What Has Happened to Carnival???

Prettygirl

yup. this is now what sails carnival.

but overall, what annoyed me was how the trash was left over everywhere, and there are not people employed or designated to keep up with it, especially overnight.

junk would be everywhere, trays in elevators, food smushed into the buttons, and cups, food, trays, garbage left everywhere, as if recepticles didn't exist. the morning corridors were pathetic as well, lined with trays of uneaten food, some vandalized with the food on the walls and carpets.

as an early riser, it was sad to see the ship in this condition every morning.

WOW! In 17 Carniva cruises never experienced any of this. Of course, i only cruise when children are in school.

Pat

WOW! In 17 Carniva cruises never experienced any of this. Of course, i only cruise when children are in school.

Pat

My best cruises, hands down, are when the kids are back in school.

Early September and October so far are my favorites.

There are still children, but less of them and they tend to be much better behaved.

I don't want to offend but I have three kids, and I picked the Dream for our up coming cruise because it's a kid friendly cruise. My kids are younger and would never behave like that! Sometimes they get loud but their excited about their vacation. If I hated to cruise with kids, I would cruise with a mature cruise line like holland or celebrity , not a cruise line with a water park. I never saw really bad behaving kids before on any cruise ship. Maybe because I don't pay attention to it. I plan to have fun on my cruise and will disregard all bad reviews.

DH and I just got off the Carnival Dream on 9-3-2011. What a horrible cruise! I have written a review but it has not published yet.

So sorry you had such a horrible experience. We were on the Dream last Nov and didn't see any of the garbage that you saw. I would have said something to the kids putting food back on the buffet and I would have said something to the adults as well, but that's just me. I have a hard time with people without manners such as this.

We are going back on the Dream in 6 weeks and I am sure we will not encounter anything like this. If I do, trust me, I will embarass them.

We were on this same cruise and I totally agree with the OP about the unruly behavior. However, I would have to add that many adults did not show any manners either. The whole experience was so unpleasant that we, too, spent most of the time in our cabin avoiding the pushing, rude crowds. And, yes, the food was not acceptable-it ranged from mediocre to downright disgusting.

This was our 64th cruise in nine years and can honestly state that this was the absolute worst.

Yeah, I just come on here and post things to stir it up.

Yes that is what happened on one of my cruises.

You can live in your fantasyland and believe all children are sugar and spice and everything nice. :rolleyes:

I know better!

Been on 10 cruises all when kids are out of school. Never witnessed anything like that on any cruise so it's not "fantasyland". Therefore, it must have been a very isolated thing if true and you should have done something about it with Carnival security instead of crying about it. You LET kids ruin your good time? Really? And don't tell me the fantasy that security doesn't care. I did have one complaint one cruise and I let security know and it was dealt with. I guess some people would rather complain than have a good time.

Interesting reading.

First the "Hospital Food" Comment. Hospital Food is great and inexpensive. When I worked the Oil Field, we found that the local Hospital actually had the best tasting and cheapest food in Town. So, we would often get Breakfast and Dinner there. (Sandwiches for lunch because we were in the field).

Problems in the Buffet area? Don't eat in the Buffet. That is why there is a MDR. And you will find the only "Brats" are sausages.

Kids blocking the hallways and not letting people pass? Threatening the Adults? First call is to security. Second is a bucket of water. (A bucket of water will end the human chain and not harm the "little Darlings")

Been on 10 cruises all when kids are out of school. Never witnessed anything like that on any cruise so it's not "fantasyland". Therefore, it must have been a very isolated thing if true and you should have done something about it with Carnival security instead of crying about it. You LET kids ruin your good time? Really? And don't tell me the fantasy that security doesn't care. I did have one complaint one cruise and I let security know and it was dealt with. I guess some people would rather complain than have a good time.

You really should go back and read every post.......there were alot that agreed with her that sailed the Dream....

I would have said something to the kids putting food back on the buffet and I would have said something to the adults as well, but that's just me. I have a hard time with people without manners such as this.

We are going back on the Dream in 6 weeks and I am sure we will not encounter anything like this. If I do, trust me, I will embarass them.

I saw fist fights start this way. You say anything to the kids and the parents hear or if the kids go tell the parents. The parents get very angry. They will not blame their kids they will blame you. :eek:

REALLY? Did you not read the entire thread? I never cruise Carnival in the summer season nor holidays that children may be out of school for the very reason people have expressed here, and on other threads at other times, their unfortunate cruises. I find it totally unacceptable that parents can allow their children such freedoms and to not supervise them and be responsible for their behavior. All that being said, my cruise on the Dream, last January, was not a good experience but for other reasons. I will never cruise on the Dream again.

This was my experience.

They roamed in packs and terrorized everyone. On formal night on the promenade deck where all the photos were being taking, they would walk hand-in-hand and make a human linked wall and not let anyone pass. When adults would say "excuse me", the kids actually would throw their fists in the air like they were going to hit the adults and then laugh when the adults flinch and back down.

I saw them throwing the nicely stacked deck chairs off the funnel deck, down to the next level. Either some of the chairs had to have gotten ruined or the wooden deck had to have been chipped. If anyone dares to address these kids, they simply puff out their chests and basically say..."I dare you to touch me!"

That would not fly with me, and I'm not all that big. There is no way I am going to be intimidated by a bunch of young hooligans. I'd just report them if I were alone out on deck with them. But in a public area where there has to be at least some staff around? Believe me, those kids would back down & behave or the racket I would make would get staff attention.

