Where can you get a good reuben Sandwich

We have been on a few RCCL cruises and I can only remember a time or two when they had reuben sandwiches. We will be on Enchantment next week and it would be great to get one. Does anyone know if they have them? If so where at?

Thanks

Kevin

Famous 4th Street Deli

We have been on a few RCCL cruises and I can only remember a time or two when they had reuben sandwiches. We will be on Enchantment next week and it would be great to get one. Does anyone know if they have them? If so where at?

Thanks

Kevin

They have reuben sandwiches in the SeaView cafe on some of the Radiance class ships.

On Carnival Cruise ships....

Yeah, I was gonna say at the New York-style deli on the Carnival Victory, but alas, wrong board LOL. My mouth is watering even this early in the morning thinking back.

Enchantment is a modified Vision class ship, not a Radiance class so no Sea View cafe. I think SB007 is probably right - your best bet onboard is to check the lunch menu in the MDR. I've seen a reuben on there occasionally. The MDR is usually only open on sea days so if you have a port-intensive cruise, it may only be open a couple of times. If that's the case, the reuben might not be on the menu those days.

Grilled Rye Bread, Melted Swiss Cheese, 1000 Island Dressing, Shaved Pastrami, and Sauerkraut. I make a killer Reuben at the diner I work in, although I am not really a fan of them- but they do look good!

A turkey Reuben is also good but a true Reuben is made with corned beef. If you haven't tried one, you ought to.

A little off topic but while we're talking reubens --- I'm a fan of the reuben for sure. For any other fans...you can also make a reuben casserole.

Chop the corned beef (that'll be the bottom layer) add a layer of kraut then spread with thousand island dressing. Add a layer of shredded swiss cheese. Top with cubed rye bread then dot with butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until heated through. You can also sprinkle some caraway seeds in there if you like.

Corned beef. We'll be cruising the Oasis this Saturday, and I understand that it is available on one of the restaurants in Central Park. Otherwise, i will get mine when We get back and go to our favorite diner. Also, Hulahan's has a decent one.:):):)

They have reuben sandwiches in the SeaView cafe on some of the Radiance class ships.

The best hidden gem on Radiance class. Love that restaurant and great quality fast food if you will. The reubens were BANGIN!

A little off topic but while we're talking reubens --- I'm a fan of the reuben for sure. For any other fans...you can also make a reuben casserole.

Chop the corned beef (that'll be the bottom layer) add a layer of kraut then spread with thousand island dressing. Add a layer of shredded swiss cheese. Top with cubed rye bread then dot with butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until heated through. You can also sprinkle some caraway seeds in there if you like.

Thanks for this recipe, I'm gonna try it! ;)

Alright, now you've done it. I am off in search of a good reuben!

Nelblu, would you mind posting and letting us know where you find one on Oasis? Thinking positive thoughts for you, you notice I said where, not if...

Cruiseguy1016, do you know any Radnich's in Webster?

Love those reubens!!

Liz in Kingwood

Thanks for this recipe' date=' I'm gonna try it! ;)[/quote']

That's great "I'm on holiday"!

You may need to watch the temp, just don't burn the bread on top. You can put some cheese on it too to help keep it kind of "glued" down on top of the casserole (before baking).

Grilled Rye Bread, Melted Swiss Cheese, 1000 Island Dressing, Shaved Pastrami, and Sauerkraut. I make a killer Reuben at the diner I work in, although I am not really a fan of them- but they do look good!

Sometimes it's Corned Beef, Russian Dressing, Saurerkraut and Swiss Cheese all grilled on rye bread.

Archived