Honest Opinion, Cruise or Land for a Week?

This is going to be a strange question, but I want some honest opinions. My grandparents always go to Florida for the winter and are there now. I have a week of half days coming up in the next couple weeks because of state testing. I have two choices:

1. I can go on a 4 Night Cruise on the Navigator of the Seas that goes to Cozumel.

2. I can go to their place in Florida for the whole week.

Which do you think would be better? Is the short cruise worth it? Is there enough time to relax and enjoy the ship in such a short time? I'm trying to figure out what I should do?

This is going to be a strange question, but I want some honest opinions. My grandparents always go to Florida for the winter and are there now. I have a week of half days coming up in the next couple weeks because of state testing. I have two choices:

1. I can go on a 4 Night Cruise on the Navigator of the Seas that goes to Cozumel.

Which do you think would be better? Is the short cruise worth it? Is there enough time to relax and enjoy the ship in such a short time? I'm trying to figure out what I should do?

We did a 4 day out of Port Canaveral and had a very good time. Having been on a Voyager class ship I can tell you there is plenty to do if you want or you can do absolutely nothing. If you go to their place what would you be doing? Me, I would do the cruise.

We did a 4 day out of Port Canaveral and had a very good time. Having been on a Voyager class ship I can tell you there is plenty to do if you want or you can do absolutely nothing. If you go to their place what would you be doing? Me, I would do the cruise.

If I went to their place, we would just be going to the beach and the pool. I go down there every year and visit them.

Another thing. This cruise goes to Cozumel. I've never been there before but am also going there in June on the Allure, is this a big deal?

I prefer cruising over all other types of vacations.

A four night cruise is plenty long enough for fun and relaxation. You'll have two sea days with nothing but time to relax and enjoy the ship, plus a day in Coz. to do whatever. My wife cruised on Navigator with her mom and loved it.

Since you're asking this question on a cruising website most of the responses are likely to be for the cruise. So I think perhaps you are already leaning toward the Navigator. :D;)

I'm doing the four day Navigator cruise to Cozumel at the end of April. Less than 7 days is not my ideal cruise however a four day cruise beats the heck out of a no day cruise:D. That class of ship is so nice and the sea days are appealing as well. My family all lives on the gulf coast of Fl. and for me the cruise was an easy choice. As for being in Cozumel again this summer I guess I would look at the first trip as a way to kinda get the lay of the land and plan something for the later trip. Enjoy whichever you choose, Jim

We have done both cruise & land. Each one has advantages. We mix them in depending on what we want to do. Truthfully, if I was just going to do the sit on the beach, I would choose the land. There is just way too much to do on the ship to keep me just sitting around. Relaxing with a balcony & so enjoyable to pay one price, not have to look for where I want to eat or drive any where to eat or do an activity. Only you can determine which is best for you. ;)

Your parents are letting you make the decision?

Haha. They wouldn't even be going! They are actually on a cruise right now (Carnival...) It would just be me and my grandparents. My grandma seems to rather have me come and stay with them, so that may be what I wind up doing.

Well they would be with me on the cruise too, so not seeing them wouldn't be the issue.

I was thinking more along the lines of what I took to be ....going to the beach and pool..... again! Figured you would rather not repeat that.

This is a tough one. I've done cruises shorter than a week and found myself much more depressed after than usual. It seems like you just get unpacked and go to the welcome aboard show and then its time to pack and go to the farewell show. I was never able to really fully enjoy the ship.

That being said, I'm not one for just laying by the pool or on a beach for a week. That is why I love cruising. I can do so many different things.

If it was me, I'd look at the cost. Not sure if you would have to pay for the cruise, but for only a 4 nighter, I would be hard pressed to turn down the free time in Florida instead of paying for a short cruise.

The cruise would actually be at the end of the month, 3/31.

That doesn't really answer my question (or I'm very confused)...you said you have two choices:

Option one is 4 nights, option two is 7 nights. So what would you be doing the additional 3 nights if you chose option one? (Not sure what the end of the month has to do with it?):confused:

This is a tough one. I've done cruises shorter than a week and found myself much more depressed after than usual. It seems like you just get unpacked and go to the welcome aboard show and then its time to pack and go to the farewell show. I was never able to really fully enjoy the ship.

That being said, I'm not one for just laying by the pool or on a beach for a week. That is why I love cruising. I can do so many different things.

If it was me, I'd look at the cost. Not sure if you would have to pay for the cruise, but for only a 4 nighter, I would be hard pressed to turn down the free time in Florida instead of paying for a short cruise.

Funny thing actually, my grandparents would be using their RCCL Visa points to pay for the cruise! They would just have to pay for me, not that much, and I'm sure they would want to upgrade to balcony (actually cheaper than oceanview :confused:)

That doesn't really answer my question (or I'm very confused)...you said you have two choices:

Option one is 4 nights, option two is 7 nights. So what would you be doing the additional 3 nights if you chose option one? (Not sure what the end of the month has to do with it?):confused:

If I just went to their place (3/13 - 3/19 ish...) I would only be missing half days at school due to state testing. If we went on the cruise, I would be missing an entire Thrusday, Friday, and Monday.

If they're not there...use their place! 4 days just isn't enough, IMO....Then, when you get more time, take a 7 nighter!

I think I'm leaning more towards going to their place. Plus, I'm going on the Allure in June! Can't complain about that! :D

If I just went to their place (3/13 - 3/19 ish...) I would only be missing half days at school due to state testing. If we went on the cruise, I would be missing an entire Thrusday, Friday, and Monday.

Ah, now I get it. 7 half days versus 4 full days. I'd vote for the 4 full days because if I was going to school or work I would not feel at all like I'm on vacation, even if it was only a half day.

This is just my opinion. I would not go to any place in Florida if it was free and you paid all my expenses to get there and covered all my costs when I was there. I do not like Florida - let me correct that statement - I can not stand the place.

That said, only you can decide which one you would prefer.

DON

Ah, now I get it. 7 half days versus 4 full days. I'd vote for the 4 full days because if I was going to school or work I would not feel at all like I'm on vacation, even if it was only a half day.

That does not make sense at all :confused: (no offense...) I would be missing 2 whole days and three half days for going to stay at their place, or three full days if we go on the cruise. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Archived