Retired cruising Princess???

suzyed

No. My advice to congress generally would not be to "Do something" but instead to "Quit it!" Maybe we'd be better off if they followed my lead. :rolleyes:

They should take a page out of Lee Iacoca's playbook. "Lead, Follow or get OUT of the way!!!"

What a bunch of funny folks! :D

I would agree that a good portion of Princess cruisers are "of a certain age".

I love the fact that a lot of we "seniors" are such an active bunch. Age is just a number!

I've sat at the inside 'Crooners' bar mid-day, watching what looked like a convalescent home, with people playing solitaire, reading, dozing in their chairs...incredible!
Hmm... Seriously, reading is just for retired seniors? I've been reading since I was a toddler and for many decades, have been rarely without a book in my hand. Guess that makes me an old fart since the age of 3-4.

I love the fact that a lot of we "seniors" are such an active bunch. Age is just a number!
You betcha. In the past three years, I've swum with sharks, snorkeled with sting rays, gone white water tubing in swift rapids, and ridden a camel through the desert in Tunesia (not just a photo op ride). I'm 70 years old and will be sleeping in a tent in Africa for three weeks and going on 2x daily game drives in a couple of months, and next February, will be swimming with turtles in Galapagos. No rocking chair for me! And yes, I know how lucky/fortunate I am. As the saying goes, "You have one life to live" and if you keep putting it off, life will pass you by.

Hmm... Seriously, reading is just for retired seniors? I've been reading since I was a toddler and for many decades, have been rarely without a book in my hand. Guess that makes me an old fart since the age of 3-4.

You betcha. In the past three years, I've swum with sharks, snorkeled with sting rays, gone white water tubing in swift rapids, and ridden a camel through the desert in Tunesia (not just a photo op ride). I'm 70 years old and will be sleeping in a tent in Africa for three weeks and going on 2x daily game drives in a couple of months, and next February, will be swimming with turtles in Galapagos. No rocking chair for me! And yes, I know how lucky/fortunate I am. As the saying goes, "You have one life to live" and if you keep putting it off, life will pass you by.

You go, Pam!!! That sounds wonderful!:)

I wonder why the OP asked this question..? She has not returned.:confused:

We are in our 60's and find that cruiser's ages vary from cruise to cruise. I remember one where it seemed like we were the "teenagers" onboard! :D:D:D

Pam, I love your sense of adventure and your zest for travel experiences.
I'm fortunate to have met a very good friend through a CC roll call six years ago who is just as crazy as I am. We've had some wonderful adventures and probably egg each other on. :)

I actually retired at 30 so I guess I'm part of that group. I didn't tell my employer, mind you. I show up and go through the motions every day (how did people look busy before the internet?), drink free coffee, snag an occasional free lunch, and enjoy stimulating conversations. Life is sweet! See you on the next retirees cruise. :)

Are they hiring at your job???

Oh, we're retired in the same way you are...NOT!

:D;):cool::rolleyes:

Archived