LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

At every port with a long pier the cruise line should provide golf carts for those who cannot walk long distances. We travel with my 82 year old sister who is in pretty good shape for her age but gets very tired when forced to walk long distances. Last time in Labadee we got one of those big wheeled chairs for her to get from the ship to our cabana and then back to the ship. A couple of golf carts would sure be nice!

Glad you finally made it!

I have never seen golf carts at the RCCL pier in Cozumel and I have been there more times than I can remember. They do have the bicycle actually tricycle that has a pedal driver and sits 2 to 3 people that are usually available for a small tip.

Great pictures! Those piers look really long and the pavers at both Cozumel and Falmouth look impressive.

I noticed you posted that the all aboard time at Falmouth was at 5:30pm. Is 90 minutes earlier than departure time on the Oasis/Allure the usual because of so many passengers??

BTW, I love Judith's hat at Jamica!!:)

Dinner In The MDR

I accidentally hit a button or combination of buttons on my camera and now it is acting "funny" so forgive the photos please.

There are the menus

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3784.jpg

Judith had the Sirloin Steak from the Alternative Menu

DSCN3787.jpg

I had the Pork Loin

DSCN3786.jpg

Both were good...

My CPAP is actually a Bi-PAP and I do nit travel with the humidifier so it is pretty small.

Ask Jon to check with this Doctor/supplier on getting a newer, more modern, and much smaller CPAP. Insurance companies treat them differently but they replaced mine with a new unit after 4 years and I gave my old on to my Doctor who passed it on to someonw without insurance.

The Bathroom has a built in, always on, night light that provides enough light for normal use and leaves some light coming our from under the door.

Jon has a type of sleep apnea that he needs this special machine that monitors the amount of air he is exhaling. The hose has a return air supply tube so it can ramp up the pressure when Jon stops breathing, then sound an alarm if he still doesn't take a breath (or if the small hose get crimped!). But anyway, because it does so much, it's much bigger. Even with the humidifier off it's not any smaller! :eek:

I have never seen golf carts at the RCCL pier in Cozumel and I have been there more times than I can remember. They do have the bicycle actually tricycle that has a pedal driver and sits 2 to 3 people that are usually available for a small tip.

At the International Pier were RCL docks, I have never even see the bike/tricycle transport. Only at the Downtown Pier when RCL docked there once long ago. I know because we hopped a ride on one. :D Guess Jon is going to do the wheelchair because the scooter will never make it into a taxi and there is no way he can walk it. Thanks Trainman for the heads up!!!!!

There has been talk on our Oasis thread about a coupon in the Diamond & Plus book for a discount on the calls to phone home. The word on the street is: with the coupon the charge per minute, for use of the cabin phone to the US, is $2. And it is good for the whole cruise. This is quite a saving from the typical $7.95 fee and cheaper than using your cell phone. Is this the truth or a rumor?

There has been talk on our Oasis thread about a coupon in the Diamond & Plus book for a discount on the calls to phone home. The word on the street is: with the coupon the charge per minute, for use of the cabin phone to the US, is $2. And it is good for the whole cruise. This is quite a saving from the typical $7.95 fee and cheaper than using your cell phone. Is this the truth or a rumor?

not sure but i think it's $2.00 off.

Coupon:

"$2 USD per minute stateroom phone rate. (75% discount)

Present this certificate to the Guest Services or Purser's Desk to receive a 75% discount on your stateroom phone call charges for the entire sailing. Phone calls must be made from your stateroom. Photocopies not accepted."

So don't be running off to the Xerox machine Ruthie. ;) It's in the D+/Pinnacle coupon book. I don't know about the others.

:)

We are docked in Cozumel!

These next two photos show the location of the life boats. The folks on the ship refer to the area that sticks out as the "Bulge" not the "Hump"

If you check the deck plans, the hall way outside out room is straight. On the ships with "Humps" the hallway actually curves out around the elevators.

.....Interesting differentiation. Thanks for the terminology.

..... These next two pics are a couple of the most beautiful you've posted. Remind me to get up early!

DSCN3735.jpg

DSCN3736.jpg

Looking straight down from our balcony the water is a beautiful blue.

..... Anybody up for a SWIM!!!!!!

My gosh, this is the most inviting picture! Glad you ended up having a nice day in Cozumel. Sorry to hear that you were hassled. Don't they know it's TRAINMAN they're dealing with! Sheesh!

DSCN3737.jpg

More later...

Archived