Scored a Liberty Hump!!

DH and I are going on the Liberty in December as our Christmas gift to ourselves. Originally I booked us in a Promenade room as it is only a four night cruise. Then I started thinking about how much we enjoy having breakfast on our balcony, and watching the sunset. So I went online today and found that cabin 7340 - the very center of the hump was available!!! Score! :D I don't think that I will tell DH. Just let him open the cabin door and be surprised!!

Not to damper my enthusiasm, but is this a good cabin?

I am hoping you made a good choice, since we booked 7338 for the February 23 sailing :). I did a lot of research first, and booked 54 weeks in advance to get that cabin. Are you sailing on December 15? We are also on that cruise, but in an inside that time. We are trying to answer the "Is a balcony worth it?" question for once and all by taking the same cruise ten weeks apart, first in an inside and then a center hump balcony.

I am hoping you made a good choice, since we booked 7338 for the February 23 sailing :). I did a lot of research first, and booked 54 weeks in advance to get that cabin. Are you sailing on December 15? We are also on that cruise, but in an inside that time. We are trying to answer the "Is a balcony worth it?" question for once and all by taking the same cruise ten weeks apart, first in an inside and then a center hump balcony.

Please come back and report the results of the test!!!! We have wondered that as well

My sis & I are also on that cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday, and we also are on the hump in the middle up on Deck 8. I can't wait to go. Been on many Royal cruises but this is my first on the Liberty so am looking forward to it.

I love the hump on the Freedom class and Navigator class. It is in a great location. It is at the back of the Royal Promenade, very close to the elevators and stairs. You will not have to do much walking to your cabin from there. Enjoy it. I am so jealous.

We are booked on the Freedom next March. Had a hump blacony on the end of the hump. Went on line this past Friday and was able to change it to 6640!! Center of the hump!!! This also is our first hump balcony. Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I overheard DH talking with family on the weekend about how we were booked on an almost inside room (Promenade!) for our December cruise. He sounded a little bit disappointed as I know he love the balcony cabins. Won't he be surprised when he opens the cabin door!!! When we were waiting to pick our son and his wife up from their honeymoon on Freedom last weekend I made a point of pointing out the hump balconies and mentioning how cool they looked! DH says, yeah but they must cost a lot more money. Sure hope that I can keep this secret for five more months! LOL!

I overheard DH talking with family on the weekend about how we were booked on an almost inside room (Promenade!) for our December cruise. He sounded a little bit disappointed as I know he love the balcony cabins. Won't he be surprised when he opens the cabin door!!! When we were waiting to pick our son and his wife up from their honeymoon on Freedom last weekend I made a point of pointing out the hump balconies and mentioning how cool they looked! DH says, yeah but they must cost a lot more money. Sure hope that I can keep this secret for five more months! LOL!

Good luck with keeping it a secret for the next 5 months!!! I know I can't wait until our cruise on Freedom in March. It will be our first cruise with a hump balcony. We are in 6640 the opposite side of you and a floor or two down.

We were on the Explorer this past June and had walked by one of the hump cabins when the door was open. My husband took a peek in and thought they looked bigger and liked that they were close to the elevators. Won't he be surprised when he finds out I was able to change to the center hump cabin from an end one. Hope it's as good as everyone says it is.;):D Can't wait to see the view from end of the ship to the other.

• 4 months later...

Hi. We were on the Liberty 2 weeks ago in hump room, 6338, which was one of the center humps. I am very very picky about rooms and locations, and this was by far the best room I have ever had on a cruise! (of course never stayed in a suite).

The view from the balcony was great. See attached pic. And the room location...even better. It was right by the elevator and stairs, but you could not hear ANYTHING in the room. Very quiet. Also, I could get to the Promenade Cafe in about 30 secs.

I'll book one of these rooms again in an instant next time I'm on a Freedom class ship.

Liberty_6338.jpg.67f399ec9f4128e714b9bfbf394cbfb0.jpg

Keep in mind, that your entire balcony is exposed and can be viewed by people with standard balconies.

We always book higher decks forward, and I can look down to my side and see the entire hump balcony deck, chairs and all.

Just to let people know.

• 1 year later...

Archived