New VIP program???

BigDfromTN

Good point Tom!

After all, How many "Milestoners" cruise by themselves? I imagine you are like us and many others and normally cruise with others and even encourage new cruisers to join you on occasion. What better form of advertising!!! I ask my customers to suggest us to their friends, To me that is the BEST advertising and its not for sale at any price.

Our family of four were Platinum before they even started the program....

since our oldest son was in college these past few years, he only has 20 cruises....but hubby, myself and our youngest son will be past 40 cruises each shortly (hubby at 50+) ....which is over 150 cruises.....

Our family of four were Platinum before they even started the program....

since our oldest son was in college these past few years, he only has 20 cruises....but hubby, myself and our youngest son will be past 40 cruises each shortly (hubby at 50+) ....which is over 150 cruises.....

And out of curiousity.....

Do you often "take along" new cruisers? And/Or sail with other friends?

Trying to bolster my point that would support additional perks for Milestoners, Not that Im that close yet!!!

Do you often "take along" new cruisers? And/Or sail with other friends?

Trying to bolster my point that would support additional perks for Milestoners, Not that Im that close yet!!!

What about a group of people that sail together regularly??? I just turned Platinum and a couple in our group are soon to be.. but it would be a nice benefit for us Platinum cruisers as well ;)

Good point Tom!

After all, How many "Milestoners" cruise by themselves? I imagine you are like us and many others and normally cruise with others and even encourage new cruisers to join you on occasion. What better form of advertising!!! I ask my customers to suggest us to their friends, To me that is the BEST advertising and its not for sale at any price.

We try to corrupt as many as we can!! We have had a few cruises where we talked others into sailing with us - people who had never before cruised.

Tom

Do you often "take along" new cruisers? And/Or sail with other friends? Trying to bolster my point that would support additional perks for Milestoners, Not that Im that close yet!!!

All the time...in fact, this past year alone...there were 3 cruises that we went on that other people (who we have sailed with before) booked just because we were going to be onboard.

What about a group of people that sail together regularly??? I just turned Platinum and a couple in our group are soon to be.. but it would be a nice benefit for us Platinum cruisers as well ;)

We cruise with another couple that are Platinum already. We will be soon (hopefully). So in a similar situation as you, just reversed.

We try to corrupt as many as we can!! We have had a few cruises where we talked others into sailing with us - people who had never before cruised.

Tom

I like the way your thinking!!

Just as I was going to make Platinum, the program might change! Just my luck!:p I do think that the number of cruise days should be somehow added into the equation. Looking at it in a purely selfish way, all of my cruises were 7/8/9 days long, and the other 2 were 6 days. Wish I could hop on 3/4 day cruises, but not economically feasible from NY. And it also makes sense that milestone cruisers get a nice discount - like 25%. And it ALSO makes sense that someone who books a balcony or suite gets more "credit" than someone who books inside cabins. But no matter what CCL decides on, there will be unhappy people- that you can count on.

Just as I was going to make Platinum, the program might change! Just my luck!:p I do think that the number of cruise days should be somehow added into the equation. Looking at it in a purely selfish way, all of my cruises were 7/8/9 days long, and the other 2 were 6 days. Wish I could hop on 3/4 day cruises, but not economically feasible from NY. And it also makes sense that milestone cruisers get a nice discount - like 25%. And it ALSO makes sense that someone who books a balcony or suite gets more "credit" than someone who books inside cabins. But no matter what CCL decides on, there will be unhappy people- that you can count on.

How bout they add the cost of airfare into the equation LOL.. that would help:D:p

Good point Tom!

and mostly go alone..give axcess frames away also, the thermos'. do dabble in other lines a well

I saw a reference to it here and in the Carnival.com forum. I emailed my PVP and was told it may roll out at year end. That it will possibly be a tiered program and based on days sailed not number of cruises. All Rumor at this point I say. Just wondered if anyone else had any other news.

