Crown & Anchor Society level changes

They may have done so internally, but I can tell you that as of one minute ago, they have not made any conversions to number of days sailed on my account.

I am assuming that they will not do so until the new policy is official, and then it may take a few days to run through the member list....or maybe it won't. I hope that by my January 30 cruise, the change will be effective because that will make the difference between gold (old status) and platinum (under new rules) if the changes are as suspected. And then, after the January 30 cruise, I will be very close to emerald.

The only thing I really care about is priority boarding, and I **think** I will have that anyway with my suite on this upcoming cruise.. Other than that, they're wasting their time "rewarding" me.

I just went to view my Platinum savings certificate and got this message

Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time

I was 1 cruise credit away from Diamond.....guess It'll be a while before I see that level :( But it's still OK....

Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time

I was 1 cruise credit away from Diamond.....guess It'll be a while before I see that level :( But it's still OK....

I just checked again and everything is back to normal. I'm still being shown as Platinum with 9 completed cruise credits, and the certificates still expire 12/31/10. I wonder what that was all about?

I have read that on these boards before and I also have read here that you must complete one cruise before reciprocity kicks in. This is why I asked the C&A rep. I was very specific and told her what I had read on the boards and she told me that reciprocity is there from the first cruise on the other line. Perhaps she is misinformed. I will ask this same question of the Capt. Club Hostess on Mercury which we are boarding tomorrow.

Hi there - yes, reciprocity would kick in from the first cruise if you were already Platinum with RCI or Select on Celebrity. But if you are a brand new cruiser to both lines, then you would have to build up to Platinum or select with one of the lines to then get the reciprocity with the other line.

We sailed twice with Celebrity, gaining 3 credits, but then they pulled out of Australia. So we switched to RCI thinking the credits would be transferrable. They were not, so we had to start from the bottom with RCI, who we now have 3 credits with as well. On our next cruise with RCI, we will become Platinum, and therefore be able to access the reciprocal benefits of Celebrity Select status.

Have a great cruise!!

My DH and I are diamond plus and will be on the Navigator, January 10-15. Do you think they will lock us out of the concierge lounge as of the 12th :confused:.

Hi Marge, congratulations on finally having your (long awaited) cruise on Navigator. :D:):D

It's all rumor and conjecture at this point, but the rumor is that we will all keep our same levels. Nothing in what has been rumored said anything about taking away CL access....and it wouldn't happen mid-cruise anyway. :rolleyes: :D

Well, there's only 10 more days to find out if there are going to be changes and what those changes are going to look like.

It seems the 'if" is off the table now and it's just a matter of "what." The sign is still up in the Baltimore terminal according to those boarding for the New Years cruise.

Do you think they would pay for all the new signage and ship it out if the decision were not final?

It seems the 'if" is off the table now and it's just a matter of "what." The sign is still up in the Baltimore terminal according to those boarding for the New Years cruise.

Do you think they would pay for all the new signage and ship it out if the decision were not final?

Your right, I forgot about the sign! LOL

Well, then there's 10 more days to find out what all the changes are going to mean regarding our benefits.

It's called the Sunday "downtime" at Royal Caribbean. Stats are normally not available for part of every Sunday, while Royal Caribbean updates their system.

As for the rest of this thread, I feel sorry for those that think that they are getting screwed, because of the rumors that are flying around faster than a satellite can stay stationary.........staying with the earths rotation!

Stay positive........Chile had a terrible earthquake today......were you hurt from that???

As of today, no one is taking away anthing from anyone, and no one is giving anything new to anyone........that is cruising with Royal Caribbean.

This thing about C&A changes is getting more coverage here than the "smuggle booze" threads!

I guess that I'm lucky, that I will be aboard a Royal Caribbean ship on January 12th, when all of this is supposed to happen.

If there is any sort of announcement, I'll spend the money to get on the internet, onboard, to report ANY changes.

Peace!

Rick

I was, but am not any more, amazed, that they would let the cat out of the bag like that with the new signage before the announcement.

Salting the rumors: yes, I have always been able to see that, and the more I think about it, though, the more I think the whole signage thing and the rumors thing is WELL thought-out and planned.

First of all, thelion self-identifies as being associated with RCCL in some unspecified financial capacity. As a financial professional myself, I know that I could lose my license if I were to pass on conjecture of any sort without the approval of the client. Ergo, I believe he has their approval and probably encouragement, to say everything he said. Let's face it: no person employed in a professional capacity would risk losing their livelihood passing on rumors. While he may not be correct in every detail, I believe thelion is well founded in what he says.

I think that RCCL wants to get the word out before the final edict is announced to see what the reaction is from the pax. And that, they have done well. I just wish they had been more specific as to the details :), but then that would have dampened a lot of the discussion!

Salting the rumors: yes, I have always been able to see that, and the more I think about it, though, the more I think the whole signage thing and the rumors thing is WELL thought-out and planned.

