24k peice of ship on a stick winners unite!

hlb76

This is taken from my imagination review:

And now I must share with you all my greatest triumph and failure of the cruise.

As we headed in the auditorium they were asking for volunteers for a men vs womens game. Figuring I'm smarter than the average bear I walk up to join my fellow testosterone driven brethen. When we arrive on stage they give us cards with a letter on them: S, P, O, T. The 4 guys get these letters the 4 gals get the same (I got P.)

SO just to set the game they give us a trial wort 'SPOT' and tell us to spell it out. I take the #2 'spot' next to 'S'. Seems simple enough but the girls have somehow failed to spell out spot and seems on there way to spelling 'L.O.S.E.'

Our next word was 'TOPS' Game is on and crackin now. Next word 'POTS' Yall see where this is going and so far we have won both of the challenges. Than we are thrown a curve...Spell opts. Once again I take the 2 spot behind O and we win. YEAH MEN! Than the host (a guy and girl) say to make this a little more challenging the next word wins regardless of previous score...Spell 'DOTS'?!?

The girls are looking at each other like 'wha' I order the O next to me followed by the T and S and turn my p 180 degress to make a d. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We won In your face girly girl girl's. But that was only the 1st contest. The next contest we were given a spoon and a golf ball and told to walk not run around the auditorium with golfball in spoon in one hand our our other hand behind our head.

So we line up (Im 2nd) and off we go Into straight up hillarity. I love women...I love the way the women we competed against were dressed...I love women in high heels and short skirts trying to race around an auditorium carying a spoon and golf ball in one hand, the other hand behind their head and another hand trying to pull down the skirt. Oh and the high heels didn't even come into play. I swear some girls can play basketball in them and still get a triple double on ya.

We won this for one reason and one reason only...no girl kept there off hand behind there head so that kinda evened things up and as we came around with the last pair they where damn near neck and neck. As they made the turn to come down the ailse the girl was actually ahead of the guy...Until the golf ball fell off the spoon. This ball hit the ground like one of my tee shots hitting the cart path.

The ball bounced away from her and darn near to the other side of the room. Someone ran the ball back to her but it was too late. So we escape that contest by the skin of our manly teeth.

And now the final contest.

So we are lined up, again me in my 2 position. The host brings out 2 hula hoops. 1st one to drop hula hoop loses. We all look at each other crestfallen. So 1st dude and dudette go up against each other...Its actually close but she wins out. This was the girl with the highest of heels so we were kinda hoping she would go longer. Next me...the host ask would I like a practice go and I take it and fail. Now its live showtime.

We begin and it turns out I truly suck...but so does my opponate. She doesn't hula as long as me they ask the audience and they say its a tie for us to go again. GREAT I get to make a fool out of myself twice. We go again and my hula is the last to fall. Now understand this...Its not so much that I was able to hula just that I am a fat lard arse and it was just harder for the hula hoop to clear my belly and fall.

SO therefore WE the manly men won the battle of the sexes.

Picture693.jpg

One of my fellow contestants his wife won the trivia contest later on.

Picture696.jpg

Now you may be wondering 'frosty you said it was your greatest failure how is that?' I'll tell you how that is...All the time I was on stage and going thru the contest I had the camera in my dang-gon pocket...Forgot to give it to my wife.

It only took 12 cruises :eek: but we won the first one in our family last month. Hubby won it in the Blackjack tournament...that and $500! So nice...we still have the trophy...he "donated" most of the money back. ;)

Heck, I have you beat, took me 21 cruises! But I won one on the Miracle last week for winning the digital scavanger hunt! I am sure it was a memorable sight for all the ships entertainment --- 2 fat woman running (well, walking rapidly) all over the ship to complete the mission! But it was so much fun!

Great thread -

Cruising since 1989 and more cruises than I can count, we received a special SOS on our cruise this month on the Freedom from John Heald :)

It was very nice and delivered with a bottle of Champagne

On our Family Christmas Cruise on the Legend (12/19/10) we actually totaled 10 SOS and 7 silver medals between my DW, 4 children, and one SIL.

Breakdown:

Dad: 2 (hairy chest contest winner, synchronized swimming winner)

Daughter#1: Minute to Win It

SIL: synchronized swimming winner. Daughter/SIL combined to win Name That Tune in the Piano Bar

Daughter #2: Woman's Air Guitar champ, Karaoke Winner

Son: Men's Air Guitar champ, Karaoke

Mom/D #3: received one as they were walking off the ship for being purely awesome.

We all won a silver medal for taking 2nd in the Amazing Cozumel Race (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)

Picture we took at dinner the last night:

Christmas%2BCruise%2B098.jpg

I have five, 24 karat Ships on a stick and two medals..

