New Pirate Ship Bar on HMC a TERRIBLE idea

michmike

I'm not seeing any of your pics. Just the dreaded little red x for eveything. Am I the only one?

Really? :eek: I obviously don't know what I'm doing then. So sorry. When it came across mine I thought everyone could see it.

What about my next post? It actually loaded differently, so I'm hopeful.

If not then sorry! I tried!!

Really? :eek: I obviously don't know what I'm doing then. So sorry. When it came across mine I thought everyone could see it.

Nope - red x there too. Thanks for trying, though. :)

I too am only seeing the little red x's..

Thanks for trying...Betty

:o Maybe I should go back and read the directions again.

If I figure it out I'll give it another shot.

When I look at the Properties of your images, extract the URL, (for example

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=180988&stc=1&d=1295290271 )

and try to go directly to that address I get an "Invalid Attachment specified" from CC. Click on that link to see what I mean.

I suspect that you are truncating the end of the long string somehow when you are pasting it into your post. If you are "rolling over" the string with your cursor to copy it, try using Cntrl+A, Cntrl+C to copy it then Cntrl+V to paste it.

IF this bar was built for the Carnival passengers,perhaps when HAL is there, the HAL Cats could stay on the ship, and the facility could just be a bar without the loud music. It was being built when we were there in Nov/Dec and my impression was that it looked out of place on an otherwise lovely venue.

Barbara

IF this bar was built for the Carnival passengers,perhaps when HAL is there, the HAL Cats could stay on the ship, and the facility could just be a bar without the loud music. It was being built when we were there in Nov/Dec and my impression was that it looked out of place on an otherwise lovely venue.

Barbara

Yes, sure, the Screamer and HAL Cats could stay on the ship. Fingers crossed they will when we go. It isn't likely. :(

The shame is some of these various Screamers and HAL Cats are talented muscians but their talent is so disguised with the music they are mandated they must play at the volume they blare it and the Screamer of the Day cannot display her real talent. Too bad.

That is not something many of us seem to want spoiling our day at HMC.

do you think they will listen?

They scrapped plans to put the poolette on the Maasdam because it was such a disaster on the Veendam and, I believe, the Rotterdam. (I got to see it first hand on the Veendam).

Another way to indicate displeasure is to just boycott it---vote with your feet, so to speak.

To sapper1 and everyone else who hates this new addition, including me, let's request the cabana fartherest from "that ugly pirate ship." If it's already rented & we're offered another choice, then say, "No, thanks. Guess I'll stay aboard."

If enough people complain, maybe somewhere in corporate they might rethink this idea, maybe not use it when a HAL ship drops anchor. Downside, if it proves to be a profit center, no way will they shut it down, no matter how many of us complain.

On our recent trip, we saw this thing and thought, "Oh, a playground for the kids." Even so, we saw it as a blight on the landscape and asked, "Why did they have to put it so close to the beach?" No one was working on it that day (it was still incomplete), as the winds were so fierce, none of the workers could cross over from their island to come to work. We barely made it ashore, and we didn't linger to explore. It was in the 50s that day!

We are so disappointed to learn on this thread that this eyesore's real function is a bar with loud music. Corporate (whether it's HAL or Carnival) has ruined this slice of paradise for us.

I have already decided that is what we will do----if we can't get 13, 14 or 15 we will stay on the ship----at least we know we can relax around the pool there without the pleasure of listening to the HAL Cats.

Another way to indicate displeasure is to just boycott it---vote with your feet, so to speak.
I don't care how loud it is inside, because we can easily avoid that. But how would we boycott the noise outside? One way that was suggested was to not book the cabanas next to it, but that won't be very many voices of protest.

Edit: posted before I read your last.

I don't care how loud it is inside, because we can easily avoid that. But how would we boycott the noise outside? One way that was suggested was to not book the cabanas next to it, but that won't be very many voices of protest.

Edit: posted before I read your last.

I guess I should have followed through with my thinking re the boycott. It would do nothing for the noise in the short term but if it were a money losing proposition due to people not patronizing it, they might turn it into a childrens' playgorund or something---gift shop---spa on the beach----endless possibilities.

I guess I should have followed through with my thinking re the boycott. It would do nothing for the noise in the short term but if it were a money losing proposition due to people not patronizing it, they might turn it into a childrens' playgorund or something---gift shop---spa on the beach----endless possibilities.
Well, I'm sure it'll be a money-maker while the Carnival ships are there, and I'd bet for a while at least there will be enough HAL folks wanting to try it out (especially all the non-CC people who know nothing about it until they see it there) that it'll make money from HAL ships too.

A lot of people expressed displeasure with Lido cabanas on Sig ships, but the $ rules. I think our best hope is to get the point across to HAL that the bar is acceptable as long as it doesn't noise-pollute the beach. The only ways I can think of doing that are with comment cards and threads here for the HAL folks who read CC.

HAL really needs to reconsider the loud music aspect or at least give a discount/warning to those renting the closest cabanas and clamshells.

There is loud music, then there is LOUD.

From what I've witnessed recently, it's a scourge that's plagueing every ship.

Not only HAL vessels.

Back on Veendam, met some friends in the Ocean Bar.

It was impossible to have a conversation thanks to the Neptunes insisting on turning up the amplifiers to "Extreme Deafness".

After that, I won't bother visiting that room.

I think that is a pipe dream in all honesty. Bars are the most profitable sq. footage for the cruise lines, no doubt it will stay. :cool:

Does this image help? The metal-roofed building to the right of and behind the "pirate ship" is the BBQ pavillion.

Thank you Briny. That is what I was looking for. Am I right that the Wish I Could Stay Here Forever bar is at the right in the picture? If so, then the pirate ship bar is much further along the beach than I imagined. It sure does stand out like a sore thumb, doesn't it? That was the direction we always walked to get away from the crowds. Shucks! Now where do we go??

Archived