Thanks Mach for any info you can come up with!!;)

That would be a wonderful change, if true. We would be all for # days sailed.....to rehash old news, it just doesn't seem fair to credit 10 cruises of 3,4, or 5 days the same way as the pax who sail 7,8 or more days per cruise. Number of sea days is definitely the way to go Carnival!!

How bout they add the cost of airfare into the equation LOL.. that would help:D:p

Yes, it would be. But then you would get the people who live in Florida complaining that we (anyone who flies in) are getting more perks than they are!:p:D

All the time...in fact, this past year alone...there were 3 cruises that we went on that other people (who we have sailed with before) booked just because we were going to be onboard.

'tis true!! :)

Had my own personal moratorium on future CCL bookings not already started, I'd have earlier booked next month's Carnival Destiny sailing so I could, again, spend some cruise vacation time with Linda and her family.

Back on my first Carnival cruise that is what was included - airfare. They gave you a bunch of choices of airports to fly out of and I left from Ottawa Int'l as it was on the list :D

Last May; DH and I got married on the 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Legend. Because of the Wedding we ended up taking along some family and friends. To make a long story short we paid for a balcony for my daughters, my son and his girlfriend, my MIL, and my two nieces, not to mention the Vista Suite we paid for ourselves. Seeing how we paid for four extra cabins would it not seem right that either me or my DH get the extra four cruise credits? Perhaps something for Jim Berra to consider as well.:)

So are you the only ones getting credit? Daughters, son/gf, MIL, nieces not getting credit, or do you want to double dip?

Back on my first Carnival cruise that is what was included - airfare. They gave you a bunch of choices of airports to fly out of and I left from Ottawa Int'l as it was on the list :D

Ottawa to Charleston?

Weatherwise you have made a great move - foodwise too!

Love reading the comments of the real cruising pros on this thread.( A family of 4 with over 200 cruises. OMG!)

So are you the only ones getting credit? Daughters, son/gf, MIL, nieces not getting credit, or do you want to double dip?

No, don't want to double dip, just want the credit myself. When my kids start paying the freight they can get their own credit. Besides, for anyone who wants to have their kids/family to get the credit Carnival could give the option of assigning that credit from the payer to the passenger. Either way Carnival satisfies the customer and loses nothing.

I think a solo cruiser should get 2 credits. If you have to pay double then you should get double credit.

have you noticed....when you miss a port, and get a refund, it is for only one person?..dam-----it I paid for 2 peeps !

Hmm, this post was started yesterday, and all I've read is 5 pages of "gimme more!" C'mon people, wake up! Carnival will announce a program when they have changes to announce, and not a minute before. Five pages of "gimme more!" will not entice them to announce any program changes any earlier. As a matter of fact, I'd be inclined to hold back on any program announcements until people grow up and quit complaining about wanting more. Carnival doesn't "owe" anyone anything. They give discounts and benefits as they see fit. Take it or leave it. If you don't like their benefits program, go cruise somewhere else. That's the best message you could give, instead of whining about wanting more "bennies."

Hmm, this post was started yesterday, and all I've read is 5 pages of "gimme more!" C'mon people, wake up! Carnival will announce a program when they have changes to announce, and not a minute before. Five pages of "gimme more!" will not entice them to announce any program changes any earlier. As a matter of fact, I'd be inclined to hold back on any program announcements until people grow up and quit complaining about wanting more. Carnival doesn't "owe" anyone anything. They give discounts and benefits as they see fit. Take it or leave it. If you don't like their benefits program, go cruise somewhere else. That's the best message you could give, instead of whining about wanting more "bennies."

Although you make some good points it seems to me that you are missing something. Namely that the VIP perks that Carnival gives

costs them next to nothing. If you go through the perks you realize that most are at no cost or very minimal cost to CCL.

Thats not to say that they have no value to VIPers ,just that these "freebies" are provided at very little expense.

Therefore I am betting Carnival is not going to be trying too hard to limit their VIP programs. Why should they?

Archived