Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

Tuesday, September 20, 2011--Results Show: Brooke is wearing a glossy, silvery pale grey gown. I rather like this dress, but find it difficult to discern the fabric. It glows like pearls or plastic. It may be a type of satin to give it that pearly glow. It would be a stunning gown for a cruise ship formal night.

The gown is a column fit. I need to see more views. It is strapless with a simple bodice, but the fit is really tight. I'm not sure how Brooke breathes in this fit.

Brooke's hair is hanging free tonight in large, becoming waves.

Hi Kerri......just wondering if you would be interested in moving this thread? In the past a DWTS forum has been posted in the Floataway Lounge. I'm not sure how many posters will think to look here but I bow to your opinion since you started this.

Sandy :)

If you folks want to move this thread, I don't mind. We have had it here because we talk about the fashions and look for gown ideas that we can use on formal nights.

But, anyway, whatever you folks want to do is OK with me.

I kind of think this is a good home for the thread. Of course we talk about the dance but we do spend a lot of time talking about the gowns and costumes...

LOL nebraska, I am 55 and compete in ballroom dancing. In competition I do it is also done by age groups in increments of 10 years. I can tell you for sure this age group is very competitive with strong bodies and not ready to roll over just yet!!

I wondered if Brooks dress was a one shoulder. Her hair to the side I was not sure if it was covering part of the dress, but yes that would be a great cruise gown.

So far the ones in danger seem right to me.

I liked Brooke's dress tonight, even the fit was decent. I thought the color was a sparkly bronze-ish tone on my TV. I also thought it was strapless. It would be gorgeous for a cruise--if I had her body! I liked her hair too.

IMO the right 3 were in the bottom and the right one went home, but I always feel sorry for the one who goes home first, especially after only one dance.

Did not like Brooke's gown tonight. Not a fan of ruching. And the fabric looked more like she was caught in the rain.

Not surprised by who was bumped.

I didn't noticed the ruching, I thought the gown was just poorly fit when it had all those lines going across. I liked the concept of it. Sparkly fabric in a simple cut.

Didn't anyone notice the full length shots we got of Carrie Ann's dress as she and Bruno were dancing on the Judges table! LOL :D

I liked her dress also. The big matching flower/pom pom was nice on the shoulder. I also like that her short dresses never seem to be minis, always at least down to the knee. Maybe it's because she's 43 and I'm 44, but I hate it when someone like Cameron Diaz who's 39 wears a dress that ends at the top of her thighs.

Ron/Metta was my first choice to go home.

Hi all!

Well I think the right person went home. He was a poor dancer & a little scary I thought.

Kerri ~ yes I did notice they showed more of Kerri Ann's gown, quite nice.

I was glad Carson stayed, I miss "Queer Eye" what ever happened to it?:confused:

See you next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all, I just finally got a chance to watch both the shows. Loved the gown Brooke had on the first night blue one, did not care for the silver ? one the second night, just didn't seem to fit right, may be it is just me.

Liked both of Carrie Anns dresses , especially the red one, it was cocktail length , looked good.

The gowns on the dancers , did not care much for Cheryls, or Nancy Graces, did not think Elizabetta's was all that flattering , she should look fab for her size. I was a bit surprized that the Kardasian kid was so stiff, he must not have gotten that from his sisters for goodness sake. Before this I had not seen or know of JR, quite an impressive young man. God Bless him and his courage.

One thing I know Mark is a great dancer, but he just so outdances his partners, it must be hard for his partner, I think it would be nice if he would showcase his partner once in awhile.

Derek is back , and so far OK , I just hope he doesn't start hamming it up to the camera, just don't care for that , but he is a great dancer.

Cori

Week 2 has started. Brooke is wearing a one shouldered black gown that has some unusual shoulder touches. It also appears that the sides of the gown is made up of strings, as you can see some skin. She has her hair up, but in my opinion, it ages her terribly. Not a good look, as she looks much better with her hair down.

Again, Carrie Ann looks good from the chest up in a one shouldered, black sequined dress.

I liked Brooke's dress except I couldn't really tell what was going on with the sides of it; net? straps? I did not care for her hair, thought it looked 60's and aged her.

Carrie Ann's dresses always look so pretty--I just wish we could see all of them.

The scoring seemed really hard to figure out tonight; it seemed like some people were rewarded more for improvement or personality than actual dancing , others (JR) were terrific and yet didn't get the scores. Also, some of the music did not seem to go with the dance styles, which had to make it harder. And, you dance experts, is it right to penalize a 'star' for not doing a 'proper' dance when it is the pros who do the choreography?

Hard to pick a winner yet.

I mostly liked Brooke's gown, her hair was too much though.

I found Ricki and Derek's dance a little disturbing. Too many raunchy moves maybe. I would have liked her dress better if the middle had been hot pink also instead of flesh coloured.

None of the dancers are doing it for me yet, but Chynna Phillips was rocking that beaded and fringed dress.

What was with the audience shots they showed after Nancy Grace's dance? They were just sitting there and not clapping at all? For me that's just plain rude after someone preforms. One website said the producers cut it in to hide her NipSlip, but couldn't they find a clapping shot?

I thought I heard Rob say that his Sister Kim is going to show up next week...oh joy...

I wondered about all those shots of people just sitting there rudely during Nancy Grace's performance too. I understand now about the wardrobe malfunction, but why weren't they clapping? Was there a whole section of Nancy haters?

Besides, why doesn't wardrobe put her in something that contains the girls a little more? It's not a good look for her (or anyone) with that much pushed out the top.

Got our votes this go around, but then we just consider the dancing. Hate Quick Step BTW it's much to do about nothing, limited in forms and sorta silly, and the Jive?? American Rhythm has a lot more to offer IMHO.

As usual, I didn't know these people from Adam's off ox, so MSGCurry explained them to me.

We're taking Argentine Tango tonight, so we'll Tivo the results show. I do look forward to your comments, as I learn a lot.

I did not get to see last nights show, had a dance lesson of my own! But I will watch it before tonights results show.

As to the question of should the star be held accountable for a "wrong" dance the pro has put together.... I would say sure. We know that this is a student/instructor situation and early on the star does not yet have enough knowledge to participate in the routine creation..... But the bottom line is this is partnership dancing and it would just be impossible to judge them seperately. If you are suppose to dance a swing and you come out with a lindy how can the judges honestly judge this...

I think it is equally important for the pro to stay on the show, probably more than even the star. So if they want to take thoes kind of risks then the whole partnership takes the risk.... Perhaps not fair, but how it has to be.

I just do not get Chaz. I just keep thinking that there have been other ladies that have carried just as much weight as he does but from what I read the weight issue has been a huge factor for him.... I am not sure I understand why. On the same note, I dont like the "press" of how much weight the stars are going to loose on DWTS.... To me it just sends the wrong message and motivation of why one wants to dance. Not to mention, long term this is not the way to keep off weight....

Thanks, Smooth Dancer for the clarification on the scoring when a Pro chooses to mess with the style of a certain dance.

When I think more deeply about this, of course it makes sense. Otherwise, the dances would degenerate into everyone just doing their own thing, more freestyle than anything, adjusting the steps too much to their partners abilities and tweaking the required steps.

Then, of course it would be difficult to judge, since everyone would be doing an individual dance, not, say, a jive. I do feel the Pros have a responsibility to their partners to choreograph a dance that follows the rules and doesn't penalize them unfairly--since they usually don't have a lot of input into the actual steps.

Results Show. Brooke is wearing a flesh colored short dress. I really don't like it at all. Not a fan of dresses that make you look nude. There is a sequined pattern at the hem, but on my tv, if it weren't for the sequins, she'd look naked on top.

Archived