Regarding report of bad kids taking food from the buffet with their bare hands, and then returning the food after taking a bite. I admit I have not cruised on the Dream, but have been on several other cruise ships, a few different cruise lines. Is the buffet set up such that the crew don't have a clear view of the food and the passengers walking through the lines? Any buffets I've seen have a crew member stationed every couple of feet, and they do watch the food in front of them, and how the utensils etc are handled.

I was in the salad bar & hot prepared foods section of a local grocery store, and did see a school age boy who must have had some developmental or behavior problem. He grabbed a serving spoon and stuck the handle in his mouth & then returned it to the tray. His Mom ignored it, I had the feeling she saw but pretended not to, but can't say for certain. I just told a worker in the area about it & he quickly removed the whole tray of food that got contaminated. I had to say something, in good conscience I could not stay silent & let someone serve themself that food later on. It also alerted the staff, and they were watching the kid like an eagle from then on.

I hope the poster who saw the kid putting the contaminated food back said something to the staff.

I think my local hospital has better food than some of what I ate on CCL. My daughter used to candy stripe there and would come home with steak and pastrami sandwiches that would put CCL to shame.

I have pointed out that the demographics of the typical CCL have changed a lot and the behavior of the cruisers and their kids is reflective of that.

With all the other changes CCL has made, call it it the new CCL. One can either accept it, or look elsewhere for better vacation options. I think many will do the latter.

I think my local hospital has better food than some of what I ate on CCL. My daughter used to candy stripe there and would come home with steak and pastrami sandwiches that would put CCL to shame.

I have pointed out that the demographics of the typical CCL have changed a lot and the behavior of the cruisers and their kids is reflective of that.

With all the other changes CCL has made, call it it the new CCL. One can either accept it, or look elsewhere for better vacation options. I think many will do the latter.

Any cruise line may have problems when school is out, had a bad experience on Celebrity during a Christmas break. Have read reviews about out of control kids on just about every line. The better answer is to cruise when kids are in school on the line of your choice. Hey, you may belong to the demographic that line has chosen to make happy.

I posted early about the rates following the school year. I can tell the exact week school lets out for the summer and when it starts again just by looking at the rates change for the sailings out of Galveston. Has nothing to do with hurricane season. Can also find out when Texas spring break is that same way, just look at the rates.

I thought hurricane season STARTS in June.:rolleyes:

Officially you are correct if you follow AOML (Atlantic Oceanic Meteorological Laboratory) which is June 1 to November 20th, can be wrong since it has been awhile since I took my geological sciences in college, but honestly this year and many years before majority of the severe hurricanes happen in August and September. The first actual hurricane this year was Irene the rest were tropical storms. Why most I love hurricanes :rolleyes:

But apparently its always hurricane season on carnival ships with these unruly children.

Eh. I remember when I was on the Dream: I got yelled at for smoking a cigar, for a celebration for my friends marriage on the ship. I got yelled at for drinking sitting on the bench by the pool. I got yelled at for taking my bottle of wine that I paid for from the dining room. I got yelled at for a lot actually, but kids throwing plates like frisbees off the ship is ok. But I dont let it bother me because Im their to relax I just put my shades and earphones on and ignore everything with DOD in hand with the sun tanning my pale skin.

yelled at? i can't imagine being yelled at by anybody. yelled at by whom?

Any cruise line may have problems when school is out, had a bad experience on Celebrity during a Christmas break. Have read reviews about out of control kids on just about every line. The better answer is to cruise when kids are in school on the line of your choice. Hey, you may belong to the demographic that line has chosen to make happy.

I posted early about the rates following the school year. I can tell the exact week school lets out for the summer and when it starts again just by looking at the rates change for the sailings out of Galveston. Has nothing to do with hurricane season. Can also find out when Texas spring break is that same way, just look at the rates.

actually, our experience has been the low priced summer cruises that attract this type of cruiser.

i basically chart available cruises, unfortunately after i've booked, and we find the frequency of this outlandished behaviour increases as the fare for that sailing decreases.

i remember my first summer cruise was to bermuda, and thought, "summer sailings weren't so bad", until i found myself on an "average" cruise.

I saw fist fights start this way. You say anything to the kids and the parents hear or if the kids go tell the parents. The parents get very angry. They will not blame their kids they will blame you. :eek:

You cannot allow this type of behavior to go on without saying something. It just continues if you allow it. Putting food back on the buffet after taking a bite is disgusting and I will not let it go without saying how crude the person is that did the act and I will tell the parent that as well. Don't want to get into a fight, but I will stand up against this type of behavior.

You cannot allow this type of behavior to go on without saying something. It just continues if you allow it. Putting food back on the buffet after taking a bite is disgusting and I will not let it go without saying how crude the person is that did the act and I will tell the parent that as well. Don't want to get into a fight, but I will stand up against this type of behavior.

We should all do this. It really is disgusting.

I have no choice but to cruise in the summer months cause i have kids but out of 5 cruise's loaded with kids i very rarely saw any! The most i see is kids playing in the elevators pushing all the floor buttons and leaving drinks in there. A few running in the halls but i put a stop to that by bursting out my cabin and body checking them...by accident of course which puts a stop to it! I agree though if people don't like kids cruise while they are in school...or should i say if there wasn't so many parents that just don't care what there kids do this wouldn't happen. I watch mine and while not perfect i stop them from doing things that would bother me on a cruise!

Archived