LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

GOING ASHORE IN COZUMEL - THE SECOND ATTEMPT

SNATCHING VICTORY FROM THE JAWS OF STUPIDITY

SUCCESS, SWEET SUCCESS :D

We returned to our cabin, dropped off my cane, picked up the walkers and headed back down to the gangway. My "Big Guy" walker is too wide to pass one of the Cabin Attendant Carts so I had to lift it over the carts. Luckily I was still pumped full of adrenalin from the First Attempt so there was no problem.

That has just made me have a great laugh

Trainman, Have enjoyed your live thread so much.

Thanks for the info on the tub in the JS. If we ever do a JS it will be a HC room as we need that for DH to get his scooter in the room.

Love the weirner dog pics. I had a long hair red named Max and he was the best. Sure miss him.

Hey Jim and Judith!

Have really enjoyed going along on your cruise this week. So glad that you met my cruise buddy Rev. I hope you got to my my other buddies Franca and Bill (the Captain) as well. Please tell them hello for me, although you have probably already gone out for the evening!

I am nearing retirement and maybe I will be able to cruise with you guys in the near future. I will look forward to it!

Thank you for a great week, Trainman, great review as always! Red Dog and Spotty sure are cute, they will be very happy to see you! And your pool looks lovely. Is ZOLTAR the one from the (Tom Hanks) movie, 'Big'? I always thought that amusement park machine was a little on the scary side!

The Small Wonders are very interesting, thank you for sharing the photos and information. A friend of mine bought a few pieces of beautiful amber jewelry during her Baltic cruise a few years ago. Enjoy being back home this weekend and we'll look forward to hearing from you LIVE in January! :)

for your time and energy in putting this together. do not know if we will do the Oasis/Allure OTS but your photo tours made seem like I was there. Kind of like seeing a ground level view of a place I have never been to on Google Earth and feeling you have been there before when you get there.

P.S. Can I use a non-grape jelly or jam and still make a trainman2 breakfast sandwich???

Thanks again.

Trainman - Thank you so much for spending your valuable vacation time to write and take photos throughout the entire week. We will also sail the western next summer. Hopefully one day DH & I will sail as much as like you when we retire but still a long way to go. So far, we only can go once or twice a year.

Good luck and take care. Thank you again to you and Judith.

Happy cruising.

Now that the week is coming to a close, which ship do you prefer, The Big boy or Freedom and why.

Special thanks for the fantastic review once again. You know Trainman you have quite a following, you must know. All of your fans have watched your post daily and really enjoyed waiting to see what was next. Great work and thank you thank you. Also, pass along a special thank you to Judith for our enjoyment, she has given up alot of her time with you, so we each could enjoy your post. Special Lady I am sure. I wonder if on that first Freedom cruise she had any idea how many folks would be peeking in on her honeymoon.Congratulations to both of you. Will be watching for the January cruise. Safe travels home, util next time....So Long

We nave nothing special planned for today.

I will be hauling Judith around the ship to show her some places we haven't been to yet.

I think it would take several weeks to see every spot on the ship.

Thanks so very much Jim for putting up with me and all my questions. You have been great. Thank you Judith for sharing him with all of us this week. I am so glad you two found each other! Hopefully we'll sail together -- live and in person -- again some day so I can meet the lovely lady who is now part of your life. It sounds like this was the best honeymoon cruise that only one could possibly have!

Trainman, Have enjoyed your live thread so much.

Thanks for the info on the tub in the JS. If we ever do a JS it will be a HC room as we need that for DH to get his scooter in the room.

Love the weirner dog pics. I had a long hair red named Max and he was the best. Sure miss him.

If you will stop by at the Oct 1 Oasis thread after the 8th, I'm sure I will have a link there to pictures. We have a handicap cabin -- D5 in price but a Jr Suite like Trainman's in size. DH will have a scooter for this ship. Since you never get to see the inside of one of these cabins (it does not have a tub, it has an oversize shower with seat) I will be taking quite a few pictures to share with everyone.

Thank you very much Trainman!

It's been a great, enjoyable and fun week to follow your "Live" report and see all those great pictures. Thanks again for taking your time to post all the info and the pictures! :)

Looking forward for your next "Live" report in Jan.

Have a safe trip back home!

Sunset In The Caribbean...

DSCN3847.jpg

DSCN3843.jpg

It Is Time To Say "Goodbye!"

We have finished packing and the suitcases are sitting in the hallway outside the room. It has been a great cruise and we owe RCI a special thanks for the upgrade to the Junior Suite.

We have made a bunch of new friends on the ship and her on the CC Boards.

I have a few prepaid minutes left and I may check in in the morning before we debark. I will post some more photos and review the thread for any questions that I missed this weekend.

Our Next Cruise Will Be on the Allure, Sailing 15 January 2012

Happy Cruising Everyone,

Trainman & Judith

Archived