Angry Bird needs your help!!! LIBERTY AGAIN OR DREAM????

StingRaysfan

Ok, so we weren't gonna book anything for awhile but we are just addicts (I'll admit it)....and we are looking at cruises the week of December 17th. It has to leave on the 17th and get back on the 24th... we have to be home for Christmas day. I really don't want to do a 6 day cruise after Christmas... so here we go.

The two options that look feasible are as follows:

7 day Liberty (which we JUST GOT OFF OF WITH ANGRY BIRD), which will be doing a typical 4 port western itinerary. We did this itinerary on the Valor (but backwards) in 2010. It would be great ports for diving and I think I would love to do a shark dive I found in Roatan. I'm really excited to see what they are doing to the Liberty too in drydock ...

7 day Dream.... same dates. The Dreams itinerary has TWO ports we have not been too yet. Nassau and St. Maarten, and it also goes to St. Thomas. I'm a little concerned about Nassau possibly being chilly in December. I've heard St. Maarten is amazing!!! Is that true? The Dream being a new ship would be nice, and it helps that it would be new to us considering we just got off the Liberty...

MAN, I wish I knew what the heck they were doing to the Liberty during Drydock!!!!! GRRRRRRR That may actually help sway our decision...

But without all that.. what would you do??? Both of these cruises sound great and I can't decide which I'm leaning towards...

BTW... price of balcony rooms are too close to worry about so that's not a factor. We also live about equal distance from each port so travel is not a factor either....

Pick the Dream!! I just sailed the Dream for a second time last week, and had an excellent time. We did the Eastern & loved it so much more than the Western route. Nassau is a good port - it just depends on what you decide to do with your time there. I went to Blue Lagoon and highly recommend it! St Thomas and St Maarten were beautiful & new ports to us. We visited Megan's Bay in St Thomas and Orient beach in St Maarten; again, highly recommend those beaches. The ship itself is beautiful. It's huge & has so much to offer for everyone at any age. I love the dining options for lunch (Mongolian wok, deli, pasta, burrito, tandoori, buffet, grill, pizza & such). Service all around was great. Cabins are really nice & spacious. I really recommend the Dream!

Roatan and Belize are the best diving sites, so if its diving and warmer water, then Liberty.

Id want to see Dream I admit, though the ports are not that exciting. I think the Bahamas ports are kind of ugly islands. Hey angry bird might want a clothes optional beach to get out on?

The further south the ship goes the warmer the waters will be if you plan on swimming.

Yeah.... this is why I'm torn...

I do think the water will be warmer on the Western, and the diving much better. The diving in St. Thomas was nice but nothing spectacular... not sure I wanna bring a full wetsuit.

Angry Bird is into feather optional beaches... he likes to check out the chicks...

I WAS thinking cove balcony...wow... the last two cruises I found "the one" and that was it. This is hard!

The Dream is vote. The ship is great and those islands are great!!! St Martin is a beautiful island. Take Angry Bird to Orient Beach to check out the chicks. Also go to Maho Beach and watch the jets come in make sure you have a good hold on Angry Bird he could get blown away there

Ok, so we weren't gonna book anything for awhile but we are just addicts (I'll admit it)....and we are looking at cruises the week of December 17th. It has to leave on the 17th and get back on the 24th... we have to be home for Christmas day. I really don't want to do a 6 day cruise after Christmas... so here we go.

7 day Liberty (which we JUST GOT OFF OF WITH ANGRY BIRD), which will be doing a typical 4 port western itinerary. We did this itinerary on the Valor (but backwards) in 2010. It would be great ports for diving and I think I would love to do a shark dive I found in Roatan. I'm really excited to see what they are doing to the Liberty too in drydock ...

7 day Dream.... same dates. The Dreams itinerary has TWO ports we have not been too yet. Nassau and St. Maarten, and it also goes to St. Thomas. I'm a little concerned about Nassau possibly being chilly in December. I've heard St. Maarten is amazing!!! Is that true? The Dream being a new ship would be nice, and it helps that it would be new to us considering we just got off the Liberty...

MAN, I wish I knew what the heck they were doing to the Liberty during Drydock!!!!! GRRRRRRR That may actually help sway our decision...

But without all that.. what would you do??? Both of these cruises sound great and I can't decide which I'm leaning towards...

BTW... price of balcony rooms are too close to worry about so that's not a factor. We also live about equal distance from each port so travel is not a factor either....

Since Angry Bird has already sailed Liberty, wouldn't he like a change and try Dream?

St. Maarten is amazing! His day on Bahamas could be used to explore the ship itself and the port, even if diving is not an option.

I loved your review so much, I went out and bought a angry bird. I got a med black one and a small red one. Going to the cabin over the 4th hope they like it!! LOL What ever cruise you will have great fun!! Might even get that darn bird to smile!!!

Well, we are going on the Liberty for the third time this summer, so you can tell what my answer is going to be. As far as ports go, nassau isn't much. St. Marteen is nice, good scuba there, but I would not bae my whole itinerary off that port.

I agree that Angry Bird has probably been 'blacklisted' from sailing the Liberty so you might want to wait awhile before booking it again.

