Detox Program

sailboy

Anyone try the detox program? For $35 they will provide a computerized detox analysis of you, then discuss the results with you. Then they will try to get you to sign on for the 6-month at home detox program which is quite expensive consisting of a wide assortment of their own vitamins and an "algae bath" program.

I went through the Detox evaluation on the Azamara for free and then I got carrier away and bought $200 worth of products-which I never used. Total waste for me. Then, three more cruises where I went to Detox seminar and it was all the same hype and products, made by Elemis. My opinion-total waste to pay anything. Listening to the seminar, which is free on other cruises, is fine. Just my two cents worth.

• 3 months later...

I cruised on NCL last week, went to the detox seminar, had the body comp test done... was told I have 20 lbs of water to lose and preventing my lymp nodes from working properly and my body to release toxins in my system. It all made sense until the price tag. Then I had a massage and was told I was very tight and toxic... tight I already knew. Again told the detox would really help my body function properly and I would lose weight, feel so much better, etc. After a combo treatment in the salon... basically more massage I bought eye cream, face cream (both for aging skin and wrinkles and both are so nice I love how they make my skin feel ) detox bath packets and was given another detox bath product for free. Last guy had me so relaxed and was such a smooth talker I couldn't resist. :( Like I said I do love the face creams so hoping to see results. Took first detox bath yesterday... was like any other bath... time will tell. I did go online and order "deep drainage" and "Cal Metab", one bottle each to try for a month $90 with shipping so a lot more reasonable to try. Will try to post results later. FYI- I'm overweight by 80 lbs or so, currently logging food in online diary with support from others there to lose weight and working out at a gym 4-6 times a week. Really hoping this detox helps me get even better results and increase energy. Would love to hear from others using these products!

No, never tried the detox program. I'm on vacation and don't want to be "detoxed".

I don't bother with any of the spa presentations. The last one was a skin treatment that ended up being a talk about the different layers of your skin and everyone was able to use some of the products they were trying to sell and give ourselves our own facial.

And I wondered why there were only 4 of us present! :confused::D

Note to Mom2kidds....keep up the good work....your exercise program and eating healthy are your best options. Stay with it....you will fall in love with yourself all over again! :)

Google the following:

"detox hoax"

and see what comes up.

I am so happy that some other people get what is going on here. Your body does not have any toxins in it. And if for some reason it did, like you ate some poison or something, none of these products will do anything for you.

The benefit comes from the time you spend releaxing while you are using the product. But you can get some much cheaper bubble bath or massage oils that will do the same thing for you.

"Secrets to a Flat Tummy" seminars are marketing tools for expensive product. Staff are on commission to sell it , but the talk is interesting.

And IMHO a complete waist of time her or on board.

I'm on a different detox program. It's 5 days since getting off the Grand,which equates to 5 days without my 6:00pm pre dinner martini at Crooners. I don't like this detox program at all.:mad:

Yeah, this is the only detox program that I subscribe to... :(

My Husband and I both did it on a RCCL cruise a few years back and bought the products (yes expensive). My husband didn't use them, I did and loved it. The results were good, I don't know how much weight I lost, but I felt better and more energy, I stayed on the detox for 6 months (as per their recommendation), and by the end really felt a difference. Eating right, and exercise was also key. I was told to do one about every 5 years.

As someone with a background in science, I find the descriptions of the so-called detox "treatments" in the flyers in the Patter to be nothing short of insulting attempted scam. But hey, it is your money.

Bought a buch of pills, in fact were told I needed to have all 3 bottles and take wha they called a major program to help 'prepare my liver and body' to t judt detox but properly lose weight. BS BS BS. On top of that, when I gto the bottle home and read th amount each bottle I had, I was like ok - lets open the bottle and see how days I need to do all this....um, short changed me in2 of the 3 bottles. 90 i one 83 in another and only 80 in the last. I was miffed. Anyways, long story short....avoid the bs pills, avoid the bioerhmie pa treatment (mud onto your stomach to help your digestions lose 1 inch in 1 hr etc etc)...bs, ad do NOt do their analysis machine or program. Ok That cost between $25-$75 or more (depending on which lines0 and that just showed that I was big for my age and height (duh, I just need to look in the mirror) and then they got me.

Please your money and beware!

Its BOGUS and we all know it. Princess should put a stop to this idiocy that preys on our insecurities. On Princess last month, a bimbo in the Spa was pushing hard the Detox program cheekily claiming it's "FDA APPROVED!"

Huh? Personally, I think its insane to permit an acid applied to your skin for a peel, to swallow odd looking colored pills or to have injection of chemicals by an unlicensed, unsupervised high school student from Latvia in international waters.

Reminds me of those CNN stories where some dolt pays a garage hack for botox shots and ends up maimed or dead.

You get what you pay for.

• 5 years later...

Spa 'detox' programs. :rolleyes:

Pseudoscience and quackery designed to do nothing more than separate you from your money. You already have the best detoxifier in the world - your liver!

Sorry but the only weight you will lose with these products are your money. Diet and excersize works great without these expensive rip off products. No one ever seems to post what is in them. Withoit the detox programs I have more money to pickle my innards a much different and proven way.

Will try to post results later. FYI- I'm overweight by 80 lbs or so, currently logging food in online diary with support from others there to lose weight and working out at a gym 4-6 times a week. Really hoping this detox helps me get even better results and increase energy. Would love to hear from others using these products!

Any results you achieve will be the result of the diet and exercise. Detox is hooey.

My Husband and I both did it on a RCCL cruise a few years back and bought the products (yes expensive). My husband didn't use them, I did and loved it. The results were good, I don't know how much weight I lost, but I felt better and more energy, I stayed on the detox for 6 months (as per their recommendation), and by the end really felt a difference. Eating right, and exercise was also key. I was told to do one about every 5 years.

Try doing it WITHOUT the exercise and diet. Your results will be dramatically different. As in NO improvement.

Its BOGUS and we all know it. Princess should put a stop to this idiocy that preys on our insecurities. On Princess last month, a bimbo in the Spa was pushing hard the Detox program cheekily claiming it's "FDA APPROVED!"

I love it when someone hits me with the"FDA Approved" line. That is when I hit them with my 35 years at the Agency (many involved with clinical trials)

and start to ask them questions while taking notes.

The presentations usually end very shortly thereafter.