Crown & Anchor Society level changes

We have been on 20 RCI cruises. No matter what changes occurr to the Crown & Anchor levels, they still beat the other cruise lines.

Cruising is still the best vacation value out there.

Where else can you unpack only once, see several destinations,

have someone make your bed daily, throw towels on the floor and have someone pick them up!

enjoy unlimited meals, and have a wide variety of activities day and night!

We will be on the Radiance of the Seas 1/17/10 (our fifth time this season). Have also booked Azamara's Journey 2/27/11

My wife has a service dog, "Scooter" he was the first dog on the Oais of the Seas!

We have been on 20 RCI cruises. No matter what changes occurr to the Crown & Anchor levels, they still beat the other cruise lines.

have someone make your bed daily, throw towels on the floor and have someone pick them up!

We will be on the Radiance of the Seas 1/17/10 (our fifth time this season). Have also booked Azamara's Journey 2/27/11

My wife has a service dog, "Scooter" he was the first dog on the Oais of the Seas!

Agree that RCI is great.

We too agree that whatever, if any, changes are made we will continue to enjoy our RCCI cruises. However, they have to provide good service, which is sometimes missing.

But, as we have never cruised with anyone esle we can't say they are "the best", just the best we have cruised with, most of the time.

How does reciprocity work from Celebrity to RCCL? I am classic on celebrity and will be sailing RCCL for the first time next month. Am I eligible for the benefits at the lowest tier on RCCL?

You need to reach a certain level before there is reciprocity. For Celebrity Captain's Club, you need to reach Select Level. If you have that level, you can call Captain's Club and ask them to provide you with a membership number for Crown and Anchor Society. You will then be recognized at the Plantinum Level for Crown and Anchor and get the benefits that come with that level.

(It also works vice versa, in that if you have Platinum with Crown and Anchor, you get Select with Captain's Club.)

I cruise RCI for family fun....I cruise other lines for destinations, food and ambiance, I feel several other cruise lines beat RCI. But, how did they bring me back after an absence of 10 years perks.

On NCL, Disney, Carnival, etc, etc, etc, ;)

Amen! The OP describes benefits of cruising, not cruising with RC.

RC has a good product .. don't get me wrong. But I can say without a doubt that the Crown and Anchor benefits are nearly 100% the reason we continue to sail with RC. If they change negatively (and there has been nothing discussed recently to indicate that the change will be anything but positive), then we would definitely try other lines and/or the similar vacation of an all-inclusive resort.

Again, though .. I'm thinking positive and look forward to the changes. If as rumored so far, I'm fine with it.

Crown & Anchor changes the levels, it will truly be interesting to see how many folks will post they they will never sail with RCI again...and then three months later see a new RCI cruise in their signature.

Many moons ago, airlines thought the "magic bullet" to filling planes was something called a frequent flyer program. Then, out of the blue, came the "Law of Unintended Consequences"

And the changes began.

The same will occur with the cruise line programs, they will morph and change to adjust to the market....Not to keep old members, but to continually attract new members and profitable customers.

I was surprised to see that - IF everything changes as originally reported, and at this time it is just a rumor - I will move forward in my status. What would have taken me another two cruises, I will now get with my next cruise.

Can't argue with that, but I am not counting on anything until I see it in writing.

I don't think the changes that seem to be coming will effect me very much. I would still like to sail on RCL but with their departure from most of the west coast they have make it difficulte for me. We can only tolerate those cross-country flights every couple years. We plan to cruise 3 time a year so we are now booking on other lines.

I just replied on another thread too that I will wait and see the official announcement and then decide what I will do as far as future RCI cruises go. I have a few future cruise credits and some things planned but if they take away too much I will just go on whatever line looks good to me at the time. After just going on the Epic and NCL Jewel I was quite pleased so I'm not married to RCI.

You need to reach a certain level before there is reciprocity. For Celebrity Captain's Club, you need to reach Select Level. If you have that level, you can call Captain's Club and ask them to provide you with a membership number for Crown and Anchor Society. You will then be recognized at the Plantinum Level for Crown and Anchor and get the benefits that come with that level.

(It also works vice versa, in that if you have Platinum with Crown and Anchor, you get Select with Captain's Club.)

While on Explorer last month, I asked the Crown & Anchor rep about this. She told me that reciprocity is there from your first cruise with the other line. According to her,you should call RCI and get a Crown and Anchor number and then have that number entered on your reservation and you will be at the equal level on your first cruise. I hope she gave me the correct info, but that is what she said.

Most of the respondents to this issue have been from higher level C&A members, who probably have more of a stake in it than I do. As a relative newcomer, we are still gold, with one Celebrity cruise , 3 Royal, and a 4th RC cruise next month (can hardly wait). We love RC, but if they make it harder to advance, it will encourage us to explore other lines. IE, we are thinking of the Princess cruise that goes partway through the Panama Canal, then back to the home port (We have neither time nor money to be flying all around) . I totally get that they have to make money, and can't give away so many perks, but why stay Loyal to Royal if it that much harder to climb the ladder?

Does anyone know why the CAS Changes forum was locked?

It got to the point where some posts were deleted by CC because they violated the guide lines/rules of CC. Possibly some were posting under different names. It was getting a bit heated. And who knows what else CC knows and we don't. They probably did the right thing. This current thread should be sufficient.

Happy New Year!

R&D

For us the perks of the C&A are nice but not a deciding factor in choosing a cruise. We don't want a repeat experience so tend to mix up our cruises between several lines. All of the lines we cruise have perks for repeat passengers and we enjoy our small extras on several lines. Perks are just something extra and not a break or make it deal.

I would like to know where you have seen there are going to be changes to the C & A program. The only place I see anything about changes is here. I did a search on google and the RCCL web site and can not find anything.

Thanks,

Kevin

Do a search on say, January 13 or later and I am guessing, an educated guess, that you just might find something.

Happy New Year!

Archived