Crown & Anchor Society level changes

While on Explorer last month, I asked the Crown & Anchor rep about this. She told me that reciprocity is there from your first cruise with the other line. According to her,you should call RCI and get a Crown and Anchor number and then have that number entered on your reservation and you will be at the equal level on your first cruise. I hope she gave me the correct info, but that is what she said.

Hi there Katie H - it is not until you have become Platinum with RCI or Select with Celebrity that it is then reciprocal.

This thread makes no sense to me! Would anybody enlighten me what "The Changes" will most likely look like? What level discussion is going on here w/o specifying them? Was it already discussed in the closed thread???????

I would like to know where you have seen there are going to be changes to the C & A program. The only place I see anything about changes is here. I did a search on google and the RCCL web site and can not find anything.

You can find threads that discuss possible changes if you just put 'cas' in the search bar at the upper right of the RC forum page (search the forum, not the thread).

This thread makes no sense to me! Would anybody enlighten me what "The Changes" will most likely look like? What level discussion is going on here w/o specifying them? Was it already discussed in the closed thread???????

Take a look at these threads, probably more than you would ever want to know..... it's locked but you'll get the background.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1328166&highlight=cas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1325669&highlight=cas

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. If that will be implemented, unfortunately we are screwed again: last year when we missed Platinum to Diamond ( we than rushed 2010 into a booking spree with I believe 43 sea-days (running through and passing Diamond level) in order to reach D+ in May 2011. So again bye bye to the next level although it was almost in reach......miss it by ONE 14 day cruise which is already booked....:confused:

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. If that will be implemented, unfortunately we are screwed again: last year when we missed Platinum to Diamond ( we than rushed 2010 into a booking spree with I believe 43 sea-days (running through and passing Diamond level) in order to reach D+ in May 2011. So again bye bye to the next level although it was almost in reach......miss it by ONE 14 day cruise which is already booked....:confused:

I'm pretty sure RCL will make some exceptions for cruises already booked.

I think they are just trying to slow the progression to D+

Think about the problems with a customer that would have a cruise booked and in the final 70 days. If they changed the rules I feel they might have to refund deposits in full. Which they don't want to do.

I'm pretty sure RCL will make some exceptions for cruises already booked.

I think they are just trying to slow the progression to D+

Think about the problems with a customer that would have a cruise booked and in the final 70 days. If they changed the rules I feel they might have to refund deposits in full. Which they don't want to do.

In good faith, I would hope they would give fair notice about the changes. In reality they are under no obligation to do so. Here is exactly what the first line of their C&A program terms state:

General Terms & Conditions

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. "

I have done the underlining for emphasis.

Gina

And I am sure the folks at RCI specifically had you in mind when they made (if in fact they did) the decision to introduce these changes. :rolleyes: Might I suggest that you save yourself days of grief and wait until an official announcement is made and if it is made as reported, not to take it personally. Life isn't fair and stuff happens. Change the things that you can, accept those that you can't, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

In good faith, I would hope they would give fair notice about the changes. In reality they are under no obligation to do so. Here is exactly what the first line of their C&A program terms state:

General Terms & Conditions

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. "

I have done the underlining for emphasis.

Gina

You are technically correct but it is important to note that there is a big difference between what they "can" do and what they "will" do. The fuel supplement cost threshold is just one example of that difference. If establishing an implementation date that is different from the announcement date will reduce any negative reaction to the changes, even if only by a small amount, it is certainly to their advantage to do so. It also gives them a cushion of time to make certain that the entire company is aware of, and has taken steps to implement, the changes. Last year, when they made some positive changes to the Crown and Anchor coupon books and the books were not yet available fleet-wide when the changes went into effect, they had the good sense to see that copies of the new coupons were provided to the effected passengers on those ships. I would expect them to act in a similar fashion in this instance, and I find it difficult to believe that if they are going to go to a new system of calculating cruise credits, it will be fully implemented on the day the announcement is made. Oh well, only 10 more days to go to see who is right or who comes closest to correctly predicting whatever changes are in store.:)

You are technically correct but it is important to note that there is a big difference between what they "can" do and what they "will" do. The fuel supplement cost threshold is just one example of that difference. If establishing an implementation date that is different from the announcement date will reduce any negative reaction to the changes, even if only by a small amount, it is certainly to their advantage to do so. It also gives them a cushion of time to make certain that the entire company is aware of, and has taken steps to implement, the changes. Last year, when they made some positive changes to the Crown and Anchor coupon books and the books were not yet available fleet-wide when the changes went into effect, they had the good sense to see that copies of the new coupons were provided to the effected passengers on those ships. I would expect them to act in a similar fashion in this instance, and I find it difficult to believe that if they are going to go to a new system of calculating cruise credits, it will be fully implemented on the day the announcement is made. Oh well, only 10 more days to go to see who is right or who comes closest to correctly predicting whatever changes are in store.:)
And it can't come quick enough for most of us!!

