RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

NO. The luggage tags are all different colors according to deck & location.

Another tiny hint... Theatre & lounges in the front, Food in the back.

As for carpetting... All the floors will have the same carpet layout. Not 100% sure if the blue & pink is the aft or the forward elevator bank. I also cannot fathom how on earth I figured that out, other than sheer observation because I loathe that green carpet. (Weird... Anything seafoam or minty green reminds me of a hospital.) Once I once saw that I had navy carpet by stateroom I got happy (NO GREEN!) & I paid attention. Saw that it's like that on every floor & from my experiences. (unsure of Oasis class.) I am sure it is also a safety thing for the staff & emergencies.

If I am correct, this is the way it should be. I may be wrong, but you get the gist. If anyone is sailing soon & can confirm this for me, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Thanks!

CARPET.jpghttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/<a href=http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/packmybags/media/WEB%20STUFF/CC%20Fun/CARPET.jpg.html target=_blank>CARPET.jpg

Edited by Pack My Bags

NO. The luggage tags are all different colors according to deck & location.

Another tiny hint... Theatre & lounges in the front, Food in the back.

As for carpetting... All the floors will have the same carpet layout. Not 100% sure if the blue & pink is the aft or the forward elevator bank. I also cannot fathom how on earth I figured that out, other than sheer observation because I loathe that green carpet. (Weird... Anything seafoam or minty green reminds me of a hospital.) Once I once saw that I had navy carpet by stateroom I got happy (NO GREEN!) & I paid attention. Saw that it's like that on every floor & from my experiences. (unsure of Oasis class.) I am sure it is also a safety thing for the staff & emergencies.

If I am correct, this is the way it should be. I may be wrong, but you get the gist. If anyone is sailing soon & can confirm this for me, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Thanks!

CARPET.jpghttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/<a href=http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/packmybags/media/WEB%20STUFF/CC%20Fun/CARPET.jpg.html target=_blank>CARPET.jpg

We usually look at room numbers. We go to the side of the ship indicated by the first two numbers in the ship. Since all the rooms look alike, I've started adding fridge magnets to our door to make it easier to find.

Now that they've removed our pad and pen, we print out a list of preferences for the room steward and stick it on our door on embarkation day.

We are from DC, so I think I'll try to find a large number of magnets that depict this area and put them on the door. Since I've read that sometimes the magnets go missing, I'll just consider them my gift to a fellow traveller who will go home with a souvenir from Washington DC. :)

We usually stock up on Canada magnets before we leave.

We know they will go missing.

One cruise we organized a magnet exchange. We ended up with some really cool ones from around the world.

Two quick things:

If you need medicines that you forgot to bring on board, go to the medical waiting room (deck 1 usually) and you can get them for $0.25. For example, I forgot benedryl and paid $14.99 for 12 of them and could have gotten 2 of them for $0.25. They have all types of over the counter in the dispensing machine, just remember to bring some quarters.

Second, find or make a magnet for your door. Put it on your door so it helps distinquish from the 200 other doors that look similar after maybe a few extra drinks!!!!

Edited by oracer

Two quick things:

If you need medicines that you forgot to bring on board, go to the medical waiting room (deck 1 usually) and you can get them for $0.25. For example, I forgot benedryl and paid $14.99 for 12 of them and could have gotten 2 of them for $0.25. They have all types of over the counter in the dispensing machine, just remember to bring some quarters.

This is a great tip!

What items are available in the vending machine?

Besides Benedryl....Advil, Meclizine...?

Cruiselines make money?

99% of people bring their decorations from home.

A lot have custom magnets, signs...etc that they use from Cruise to cruise.

I bring a whole bag of decorations from Party city... tropical stuff and a blow up palm tree.

You will never find your stateroom number on any sea pass card on any line that you sail for security reasons.

The stateroom number is on there, it is slightly disguised in that they omit the deck number.

For example, cabin 8660 on deck 8, will have the numbers 660 somewhere on the card face.

The stateroom number is on there, it is slightly disguised in that they omit the deck number.

For example, cabin 8660 on deck 8, will have the numbers 660 somewhere on the card face.

Correcto. 10 points

For the Oasis class ships, you can always tell what quadrant you're in based on the coloring of the artwork in the stairwells. They are color coded for red, yellow, green, or blue for your respective neighborhood. Every sign on the ship also has a curved side. The curve points to the front of the ship. Every cabin number on your door has 2 hidden identifications. One, the coloring of the ring is your quadrant (pink, blue, yellow, or green). Second, there's a little notch that creates an arrow... this arrow will also point you to the front of the ship.

Also, the entrance to the Sun Deck (the viewing area above the bridge that extends on the wings) is at the end of the Port side cabin hallway on Deck 14.

Edited by Beardface

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracer viewpost.gif

Two quick things:

This is a great tip!

What items are available in the vending machine?

Besides Benedryl....Advil, Meclizine...?

Yes, all of the over the counter headache, allergy, women - men stuff, bandaids (another thing I paid for at the promenade).

Edited by oracer

Two quick things:

Second, find or make a magnet for your door. Put it on your door so it helps distinquish from the 200 other doors that look similar after maybe a few extra drinks!!!!

Good to know, but... 2 for $.25 or 12 for $14.99?!?! I'm thinking I'll be buying mine 2 at a time! :D

For the Oasis class ships, you can always tell what quadrant you're in based on the coloring of the artwork in the stairwells. They are color coded for red, yellow, green, or blue for your respective neighborhood. Every sign on the ship also has a curved side. The curve points to the front of the ship. Every cabin number on your door has 2 hidden identifications. One, the coloring of the ring is your quadrant (pink, blue, yellow, or green). Second, there's a little notch that creates an arrow... this arrow will also point you to the front of the ship.

Also, the entrance to the Sun Deck (the viewing area above the bridge that extends on the wings) is at the end of the Port side cabin hallway on Deck 14.

Great stuff thanks! Need to visit the Oasis class!

Great information.

Thanks A LOT !!!!!!

:-)

Do not miss.......

1. An opportunity for a free makeover & free samples. Go to the makeup seminar on deck 5 (if offered)

2. Love & marriage show.

9. Nightly showtime, he said-she said, Battle of the Sexes , late night adult comedy & slot tournaments!

And dont miss.....

THE QUEST!!!!!

Could it be Love & Marriage?

That's what I was thinking but she lists that as #2. :confused: