should they be compensated?

S.S.Oceanlover

I know this is the CCL board but I am amazed by the responses on the NCL board about the cruise from NY that is delayed a day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1471344

It is not leaving until Monday instead of today.

It has been reported that NCL will offer no compensation to anybody on the upcoming cruise even though it's shortened from a 7 day cruise to a 6 day cruise.

Most on the board from what I've read on page 1 say those pax don't deserve anything. That's the chance you take cruising in hurricane season.

To me if I paid for a 7 day cruie and it was shortened by a day I'd want 1/7 of my money back.

What do you think?

Bill

I know this is the CCL board but I am amazed by the responses on the NCL board about the cruise from NY that is delayed a day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1471344

It is not leaving until Monday instead of today.

It has been reported that NCL will offer no compensation to anybody on the upcoming cruise even though it's shortened from a 7 day cruise to a 6 day cruise.

Most on the board from what I've read on page 1 say those pax don't deserve anything. That's the chance you take cruising in hurricane season.

To me if I paid for a 7 day cruie and it was shortened by a day I'd want 1/7 of my money back.

What do you think?

Bill

Definitely, I don't even see how it's even a question. Paid for 7, now changed to 6 = refund.

They absolutely are entitled to 1/7th of their cruise fare. They paid for 7 nights, they are only getting 6. I can't even imagine how someone could think otherwise.

me either but you'd be in the minority on that thread.:confused:

At least from the responses I read on page 1. I didn't go any further. I was scratching my head in disbelief.

Thought maybe my thinking was skewed.

In the end I can't see how NCL will not refund their money for the 1 day.

Bill

Definitely credit for 1 night in form of OBC with cash option if not used. Or even a future cruise credit.

Not sure if insurance would help reimburse in this case? Maybe it would help with hotel, but I dont think insurance would even refund your missed night?

me either but you'd be in the minority on that thread.:confused:

At least from the responses I read on page 1. I didn't go any further. I was scratching my head in disbelief.

Thought maybe my thinking was skewed.

In the end I can't see how NCL will not refund their money for the 1 day.

Bill

I took the plunge and read the entire thread...the tide turns a little but there are some that just don't seem to get why these people are owed 1/7th of what they paid since they are only getting 6/7ths of what they paid for.

I think everybody should be compensated for everything. Hard bed, cigarette on balcony, late food, no shrimp cocktail, engine noise, kids on board, rude people, jeans in dining room, room service takes too long, bad seas, too rough to tender, wrong birth certificate, meatloaf, taking away your booze, long lines, no more free booze, don't have your brand beer/soda, flatiron steak, bad weather, sewer small, loud music, blah, blah, blah, all should be compensated for by the cruise line. It's only fair.

I think everybody should be compensated for everything. Hard bed, cigarette on balcony, late food, no shrimp cocktail, engine noise, kids on board, rude people, jeans in dining room, room service takes too long, bad seas, too rough to tender, wrong birth certificate, meatloaf, taking away your booze, long lines, no more free booze, don't have your brand beer/soda, flatiron steak, bad weather, sewer small, loud music, blah, blah, blah, all should be compensated for by the cruise line. It's only fair.

Anybody have a rag? I need to wipe off the dripping sarcasm. Lol

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

LOL thank you!:D

They booked the trip during hurricane season, they gambled and lost. Now they cry about it. Accept it, if they had trip insurance that may temper some of the loss but still they took a chance knowing full well what could happen and it did. Quit whining and crying about a lack of jugdement.

Here's some simple but effective advice, If you don't want your vacation jacked up by a hurricane. DON'T BOOK A CRUISE DURING HURRICANE SEASON.

Isn't the Pride being cut a day short and carnival is compensating cruisers in some way?

on this ship. Carnival gave them a refund for the night they are missing. Of course they are dissappointed that their cruise is shortened by a day, but glad their safety was first and foremost.

They booked the trip during hurricane season, they gambled and lost. Now they cry about it. Accept it, if they had trip insurance that may temper some of the loss but still they took a chance knowing full well what could happen and it did. Quit whining and crying about a lack of jugdement.

Here's some simple but effective advice, If you don't want your vacation jacked up by a hurricane. DON'T BOOK A CRUISE DURING HURRICANE SEASON.

I agree. When you book the hurricane season cruise, you agree to the cruise contract that says that any cruise line can change the cruise for any reason.

Nope, wrong. What we gamble by booking during hurricane season is WHERE we actually may wind up due to weather. We aren't gambling whether we will get only a 6 day cruise, a 3 day cruise or any other number of days. If the line was letting folks board on the proper day but wasn't leaving until the next day, that would be a completely different story, but thats not the case here.

I agree. When you book the hurricane season cruise, you agree to the cruise contract that says that any cruise line can change the cruise for any reason.

Read the contract doesn't say they will shorten it to their liking and you pay the full pop. Change in cabin and itinerary yes.

I have to say that Carnival has been the most compensating for Irene-from refunds to 2 nights in San Juan and airfare to Barbados to catch the rest of the cruise. Definitely Carnival has been the stand out of RCCL and NCL. Go Carnival:) Might be sailing with you more often.

RCCL and NCL should take a lesson on Customer Service from Carnival

Loosing a day is totally different vs. losing a port. When you miss a port, they give you the port charges back. If I'm missing an actual DAY of cruising, then I should get the money back for the food I didn't eat, the bed I didn't sleep in, the show I didn't see, etc.....

Comparing the two scenarios is absurd. And I'll even admit that I'm hardcore about tough tutu if you miss a port. But this is just different. Period.

The thought process that thinks that losing a day of the cruise is a gamble you make when you book during hurricane season is asinine, at best. First of all, hurricane season is from June 1 - November 30, so at least half of the year would be at risk of losing cruise days under that theory. Chances are that those that say no compensation is warranted would feel differently if it were to happen to them. Also, if one day is ok to not be compensated for, how about two, or three, etc. Where do they think the cut off is from what they say is a gambler's loss and what deserves compensation? Absolutely ridiculous.

Missing a port or having them changed is the risk you take, but losing actual cruise days is not. You should absolutely get the number of days that you paid for or be compensated for the difference.

Archived