I'd be inclined to hold back on any program announcements until people grow up and quit complaining about wanting more. Carnival doesn't "owe" anyone anything. They give discounts and benefits as they see fit. Take it or leave it. If you don't like their benefits program, go cruise somewhere else. That's the best message you could give, instead of whining about wanting more "bennies."

First off, This is Page 3! (not 5)

Second of all, spoken like someone no where near the Platinum level.

Third, thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts just like others on here are doing.

Absolutely CORRECT....

if you don't ask, you won't ever get any improvement.

(you know the whole squeeky wheel theory)

One Milestone perk I would like to see added is that Milestone members get the free upgrades before anyone else....like the airlines do.

Hubby flies pays for a ticket in coach and yet he flies First Class on almost every flight because of his loyalty to Delta.

Some people would not take it...but we should have first right of refusal.....

Excellent Idea, Then let them trickle down...

First off, This is Page 3! (not 5)

Second of all, spoken like someone no where near the Platinum level.

Third, thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts just like others on here are doing.

I see us as on page 6 at this point. Do you, perchance, have signatures turned off? That may impact the # of pages.

Tom

I think a solo cruiser should get 2 credits. If you have to pay double then you should get double credit.

Yep: I have often sailed alone and paid extra. "double credit" now with "double price" would be great. ALL of Cunard sailing have been single and most of my Carnival cruises have been single.

I see us as on page 6 at this point. Do you, perchance, have signatures turned off? That may impact the # of pages.

Tom

Hey Tom,

I do not have signatures turned off. Im still showing page 3 here.... HMMM:confused::eek:

My apologies to the prior poster for comment #1...

from bottom of page: Page 3 of 3

Hey Tom,

I do not have signatures turned off. Im still showing page 3 here.... HMMM:confused::eek:

My apologies to the prior poster for comment #1...

from bottom of page: Page 3 of 3

I seem to recall some setting, not sure if it's on these boards or not, whereby you can set how many posts appear per page...

Tom

Yep - it's under THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page:

I have not modified mine, so it is set at "forum default" - you can select from several break points.

Tom

I've read all 6 pages (on my puter) and see some great ideas such as single cruisers who pay double getting extra credit, more perks for milestone cruisers, parents getting credit for children's cabins, getting rid of the pic frames (pls no more thermos bottles - bring back the concierge bags) etc.

However, the powers that be...are the powers that be, and will make the final decisions here...and we will just have to keep on keeping on or find another sail won't we? ;););) Personally I am going to keep going until I at least reach milestone and I have 17 and 18, or is it 18 and 19 - I lose count....booked for December. :D:D

It is called day dreaming, aloud! :D

We recently had a problem and forwarded a note to Carnival, this is just the end of the response we got back but found this interesting. No additional information other than confirming they are working on something and they think the Platinum members will like it: Names have been removed to protect the innocent :)

You will be pleased to know, that we are currently in the process of revamping our loyalty program. Our goal is to develop a benefits program that recognizes our most loyal past guests. While we are not quite ready to announce the details, I am confident you’ll be very pleased with the recognition benefits of our new program.

Mr. ------- it is our hope that you will accept our sincere apology and allow us an opportunity to provide you and your wife another fun and memorable cruise vacation. We’d love to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely,

------- -----------

Special Advisor, Office of the President

100% Correctly Said!

I agree with you and Tom - someone gets shortchanged no matter what they do. And you can make the case that any system short of actual $$ spent both booking and onboard is unfair. Even the sea day system doesn't always work out since those who have sailed the 2 day cruises to nowhere often spent more on those than they would pay for a five or seven day.

I'm just hoping we don't get caught up in the change if the rumors here are true that it will change year end. I guess it would also depend on how many days at sea are deemed platinum if that turns out to be the new criteria. We leave for cruise #9 on Monday and have our platinum (as it stands now) cruise in January on the Valor. If they were to say 70 days (10x7) we'd be suddenly further out than we are now for a cruise already booked, paid for, and leaving in two months expecting platinum status. After next week, we'll have completed 9 cruises but total sea days at 51 (4 seven days, 1 eight day, 1 six day, 1 five day, 2 two day.) I'd be pretty upset if they changed the game on me this close in.

And I do agree - you Milestone cruisers need MUCH better perks.

17 Carnival cruises, 88 days total. But... I have paid for 3 of us and on some 4... Sometimes, 1 sometimes, 2 cabins.. So where do you decide to draw the line.. Probably $60,000 to $70,000 atleast not including any airfare or onboard expenses.

2- 8 day

5- 7 day

2- 5 day

3- 4 day

5- 3 day

I know some people don't think folks with 10 3 days cruises have earned Platinum status. I don't understand that.

Are these folks assuming that someone pays more for a 7 day cruise than a 3 day cruise?

Because this is not the case. If someone books a suite on a 3 day cruise, they are going to pay more than someone who books an interior on a 7 day.

I can guarantee that someone on a 3 day cruise will spend more money onboard that I will on a 7 day cruise. We don't gamble, spa, buy jewelry, or drink that much......

Credit cards give you loyalty points based on the amount of money you spend. That is the only truly fair way to "get it right".

Airlines give you "miles" based on how many legs you fly...they don't care if you bought a First Class ticket or Coach. They don't care if you got a deal or not. The amount of money does not affect the mileage.

Adding the fact that Carnival has 20 years of no records....they can not tell what cruise you went on back then...much less how many days it was.....

I do agree that now that the singles are having to pay 200%...they should get double benefits.

Archived