Anyone else notice?

hermajestylanie

YES! This routine was on our Europe 07 Freedom cruise. Anita & Dick Little....or as John said Anita Little...D :cool:

Could be funnier. Have a friend her first name is Juanna...So it would be Juanna Little....pause....Dick....pause her husband....:D:eek::p

The couple could have been on a back-to-back. :p

the names are alteranted each cruise between dick wooden and dick little. cuts the chances of a repeat by half.

what was really odd was people following john to actually play those parts. i remember one poster bragging about it on a cruise board, maybe even this one.

another cruise director always had a "volunteer" who was always a toilet paper salesman. Every cruise.

now i know why miss miller was famous.

The names are made up. The people are not actors, but frequent cruisers (Platinum) to whom he goes to and asks them to be a part of the show. They sometimes approach him to say that they want to be a part of it. The couple's name is always Dick and Anita Little. The guy who has to jump through hoops the entire cruise knows that he will get a basket of goodies at the end of the cruise for doing so.

The bedtime story always has someone who was "dozing off" in the audience to play the last part.

:D;)

• 1 year later...

Well what do you know Dick and Anita showed up again last week on the Legend.:D This is just a old joke that keeps getting used again and again. We last saw a Dick and Anita Little on the Magic 2 years ago. Same old joke,totally different people.They are regular cruisers that are just asked to participate in the joke. Don't be so gullible folks.;) JH does a great job with a very old gag.:D

JLJ (Jet Lagged Judy)

My friends parents were asked to take part in the opening act. Yes they were issued new sail and sign card with the name Little. They had to use the extra cards the whole trip in case people wanted to see later on. They even made one for their special needs son traveling with them so he could be in on the act. They just asked a random older couple that fit a profile and ask if they are willing to go along. I think they got a bottle of champagne for the trouble but they also got some one on one time with him.

On one of our "Heald" cruises, Dick Little looked exactly like the Ship's Captain, only in cruise attire.

When I was talking to the Captain on the Behind The Fun Tour, I "busted" him...

John is very good at what he does and we always enjoy him.

We did see him get upstaged by a little kid, and that was hilarious.

I'm surprised he hasn't changed some of his material it sounds like many of you have heard it several times. But hey, Ron White has been doing his "one time I got kicked out of a bar" and "tater tot" routines for years and years. I think people going to his shows would feel cheated if they didn't get to hear it. If it works!!!

Someone should take a picture - this guy was tall - grey hair and beard with a little black and was very serious the whole routine!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They are often the same people because some frequent cruisers cruise 10+ times a year. People actually go to him and BEG to be the couple singled out. Happens all the time. Even when the people are different, the names are the same.

Love John Heald. :D

I think he needs refreshing - never knew him before our Baltic cruise (except that he WAS the one) anyway was not impressed (he was low profile) never once saw him about the ship (4sea days) both he and Calvin seemed tired and it was almost embarrassing to a point! Good thing I didn't care about a cruise director to make my trip! They could of done so much more on what was very quiet sea days!!!!! Not impressed with cruise director but cruise was amazing!!

I think he needs refreshing - never knew him before our Baltic cruise (except that he WAS the one) anyway was not impressed (he was low profile) never once saw him about the ship (4sea days) both he and Calvin seemed tired and it was almost embarrassing to a point! Good thing I didn't care about a cruise director to make my trip! They could of done so much more on what was very quiet sea days!!!!! Not impressed with cruise director but cruise was amazing!!

Why? He's been doing the same stuff for 25 years and people still think it's spontaneous.

But take just two cruises with him, and you'll see everyone who's "in -the-know" trying to volunteer to be the Dick Littles and Woodens before hand.

Or the unkempt guys either eating pizza or chips.

Or the three trained people for the bedtime story, one overweight, one black, and one Chinese guy who never understands English.

Or the fake romantic couple.

Or the last person running up to the ship just before it leaves port. Yup! That's staged too!

I'm still waiting for the Ugo guy to show up as a character on the ship.

Lets not forget the Love and Marriage show.

You can not tell me that is all made up. Not when you hear the same questions over and over.. I truly believe the CD fills in the blanks with the same replies.

Lets not forget the Love and Marriage show.

You can not tell me that is all made up. Not when you hear the same questions over and over.. I truly believe the CD fills in the blanks with the same replies.

LOL. And the old couple on the right is always a minister and his wife, in loose pants and boxer shorts (with hearts).

LOL. And the old couple on the right is always a minister and his wife, in loose pants and boxer shorts (with hearts).

my poor parents. They were up there for our first cruise.

yeah-- its the older people who get the brunt of most of the jokes.

Archived