Luggage Direct on Celebrity??

cruznut6

My wife and I sailed on HAL (Westerdam), the first week of December and they offer Luggage Direct for $19 per bag. This was in Fort Lauderdale. We'll be sailing the Eclipse next Dec. and wondered if Celebrity offers this at Miami? It was great not dragging bags around the airport ! Thanks for any help!

Sorry to sound dumb but I can't find that info on the Celebrity site. Exactly where would I find it? Thanks.

Check this thread with a pdf file attached, with information on the program: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1326559&highlight=luggage

And from the Celebrity website, just basic information: http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000TcVcj7NjhGM7VmWdolfJ1OU:12hdbcuh7?pagename=outstanding_service

Thanks. I thought possibly the term "luggage direct" referred to something other than luggage valet service. I used the luggage valet once before in San Juan and it was terrific. We'll be in San Juan again and quite a few posts have indicated they stopped the service in San Juan. Yet the Celebrity website shows it's still used in San Juan. Wonder who is right?

• 6 years later...
Thanks. I thought possibly the term "luggage direct" referred to something other than luggage valet service. I used the luggage valet once before in San Juan and it was terrific. We'll be in San Juan again and quite a few posts have indicated they stopped the service in San Juan. Yet the Celebrity website shows it's still used in San Juan. Wonder who is right?

Don't get too excited. The program is now run by a private company, Luggage Forward Inc. $250 for two 50lb bags. Used to be free.

They do also have a pickup service where they pickup your bags at your home. You next see them in your cabin.

I maybe old and infirm but for 250 bucks I'll tough it out.

Sorry to sound dumb but I can't find that info on the Celebrity site. Exactly where would I find it? Thanks.

Google Luggage Direct. It is not on X's website. By the way, the $250 figure I mentioned in my previous post is for up to FIVE DAYS for delivery. If you want your luggage in 2/3 days can cost almost $500

• 4 weeks later...

There are several things to note here

1. The original thread is six years old

2. Luggage Direct is a service which ships luggage to and from cruise ships, at around $250 a bag

3. luggage Valet is a service offered on Celebrity, where for $25 per person you get special luggage tags and your boarding pass, and your luggage goes to your home airport, generally on the same flight you are on.

4. luggage Valet was discontinued for a period of several months but it is now back from Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

5. It is NOT limited to suites and Zeniths. Anyone can sign up if your flight is on one of the participating airlines and at the right time. Zeniths, and perhaps some suites don't have to pay, but anyone can pay the $25 fee and sign up.

There are several things to note here

1. The original thread is six years old

2. Luggage Direct is a service which ships luggage to and from cruise ships, at around $250 a bag

3. luggage Valet is a service offered on Celebrity, where for $25 per person you get special luggage tags and your boarding pass, and your luggage goes to your home airport, generally on the same flight you are on.

4. luggage Valet was discontinued for a period of several months but it is now back from Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

5. It is NOT limited to suites and Zeniths. Anyone can sign up if your flight is on one of the participating airlines and at the right time. Zeniths, and perhaps some suites don't have to pay, but anyone can pay the $25 fee and sign up.

Excuse me, I just got off the Equinox two weeks ago. I asked about luggage valet and was told that service was for suites and Zenith passengers only. It was also printed in all the disembarkation documents put in the cabin two days before docking in FLL. Don't know where you got your information but the official policy of X is what I just stated...

cruisestitch - always great to hear your perspectives and thanks for setting the record straight.

I see the form but does not mean it was distributed to all passengers. Two weeks ago I spoke to the hotel director who said the corporate decision was made to limit access to luggage valet to suites and Zenith members. X was subsidizing part of the cost which was becoming exorbitant due the popularity of the program.

Don't get too excited. The program is now run by a private company, Luggage Forward Inc. $250 for two 50lb bags. Used to be free.

They do also have a pickup service where they pickup your bags at your home. You next see them in your cabin.

I maybe old and infirm but for 250 bucks I'll tough it out.

Luggage Forward is a different service entirely. Luggage Valet is available as far as I know in MIA, FLL, and Seattle. The service takes your bags from your room the last night of the cruise and delivers them to your airline (specific airlines and flight times are required and I think they must be direct flights). You see your bags at your home airport. You receive your boarding pass on board and go directly to the security checkpoint on your arrival at the airport. You leave the ship with only your carry on. The fee is $25 per person + any applicable airline baggage fees. Well worth the cost IMHO!

As of January 1, luggage valet is only available to suite guests and Zenith members.

Not true. Friends used it disembarking Eclipse Jan 22, 2017. They were Aqua, but it was available to anyone with applicable flight requirements. $25 @person

I see the form but does not mean it was distributed to all passengers. Two weeks ago I spoke to the hotel director who said the corporate decision was made to limit access to luggage valet to suites and Zenith members. X was subsidizing part of the cost which was becoming exorbitant due the popularity of the program.

First... let me say that I am only quoting your post since you decided to quote mine.

Anybody spending even a small bit of time on CruiseCritic reading posts from folks, either on or returning from their cruises, will quickly learn about how services are not consistently performed or communicated on a ship, on the phone, etc.

Sorry to see that you had inconsistent service or incorrect information given to you during your recent cruise. Unfortunately, that seems to be more and more common by Celebrity staff, whether you are on the ship or calling their representatives. However, this does not mean that other individuals posting on here with something different from you, quite literally with the facts in their hand, are wrong.

Clearly the return / roll out of this luggage valet program is not going as smoothly at it could have (or should have). The forum community should be thanked for providing observations and confirmations about what is happening on the ships.

Not true. Friends used it disembarking Eclipse Jan 22, 2017. They were Aqua, but it was available to anyone with applicable flight requirements. $25 @person

We got off the Equionix on January 30. The disembarkation forms we got in our cabin made no reference to luggage valet. Was told by the hotel director that that service was available only to Zenith members and suite guests. Someone doesn't have their ducks in a row.

poppy and nana, here's a question. Were you on an eligible flight? Asking because last year, under the previous program, on Eclipse at least, after passengers turned in their disembarkation forms, only those on qualifying flights received the luggage Valet forms. If you listed "consecutive cruiser" or "Celebrity post cruise hotel" or "10:05 am flight" you would have never gotten the form. Is it possible that you didn't indicate on your disembarkation form the right information to make you eligible ? And as an aside, Luggage valet was never listed on the disembarkation forms are previous year and still isn't today.

Another question, is it possible that the hotel director said that only suite passengers and Captains Club Senith passengers got the Valet at no charge, and you might have thought that the answer was that they were the only ones to get it at all? Like others, having seen the form where it clearly states that there is a charge of $25 to participate, I wonder why it would say that if the only people who can use it are paying no fee?