And it can't come quick enough for most of us!!

Hey, if the 12th comes and goes without an announcement, someone will almost immediately post a new date and even if an announcement is made on the 12th, someone will post a new rumor about future changes. We don't call this "Rumor Central" for nothing.:D

I don't blame you for being disappointed.:( But RCI has the right to change their packages at any time and the economics probably are dictating their decisions. I do understand it has to be difficult for those who have done their calculations and have booked in order to get to the next level.

What if all the nay sayers, people who state they know exactly what the changes are. Those who state they know for a fact or are getting information from a trusted source.....Blah BLah BLah....What if these people put $$$ in a escrow account. They should pay $$$ for getting everyone so excited. And if it turns out they were correct they get to split the $$$ with each other and with interest. If Wrong or misleading they lose the money and pay all of us who are getting worried and make written apologies to all of us?

For us the perks of the C&A are nice but not a deciding factor in choosing a cruise. We don't want a repeat experience so tend to mix up our cruises between several lines. All of the lines we cruise have perks for repeat passengers and we enjoy our small extras on several lines. Perks are just something extra and not a break or make it deal.

I feel that way too, which is why we will never make a high level.. but if I were able to get free drinks everynight on one cruise, and pay for them on another, I might go that way.. maybe.

What if all the nay sayers, people who state they know exactly what the changes are. Those who state they know for a fact or are getting information from a trusted source.....Blah BLah BLah....What if these people put $$$ in a escrow account. They should pay $$$ for getting everyone so excited. And if it turns out they were correct they get to split the $$$ with each other and with interest. If Wrong or misleading they lose the money and pay all of us who are getting worried and make written apologies to all of us?

:p..you should be used to all the speculation that goes on around here.

Everyone has accurate "sources"..don'tcha know.;)

:p..you should be used to all the speculation that goes on around here.

Everyone has accurate "sources"..don'tcha know.;)

Yeah I know.....I would just like to hold some people responsible for getting everybody in a twist....RCI C&A members are a unique group of folk...We truly love the RCI Product....

Most of us are protective of it.......I Know one could say..Get a life...I have it.... its at sea 2 to 5 times a year!!!

RE:

Greetings from Germany

Christiane & Egbert

HI from true friends in Galveston!

Ya'll are wonderful to Cruise with!

"bye bye to the next level although it was almost in reach......miss it by ONE 14 day cruise which is already booked.."

WHAT A BUMMER!:eek: Hopefully you will be grandfathered????

See you soon to celebrate retirement!!!!!!!!:D

Happy New Year

Lee and Mary

Hi there Katie H - it is not until you have become Platinum with RCI or Select with Celebrity that it is then reciprocal.

I have read that on these boards before and I also have read here that you must complete one cruise before reciprocity kicks in. This is why I asked the C&A rep. I was very specific and told her what I had read on the boards and she told me that reciprocity is there from the first cruise on the other line. Perhaps she is misinformed. I will ask this same question of the Capt. Club Hostess on Mercury which we are boarding tomorrow.

From first-hand experience (well, I witnessed it first-hand), I can confirm that the reciprocity is immediate. On our Jewel TA in September, friends of ours were Diamond even though it was the first RCL ship they had ever sailed on. He even laughed about his profile on the RCL website. He was a Diamond with zero cruise credits.

It sounds like reliable information that it will happen on the 12th----------I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!! I wonder if they have already converted all of the C&A members cruises to number of days sailed?

I have read that on these boards before and I also have read here that you must complete one cruise before reciprocity kicks in. This is why I asked the C&A rep. I was very specific and told her what I had read on the boards and she told me that reciprocity is there from the first cruise on the other line. Perhaps she is misinformed. I will ask this same question of the Capt. Club Hostess on Mercury which we are boarding tomorrow.

My first Celebrity cruise was April, 2009. I was D on RCI. I was given Elite status on the Solstice. I did not need to complete a cruise with them first. Although, as mentioned, you do have to be Platinum or higher on RCI to be recognized on X.

I got my Celebrity Capt's Club number before my first ever X cruise. I had full benefit of being an Elite member that first time.

Gina

It sounds like reliable information that it will happen on the 12th----------I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!! I wonder if they have already converted all of the C&A members cruises to number of days sailed?

They may have done so internally, but I can tell you that as of one minute ago, they have not made any conversions to number of days sailed on my account.

I am assuming that they will not do so until the new policy is official, and then it may take a few days to run through the member list....or maybe it won't. I hope that by my January 30 cruise, the change will be effective because that will make the difference between gold (old status) and platinum (under new rules) if the changes are as suspected. And then, after the January 30 cruise, I will be very close to emerald.

The only thing I really care about is priority boarding, and I **think** I will have that anyway with my suite on this upcoming cruise.. Other than that, they're wasting their time "rewarding" me.

Archived