Who loves a good reuben?

kevinandrenay

Every once in a while I like to have a good reuben sandwich. We have been on a few Princess cruises and I only remember seeing them a time or two. Does anyone know if they offer them in one of the dining areas or IC?

Thanks,

Kevin

As I recall, it is sometimes offered in the IC where they can toast it like a panini.

They had reubens for lunch in the HC on Sapphire this past April. They were very good but I didn't see them after that one time.

I'll have to be on the lookout for them. Did not see them at the IC on the Golden in January.

Every once in a while I like to have a good reuben sandwich. We have been on a few Princess cruises and I only remember seeing them a time or two. Does anyone know if they offer them in one of the dining areas or IC?

Thanks,

Kevin

"Good" depends on your standard.

AS others say, the MDR sometime offers them at lunch, but Katz Deli they ain't.

Thanks,

Kevin

Can't say I have seen a reuben but have had the Monte Cristo,which is close to a reuben in the main dinning room for lunch.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

"Good" depends on your standard.

AS others say, the MDR sometime offers them at lunch, but Katz Deli they ain't.

That's because they are using "round" corned beef and not a good kosher style corned beef brisket that you'd get at Katz or any really good deli. It's hard to believe that they're really serving up any quality deli meats in the Horizon buffet.

I love 'em but have never seen them offered.

You just haven't looked hard enough. ;) You will find reubens at least once on every Princess cruise; in Horizon Ct. as well as the diningroom. I'm a very picky eater, but this is something I love, so I guarantee you if you seek, you will find.

Can't say I have seen a reuben but have had the Monte Cristo,which is close to a reuben in the main dinning room for lunch.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

Monte Cristo is nothing like a reuben. MC is ham, turkey, swiss and egg. How does that compare to pastrami or corned beef and sauerkraut?

Monte Cristo is nothing like a reuben. MC is ham, turkey, swiss and egg. How does that compare to pastrami or corned beef and sauerkraut?

Glad you said that Pia. I was still scratching my head over that comparison.. A reuben is like a MC, like an apple is like a banana. Rueben and MC's are both sandwiches like apples and bananas are fruits.

Glad you said that Pia. I was still scratching my head over that comparison.. A reuben is like a MC, like an apple is like a banana. Rueben and MC's are both sandwiches like apples and bananas are fruits.

You know Phyl, my food repetoire is so small compared to the rest of the world, that when I like something.......... people applaud. ;)

Thanks for all of your posts. I agree that a reuben on the ship will not be as good as one at a great deli but I am sure it will still be good. I figure a good reuben is better then no reuben at all.

We did 1 Carnival cruise and they had them every day in the buffet. I have to say I only had one. It was not very good. I figure Princess may do better.

I will ask in the dining room and see what they say.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

Close how? As in both are sandwiches? So's a peanut butter and jelly, which is as much like a Reuben as a Monte Cristo is. Surely Seattle has a kosher deli. Go, explore, eat: you will learn much, grasshopper.

You know Phyl, my food repetoire is so small compared to the rest of the world, that when I like something.......... people applaud. ;)

I would have applauded but I was too busy falling off my chair in shock . . . !

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin;

Love a good Reuben. Long as there's some good wine to go with it. I'd have beer but Princess has, imho, a very lacking selection of beer.....

Bob

Archived