I think Angry Bird may be less angry experiencing a cove balcony and cruising for chicks on those 'feather-optional' beaches (Take Angry Bird to Maho to watch the planes fly in while visiting St. Maarten - that might 'cheer' him up a bit? - along with a guavaberry colada at the Sunset Beach bar...usually works for me! :D:D)

P.S. I am 'dreaming' of another family cruise and seriously considering the Dream dec 17th cruise - I think the kids would LOVE the ship and the ports!

I think Angry Bird needs to make ammends on the Liberty before going to another ship. I think AB would LOVE diving in Belize! My husband sure does and wants to go back soooo bad. He said it was one of the best dives he has ever been on. Take the Dream on your next cruise after this one!

went on the dream last year, and doing liberty this sept. loved the eastern ports on the dream, but also loved roatan 2 years ago. i'll know better which one i like the best after sept. cruise, but the dream is beautiful.

April and Larry! Fun to see you and Mr. Angry Bird here again so soon :D

Pros for going on the Liberty again: You know the ship and the crew will mainly be the same and will remember you and your special friend. The Roatan shark dive sounds good (I've read there's also a dolphin dive). AND you will get to see what updates were made when she drydocks Oct 8-22nd (rumored to be a Red Frog bar and Serenity deck but they want it to be a surprise I guess).

Pros for going on the Dream: New ship? And two new ports, worth going for that alone. Saint Martin/Sint Maarten is gorgeous and a decent dive spot, the split French/Dutch island cultures very interesting. I did the stingray encounter at Nassau but wished I had just gone to Atlantis or a dive excursion - next time I guess! Mr. Angry Bird will have a new crew to win over and new slot machines to poop in - hehheh ;)

You will have a blast whatever you decide! :cool:

hahahahaha I think Angry Bird and I made it through the pooping incident without security catching on.... we ran...

Thanks for your input everyone!!!!! IDK..there are a lot of pros for the Dream, but when we discuss it we seem to leaning Liberty. DH loves the idea of the Red Frog Pub (assuming that is the case)... and really.. the ports are much better for our favorite excursions. We have some time to think about it... I really appreciate all your help! I was hoping someone would give me good reasons for the Dream... and you guys did. Not sure it swayed me far enough that way...

Librat! I saw that dolphin dive!!! I want to do that really bad too! LOL

Off to think.......

IDK..there are a lot of pros for the Dream, but when we discuss it we seem to leaning Liberty. DH loves the idea of the Red Frog Pub (assuming that is the case)... and really.. the ports are much better for our favorite excursions.

You will have to join me on Magic to see the Red Frog pub, because Dream does not have it. Magic also added a rope course not on Dream. Dream mostly only has the coves new and the overhanging hot tubs that block balcony views.. they got better with Magic.

I was also told only Magic has the pay Italian restaurant, not Dream. Maybe so many said Dream was just a overcrowded Conquest class ship, they decided to make the improvements with Magic. Maybe Carnival realized with Oasis and Allure out there, they needed some new ideas to compete.

I've done both, as you know, I was on the same Liberty cruise with you.

If you're just going by the ships alone I loved the Liberty over the Dream. Smaller ship, less people, fewer lines and crowds in my opinion. Besides, if you do the Liberty again you can tell us all the things they changed in drydock.

However...I personally like to go places I haven't been before.

Guess I'm not much helping you out with this decision.

You will have to join me on Magic to see the Red Frog pub, because Dream does not have it. Magic also added a rope course not on Dream. Dream mostly only has the coves new and the overhanging hot tubs that block balcony views.. they got better with Magic.

I was also told only Magic has the pay Italian restaurant, not Dream. Maybe so many said Dream was just a overcrowded Conquest class ship, they decided to make the improvements with Magic. Maybe Carnival realized with Oasis and Allure out there, they needed some new ideas to compete.

I agree.. don't think we haven't looked at the Oasis and Allure too ... LOL One day....

My reference to Red Frog Pub was actually to the "rumors" (though "rumors" are all they are) that it might be part of the Liberty's dry dock. We will see. I would be happy if the Italian restaurant were part of the dry dock ... that sounds YUMMY!

I'm thinking with the Dream class I may just wait for the Breeze at this point. LOVE the new look of the staterooms and it will probably have the most features available of the 3...

Sandy- u were NO HELP at all.. LOL but I do like that you loved Liberty best! :)

Remember the Breeze will be in your backyard as well in a year and 1/2. Her itineraries are interesting too - so that could be your Red Frog Pub/cove of choice . If you truly are wanting a Christmas time dive vacation - like others have said, go Western on the Liberty.

Librat! I saw that dolphin dive!!! I want to do that really bad too! LOL

Off to think.......

Have you ever done the Discovery Cove thing? LOVE it! I love dolphins and rays, have a tattoo of each on my person. This below video has nothing to do with either cruise but I thought you might enjoy it. You can see me (briefly) in the tank (Maui Ocean Center Shark Dive). The eagle ray was like a puppy dog "pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFbCPnW1iSE

We have not done Discovery Cove but I really really want too!!! I look at it every year and then put it off. LOL Its kinda dumb really because we could do the next day at Sea World as part of the ticket and make it a full weekend... we just haven't..

That video was awesome... HOLY HUGE PUFFER! That thing was HUGE!. I'm really more of a dog person, so the Eagle Ray would have gotten lots of luvin from me... My Beagle (Portopotomus) would have been jealous! :) Maybe thats a place I need to hit up in the future too! Thanks for sharing!

Archived