Any Good Things About The Pride??

I have read this horrible review about the Carnival Pride. We are leaving

for this ship in a couple weeks. My husband and I have spent extra money for the suite 4237. We extended ourselves more so then normal because

we are so excited about this trip. Has anyone had a good experience on the Pride recently?? Now I am really worried! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I had a great time on the pride. I loved it so much I booked it again for September.

The best advise I got when reading reviews was take all the 5*s and disregard them, take all the 1*s and do the same, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.:p

Yes it's a little gaudy, but that was half the fun.

Me to DD: Meet me by the naked woman at 2.

DD: Which one? LOL

for this ship in a couple weeks. My husband and I have spent extra money for the suite 4237. We extended ourselves more so then normal because

we are so excited about this trip. Has anyone had a good experience on the Pride recently?? Now I am really worried! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I haven't, personally, just yet. But will be in December. I too have read some not so great reviews, but have also read some great reviews. It's all what you make it. Read this short review from a recent passenger:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408862

And there are other longer reviews complete with pictures. All you have to do is look.

Our cruise in December on the Pride will be our first cruise ever and also opted for a Vista Suite on the Empress Deck and are really looking forward to the experience.

Happy Cruising!

Rocky

DH an I are booked on her in October 2011 in Cabin 4237 also! We were in 4228 on her sister ship the Miracle and loved it, so we decided to try the other side of the ship on the Pride since they are pretty much identical in layout. The balcony is AWSOME to say the least. A cruise is what you make of it. Some people complain about every little thing, which is their perogative. Don't let what you read color your thoughts about having a good time, etc. Throw out the 1 and 5 star reviews and take it from there. Nothing is perfect and just being on a cruise in the best!

We're leaving on Pride May 15th and I have also read these negative reviews, however, as somebody previously posted, there are also lots of great reviews too :) I really think your cruise is what you make it.. don't sweat the small stuff! I'm not the least bit worried about the negatives I've read, and I know we're going to have a great time! Hope you enjoy your cruise too ;)

We haven't done "Pride" for quite some time, but I agree with the others above. "Pride" is Spirit Class, which IMO is the absolute best in the fleet. We had a GREAT time aboard "Pride" when we sailed her, and I have no doubt that you will also. Wish we could join you! :D

"SKY"

We were on the Pride in March and loved it. Yes, there were some issues on our specific cruise (we were on the one that was in Florida when the tornados came - not sure if you were referring to the review that mentions that cruise). But, to make a point, we booked the Pride again for next March.

Love the Spirit class vessels - they are wonderful!

The only thing that was wrong when we did the Pride a while ago was the relief CD was not good and the social staff were absolutely worthless and spent all their time yelling at the guests and doing inside jokes with each other. The relief CD is gone. The social staff are all gone. Problems solved.

The ship is nice. I am not at all a fan of the Spirit class. I normally move fore and aft on a cabin deck and the twists and turns of the corridors are less than desirable. That being said, we enjoyed the ship very much. It has a very subdued decor and has lots of quiet spaces.

Doc

If you are going to believe one review then maybe you shouldn't go at all. Not trying to sound rude but there will always be someone who doesn't like something. You can't please everyone. Everyone will have a different experience and a different perspective. I have read more positive reviews then negative on the Pride so I am pretty sure this person is overly picky or likes a different class of cruiseline.

If you go with a negative attitude you will most likely have a terrible time. Go with an open mind. Just keeping thinking "I'm on a cruise" and enjoy yourself. Please post a review or at least let us know how you liked it when you get back.

Have a GREAT cruise!!

SHe is my favorite ship, and will be our first three-peat when we sail on her again in September. She is a beautiful ship, and a cruise is what you make it. Feel free to check out my signature for a picture review of our sailing on her last year.

Don't worry about reviews, you can have 2 reviews that were on the same cruise and you can't believe they were on the same ship at the same time. We have been on the Pride 3 times and this sunday will be the 4th. Not a thing wrong with the ship. If yor a nit picker Im sure you can find something to moan about, you will never please everybody on a cruise.

Pride is fine. Been on it three times. I really like what they have done with serenity area (yes, they need more chairs but it is lovely no matter the time of day you visit). The comedy club was fantastic. They have done a good job with that. You will enjoy the shows too. Buffet is hit or miss but the dining room is good and room service (very quick service) can be enjoyed on your balcony. You will have a great time; no worries.

I can't say there is anything I don't like about the Pride...except for when they make me leave. :p

And now that they have added the Serenity Deck on the back, I think it's just perfect.

Can't wait to sail on her again (for the third time) next year.

I've sailed in cabin 4237, which is very nice. I love that the bedroom is a seperate area.

Clearly if you look at my sig, you'll quickly determine that I love the Pride. For DH and I, it's an easy, inexpensive opportunity to relax. There are some quirky things about the Baltimore sailings (if you're used to sailing from FL, if not you probably won't notice), and the weather's not always the best, but we're looking for the chance to unplug more than anything else...and she's perfect for that.

Alot of the things that people have complained about I can't speak to because we rarely participate in activities, and don't eat in the MDR. Out of all of my Pride sailings, I've only had one steward that was less than stellar. I have to admit that we get a little tired of the same old itinerary, but it beats flying with a stick.

I think that you'll love her.

We sailed on the Pride in September of 09 and loved it. We are sailing on her again on June 12 in the same suite you booked, #4237. I would love to hear what you thought of the suite when you get back from your trip. :)

We've sailed on the Pride twice, both times in 4327, and have another cruise booked on her for this August. Love the size of the Spirit-class ships - not too small, not too large. Two things not to miss, the Steakhouse and the Behind the Fun Ship tour.

We've been on the Pride twice and just loved it! Once to the Bahamas and to Bermuda. I think if they sail Bermuda next year, we'll book it again. Like a previous poster noted, make sure you do Davids, Behind the Fun, and even make sure you do the Chef's Table! ***Happy Sailing***

Great ship,great location ,great people (Hello NancyDee):D.

As others have said,it is what you make it.

Like other ships with home ports in the North East, you might get a rowdy crowd at times.

This would be no different from any entry level cruise line (NCL, RCI CCL) or ship.

have fun:D

Archived