I think that RCCL wants to get the word out before the final edict is announced to see what the reaction is from the pax.

Being the cynic that I am, I had a suspicion that when they jerked the Diamond access to the CL, they planned all along to "compromise" later and let them have their own lounge with just wine, no appetizers, and a reduced price on other drinks. When it was pointed out that they could maybe throw in soft drinks for free, they did that, too, making them look even better Gave the impression that they had "bent to the wishes of their loyal customers" with a compromise.

Tucker in Texas

I was, but am not any more, amazed, that they would let the cat out of the bag like that with the new signage before the announcement.

First of all, thelion self-identifies as being associated with RCCL in some unspecified financial capacity. As a financial professional myself, I know that I could lose my license if I were to pass on conjecture of any sort without the approval of the client. Ergo, I believe he has their approval and probably encouragement, to say everything he said. Let's face it: no person employed in a professional capacity would risk losing their livelihood passing on rumors. While he may not be correct in every detail, I believe thelion is well founded in what he says.

I think that RCCL wants to get the word out before the final edict is announced to see what the reaction is from the pax. And that, they have done well. I just wish they had been more specific as to the details :), but then that would have dampened a lot of the discussion!

On the earlier thread, some folks posted that they thought "thelion" was RCI's version of Wikileaks.

SherriZ and Tucker....I agree, except I think the "Wikileaks" is with permission and encouragement :D

Interesting theories, but according to her posts "the lion" is female and doesn't work there anymore.....so some of what you're speculating is wrong from the get-go. :D:):D

While RCI may have been surprised at the ferocious reaction to the changes that they made to the program in 2009, does anyone really think that they would need to leak the changes that are allegedly going to be announced in a few days, in order to gauge passenger reaction.

Considering how many ship's officers and other crew members have spread rumors that turned out to be totally inaccurate, I doubt that fear of dismissal has been high in their consciousness.

"While RCI may have been surprised at the ferocious reaction to the changes that they made to the program in 2009, does anyone really think that they would need to leak the changes that are allegedly going to be announced in a few days, in order to gauge passenger reaction. "

Well, ummmmm, let's see. Passengers sign the paycheck, so they really should check to see what they think. Whether that is what RCCL actually did or not is open to question, but whether they should? Yeah, I think it's wise.

For now, let's totally dismiss thelion (sorry, thelioness's, apparently) comments. I suppose the photo is just photoshopped and "they" (whoever "they" is) paid someone to say they saw the sign in person just a few days ago. Or maybe they just love to confuse the passengers, so they paid however many hundreds of dollars to make up a completely fake sign.

Gonna stop right here. I have to go back to work today after a wonderful Xmas holiday and I am NOT in a happy mood. Sorry! :mad:

Well, ummmmm, let's see. Passengers sign the paycheck, so they really should check to see what they think. Whether that is what RCCL actually did or not is open to question, but whether they should? Yeah, I think it's wise.

For now, let's totally dismiss thelion (sorry, thelioness's, apparently) comments. I suppose the photo is just photoshopped and "they" (whoever "they" is) paid someone to say they saw the sign in person just a few days ago. Or maybe they just love to confuse the passengers, so they paid however many hundreds of dollars to make up a completely fake sign.

Gonna stop right here. I have to go back to work today after a wonderful Xmas holiday and I am NOT in a happy mood. Sorry! :mad:

My point was that they should know their passengers well enough to be able to accurately predict the reaction that such actions will create without having someone leak the bad news in advance. I suppose that if they were truly Machiavellian they could leak inaccurate information so that when the actual changes are announced, things wouldn't seem quite as bad as anticipated, but I don't give them that much credit.:)

My point was that they should know their passengers well enough to be able to accurately predict the reaction that such actions will create without having someone leak the bad news in advance. I suppose that if they were truly Machiavellian they could leak inaccurate information so that when the actual changes are announced, things wouldn't seem quite as bad as anticipated, but I don't give them that much credit.:)

:D Now there is an idea. So funny. This would be a much better tactic than how they handled it with the Ds last year - taking away the CL then giving back a D event on ALL ships. :)

I like this.

Gina

Well, all I can say as a mere gold member, the motivation is to explore other cruise lines, not try to climb a ladder getting steeper and longer. Love RC ships--if they get their product and service right, that should be enough to get return business.

Well, all I can say as a mere gold member, the motivation is to explore other cruise lines, not try to climb a ladder getting steeper and longer. Love RC ships--if they get their product and service right, that should be enough to get return business.

Can't help but agree with you. We're Diamond and just returned from our first cruise on RCI in almost two years. Were very unimpressed with the Diamond lounge -- cheap wine, cheap champagne, peanuts on the table (no nice appetizers like in the CL). Overall, we thought that Diamonds were treated like second-class citizens. We may cruise RCI again but it sure won't be for the loyalty program and have no real desire to try for Diamond Plus. We've found that Celebrity has a very nice loyalty program and will probably stick with them until RCI gets its act together.

Archived