Complimentary wine in steakhouse?

nascar20fan

We sailed last month and it was offered on the Legend for dining at The Golden Fleece on the first night only. (embarkation day) They allowed you to choose from a few different bottles, red, white and a champagne I believe. We dined the 2nd night so we did not get this offer but WOW what a good deal it would have been. We do not normally drink an entire bottle of wine with dinner so I ordered one glass of Pino and it was $11. We were told that they are doing this because reservations on the first evening are low. If this is ever offered again we will surely take advantage of it.

We sailed last month and it was offered on the Legend for dining at The Golden Fleece on the first night only. (embarkation day) They allowed you to choose from a few different bottles, red, white and a champagne I believe. We dined the 2nd night so we did not get this offer but WOW what a good deal it would have been. We do not normally drink an entire bottle of wine with dinner so I ordered one glass of Pino and it was $11. We were told that they are doing this because reservations on the first evening are low. If this is ever offered again we will surely take advantage of it.

Thank you for your response. We are going on B2B in January and I was thinking of doing the steakhouse on the first night of our second leg since we will be sending the other 12 family members home that day.

Btw, we are from Brazil, IN. :)

We took advantage of that promotion while sailing the Legend 11/14. We had two cabins so recieved 2 bottles. During dinner they asked us if we wanted to open the second bottle or take it with us. We opted to open it there. Dinner took us over 2 1/2 hours so we had plenty of time to finish it!! It was a great value and I would take advantage of it again if offered.

I read a while back where Carnival was giving a free bottle of wine on the first night at the steakhouse. I have searched for hours and can't find the latest info. Can anyone confirm please?

Thank you!

Only on the first night of the sailing

Only on the first night of the sailing

Yes and that will work perfectly for us since we have B2B coming up and I think we will do it on the first night of the second leg. I'm just curious what wines did they offer as the special deal?

What happens if you want to take advantage of this offer but have a reservation for another night?

Any problems ( charges) for cancelling a reservation?

No charges for cancelling a reservation as long as it is 24 hours out. Did you make a reservation on-line? If so, you can change it on-line.

I made an on-line reservation. Where do I check to see the date/time of my reservation? I forgot when I made it for. Ooops :o

It's not a part of your cruise documents. Did you receive a confirmation email of your reservation? The Steak House is not required to confirm a reservation request, but a number of them do.

Otherwise, don't worry about it and just change it when you board the ship.

Up until just before we boarded the Dream (11/20/10) I had requested the first evening. I was told that it was tentative, because if they did not make enough bookings ours would be cancelled. Apparently that all changed, as I was told that now it's a fleet wide directive to be open the first night. It was not busy in there at all - a couple large tables were occupied by staff (dancers and others). A free bottle of wine is incentive enough for some, I am sure, to take the plunge that first evening.

The other 3 nights we dined there the place was very busy - to the point that they should have a second sommelier. But we all know what's happening to staff positions of late.

Tom

We were on the 11/20/10 sailing of the Liberty and the wine given free in the steakhouse was for the first night only. It was one bottle of the "house" wine, which was from Chile, Santa Carolina. You could either have the merlot or the chardonnay. We had the merlot, which was good.

It's not a part of your cruise documents. Did you receive a confirmation email of your reservation? The Steak House is not required to confirm a reservation request, but a number of them do.

Otherwise, don't worry about it and just change it when you board the ship.

Thank you. I actually had a reservation for tonight on the Splendor, which of course isn't going to happen. I remember making a new one for our next Splendor cruise but I never did receive an email confirmation. I think it's the first night (my friends like wine) but I don't remember the time. I'm the one who made the reservations. I guess it won't hurt if I make a new one.

The big problem with all this is that the food in the mdr on night 1 is usally pretty darn good, they usually serve those giant fried skewer shrimp thingies which are pretty yummy.

Then again, if you are not into shellfish...

The big problem with all this is that the food in the mdr on night 1 is usally pretty darn good, they usually serve those giant fried skewer shrimp thingies which are pretty yummy.

Then again, if you are not into shellfish...

I have always been very disappointed in the first night in the MDR. It seems things are rushed and disorganized. Plus, I like a more formal atmosphere and first night in the MDR is kindof "come as you are" About 4 cruises ago, the head waiter of the specialty restaurant on the Azamara Journey suggested we try it the first night. It was wonderful. We have done it a couple of times since. We may do it in April on the Dream.

Archived