1 stick from Valor - Great Chriistmas Game show

1 stick on ship Destiny - Game Show, one medal

1 stick on ship Destiny - trivia

1 stick on ship Imagination - 80's name that tune

1 stick on ship Imagination - Trivia , one medal

Charleyann:D

Just back from the Spirit with two ships on a stick and 2 medals! We won the ships during "Product Slogan Trivia" and "Rock n Roll Trivia". The rock n roll trivia was close...we had 37 out of 40 and someone else had 36! For the product slogans I thought we had totally sucked...had 11 out of 20...but I guess everyone else did worse then we did and we ended up winning! The two medals were won by my husband and I during a miniature golf tournament.

As a proud owner of a peice of ship I thought it would be fun to share stories on how you got yours.

Everyone in my family has one and my hubby now has 2. Out of 5 cruises we have 5 ships not too bad.

My oldest son won a ship at a late might party for doing some contest. I can't remember which one.

My youngest son got his by going on stage to help w. something once. I don't remeber what exactly but it had to do w/ him being a little bear.

DH won his lastest ship being the last man standing. He won a slot tournament on our first cruise and thats how he got the other.

I won my little peice of ship by winning game show mania. It was a close call. There was a little kid playing as well and the director really tried and tried to give them a leg up. I showed no mercy and won my ship!

I think we need to get a case soon for all our ships. :D

I got one the first time I was on a Carnival Ship...The Pride...I won the Blackjack Tournament and it says "Carnival Blackjack Tournament Champion" on the base. Would not part with it!vv:D

We have 4 out of the 5 cruises on Carnival. It would have been 5 on 5, but my husband insisted that he knew some of the trivia answers and he was WRONG!!!! (okay, not grounds for divorce, but he is on probation!) All of our wins have been on Trivia. (so far, undefeated in Cartoon trivia)

Also, DS has won 2 medals in Camp Carnival at the tender age of 8.

Dear cruisers:

Here's the story about my 3 Ships on a Stick!

CARNIVAL ECSTASY: Karaoke. Did you see my 50 year old frame squirm to Carlos Santana's SMOOTH?

CARNIVAL CONQUEST: Karaoke. Singing Jimmy Buffett song: "She's got fins to the left, fins to the right, and she's the only girl in town!!!" Follow the leader with your fins.

CARNIVAL CONQUEST: Super Trivia. The clincher question: At the south pole, which direction is east? A: None of them. Every direction is north!

Thanks for sharing your well earned S-O-A-S stories. Keep 'm coming.

Bob of Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

I've gotten three thus far:

First: On Inspiration in Cozumel, just stayed on the ship while in port. So I went to the Famous Faces trivia game and played against two other people. I had a 1 out 3 chance! :D

Second: On Liberty during a Liberty Ninjas event. The challenge was to see who could make the highest house of cards. Won it!

Third: Also on Liberty, I won the "History of Carnival" Cruise lines trivia.

well i have been on 7 carnival cruises and I got my first ship on a stick my 7th cruise. (my family sucks at everything you can do to win one lol) We one morning the last sea day we put the T.V. on and the morning show was on. If you answered the question you got something. Well I called not knowing the answer and of course I was picked to answer. We answered the question wrong. But since we had such a great time laughing and giggling most of the time on the phone. They gave us an easy question that I could finally answer and I got my ship on a stick and I am looking at it right now as i type this. It was more like a we feel sorry you have been on so many cruises and all you want is the damn ship on a stick. LOL really all I ever wanted was this ship and everyone kept winning it BUT ME!!!!!!!!! not this time lol hope to win another on my 21st b-day cruise this October

I have one for winning the TV Theme song Trivia contest on the Conquest.

DW won hers for the slot tournament on the Valor (plus $500 and a bag of other stuff)

My doctor has an academy award on a shelf in his office. It was his grandfathers . It is one of those technical awards that they give out at a separate ceremony and not the actual Oscar night ceremony . But it is an Oscar none the less.

On either side of it on the shelf are 2 "Ships on a stick" . Both won by my doctor for trivia contests. *LOL*

I got my SOS from being me.. Seriously-- I don't know because it was due to my disability..YEAH it was. ha ha I was on my first cruise with my aunt and grandparents in 2006.. I attended about every show/event on the ship.. I REALLY WANT to win SOS on my own... lol i m going on my 4th cruise in July......... DAMN I WANT TO WIN! LOL

As a proud owner of a peice of ship I thought it would be fun to share stories on how you got yours.

Everyone in my family has one and my hubby now has 2. Out of 5 cruises we have 5 ships not too bad.

My oldest son won a ship at a late might party for doing some contest. I can't remember which one.

My youngest son got his by going on stage to help w. something once. I don't remeber what exactly but it had to do w/ him being a little bear.

DH won his lastest ship being the last man standing. He won a slot tournament on our first cruise and thats how he got the other.

I won my little peice of ship by winning game show mania. It was a close call. There was a little kid playing as well and the director really tried and tried to give them a leg up. I showed no mercy and won my ship!

I think we need to get a case soon for all our ships. :D

We have won ours by playing trivia---have one for every ship we've been on :)

Archived