24k peice of ship on a stick winners unite!

hlb76

As a proud owner of a peice of ship I thought it would be fun to share stories on how you got yours.

Everyone in my family has one and my hubby now has 2. Out of 5 cruises we have 5 ships not too bad.

My oldest son won a ship at a late might party for doing some contest. I can't remember which one.

My youngest son got his by going on stage to help w. something once. I don't remeber what exactly but it had to do w/ him being a little bear.

DH won his lastest ship being the last man standing. He won a slot tournament on our first cruise and thats how he got the other.

I won my little peice of ship by winning game show mania. It was a close call. There was a little kid playing as well and the director really tried and tried to give them a leg up. I showed no mercy and won my ship!

I think we need to get a case soon for all our ships. :D

My son got one for letting some young ladies dress him up like a woman and enter him in a beauty contest!!! He came in third and won his SOS.

I got mine for winning my first slot tournament using my Platinum freebie.

We have two, one for each of our cruises.

We got the one on the Celebration for playing trivia. The person running accidently repeated questions used earlier in the week, so we knew all the answers.

We got the one on the Carnival Dream from Todd. He sent it to us as a honeymoon present from writing into his morning show.

All 3 of mine were won at trivia....

As a solo traveler, it's usually me against teams and teams of people.... I have to work twice as hard as a solo-er.......HA,

One contesst a couple years back had a team of 6...and one guy not playing...however....he had some sort of atlas thingie and wouldl look up answers in the book, giving it to that team.

Lots were ticked off..but, after all, it's only a derned game...

They only beat me out by ONE answer.....and it was a derned sports question. Not being a sports fan....I have only a couple of pat answers"

"Knute Rockney", "Cassius Clay (or Muhammed Ali), "Jackie Robinson" and "Philadelphia Flyers"... I rarely win with those....HA:D:D:p

LOL.. From our two cruises we have 9 trophies and 7 medals. Most were won at various trivia/name that tune games, one of them is from a scavenger hunt, and at least two of them were from each of us getting on stage for the "game show" and winning. We got totally screwed out of a trophy in super trivia by a loser team who basically gave the prize to the old folks team. :)

We take this trivia seriously!;)

Edited to add that one of ours WAS from DH winning the hairy chest comp... forgot about that one!

I figured I would end up getting one for being the Celebrity of the Week. I got a bunch of cool stuff, but no SoS. My wife, sick of hearing about this silly little thing all week long, ended up getting her hands on one for me.

She surprised me with it at the Steakhouse

100_1255.JPG

My proudest moment :D

I've got 11, 24 karet gold, plastic piece of ship on a stick, and 9 Olympic medals. All were won in either the passenger talent show, or the "Legends Show". They don't always award the SOS for the "Legends Show', but occasionally, they do. Yes, we sail a lot! :cool:

"SKY"

We were lucky enough to receive 2 on our very first cruise with Carnival.

They were delivered to our cabin by a member of the cruise director staff as a thank you. They were accompanied by a photo of Pride with a thank you note written on it from Kirk and Jaime.

They had asked me to take 3D photos of them on formal night and I was happy to accomodate them.

After I complete them I will send them to Kirk for approval and at that time I will ask him if it is OK to post them on here for your viewing.

Thank God they didn't ask me to enter trivia or such as if that were the case I would never get my "24K gold solid plastic ship on a stick" and really .... who can live without one?

We played US Trivia on our recent Victory cruise and won!! My family let me have the ship on a stick because I am such a trivia buff (we played as a team) though my future son in law is also a trivia nut, he'd already won a medal for doing the MC Hammer dance at another game show competition the night before. We couldn't have won without his trivia input (he and I are jealous well-matched rivals), but I was so excited to get to be the owner of this elegant piece of ship :)

I win mine via trivia.

It does appear that they use the same questions all the time and people who have been on that ship recently have an unfair advantage.

It's worse than that. The same banks of questions are used across the fleet. I was on Triumph in December and one of the entertainment staff members is the guy who wrote the questions used in all the trivial games.

I remembered some of the same questions on Triumph in December as I had heard on Legend the previous May. Luckily for my competition, I wasn't so good at remembering the answers.

I'm a proud five-time SOS winner on three Carnival cruises.

We just took our children on their first cruise and came home with 3 SOS and 3 medals. It was a great cruise!

1st SOS - Doing the twist as a family during the Camp Carnival welcome party.

2nd SOS - Daugher helping out during Bingo.

3rd SOS - Hubby calling in with a joke into the morning show. We came back to our room one evening and there was one waiting for us in the mailbox with a note from the CD.

Son got a medal for doing the twist at camp carnival, daughter got a medal for doing the twist during the pre-deck party and then I got one for doing a puzzle.

Can you tell we like doing the twist? LOL

I have 2 24k gold plastic ships on sticks.

1) Liberty - My first cruise I was pulled up on stage during the welcome aboard show and had to do some crazy activities with a spoon on a string.

2) Triumph - I won the 'Amazing Race' (scavenger hunt)

I've also received about 6 medals for participating in various activities around the ships. Battle of the sexes, Red White & Blue Challenges etc...

shiponastick2.th.jpg

shiponastick.th.jpg

I think the grand total at our house is now 18. :eek: Nine of them came from our last cruise on the Valor. :eek::eek::eek: We have at least one from every ship except the Miracle - hadn't quite figured out the whole participation thing on our first cruise!

DH is that guy everyone hates at trivia - he knows everything except sports. People always think he's cheating, but he's actually turned down SOSs when he didn't think the competition was fair or when a CD tried to just give him one without him, in his eyes, winning it fairly or in an honest competition. He does love his trivia games, though! I should probably get him on Jeopardy one of these days to win us some cruise funds!

We currently have ... 60.

1/3rd were won in the Talent Shows by me

1/3rd were won in Trivia by my oldest son

1/3rd were won my our youngest son as a gift for being the youngest Milestone Member on board from the CD and hubby in trivia as well.

And yes, every single one is displayed in our game room on our "Carnival Bookcase" (along with pictures of the Legend Shows I have been in)

I have 1 SOS and 3 medals:

SOS is for singing the loudest in the piano bar on the Victory...how embarrassing!

1 medal: singing the loudest for above....the medal was the semi-finalist round

1 medal: my dd (3) won it for dancing her little heart out at "name that tune"

1 medal: my dh won for doing some trivia thing against me on the Victory...we both had to name US states and whoever messed up first was the loser....(I really won but gave him the medal as I had won mine earlier at the piano bar!)

My one and only SOS I begged from the CD after failing to make the cut to be in the Marriage Show haha. I proudly carried it with me to dinner in the MDR, then made a shrine for it in our cabin. Then I took it to work, then it spent some time in a box in the back of my van, now I don't know where it is... Oh, poor SOS, how fleeting was your fame!

5274519405_c3e0290bfb_z.jpg

Archived