Non-Haven Guests can now Dine with Haven Guests for $25

crusinmama06

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We would like to stress that this policy was put in place as a courtesy to our Haven guests who are traveling with family and friends and want to have a special dining experience with them once or twice during their cruise.

We want to clarify that it is for dinner only and they have no access to any of the private areas except the restaurant and a drink in the Epic Lounge before dinner.

The integrety of our Haven remains private and is for Suite guests only. The only enhancement is that now Haven guest have to option to invite their friends or family for dinner.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Thanks for the clarification. As long as this option is only for dinner, I don't see the problem.

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We would like to stress that this policy was put in place as a courtesy to our Haven guests who are traveling with family and friends and want to have a special dining experience with them once or twice during their cruise.

We want to clarify that it is for dinner only and they have no access to any of the private areas except the restaurant and a drink in the Epic Lounge before dinner.

The integrety of our Haven remains private and is for Suite guests only. The only enhancement is that now Haven guest have to option to invite their friends or family for dinner.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

I also would like to thank you for the clarification. NCL seems to be one of the only lines who will come on the boards and post information such as this. (some lines seem to avoid CC'ers like the plague... Carnival, for one!!!)

VERY helpful and appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Great perk

The Epic Club is beautiful and the Epic lounge is amazing. But the Epic lounge was dead most nights I sailed. So maybe they are trying to lure guests to show off the Haven. In any event, this situation benefits everyone from guests of the Haven, friends of guests, and of course NCL who wil make some money.

To me this is a "bait and switch." I bought Villa/Haven suites for the family for Thanksgiving week a looong tme ago and I expected to get what I was told/sold at time of booking and final payment. This policy change and how it was done (I didn't get an email even though they have mine of course; had to read about it here) will probably keep me off of NCL going forward. :confused:

To me this is a "bait and switch." I bought Villa/Haven suites for the family for Thanksgiving week a looong tme ago and I expected to get what I was told/sold at time of booking and final payment. This policy change and how it was done (I didn't get an email even though they have mine of course; had to read about it here) will probably keep me off of NCL going forward. :confused:

Then again, perhaps your upcoming trip on the Epic will be so... EPIC... that you realize it's a drop in the ocean. That is my expectation -- sailing as soon as the Thanksgiving sailing returns!!!

Tom

This was another poster's issue back a ways in this thread, see post #77 for my reply to this.

I think, this will at this point, be a non-issue for most and probably wouldn't even be noticed if you didn't know it was happening. And most probably don't know it's happening already in Cagney's if someone can sweet talk the consierge into allowing their cousin's cousins to join them for breakfast.

But since you say this is past your final payment you are then within 3 months of your cruise. Therefore, I'm sure you will see for yourself shortly whether this did anything to impact your vacation. If so I guess moving on is your choice.

My suggestion is don't worry about unless you find it does take something from you and then make the decision.

I notice that folks are now speculating that we will now include Cagney's. Nowhere is that mentioned or even hinted at. This is a special deal for Haven. As I said earlier and now someone else mentioned, I doubt you will even notice the difference, and if you do and can verify it, complain while your aboard.

I notice that folks are now speculating that we will now include Cagney's. Nowhere is that mentioned or even hinted at. This is a special deal for Haven. As I said earlier and now someone else mentioned, I doubt you will even notice the difference, and if you do and can verify it, complain while your aboard.

Oh no rvsullivan I was not speculating at all, you read my post incorrectly.

The only reason I mentioned Cagneys (a suite only perk at breakfast and lunch) was to make a point that the average (non CCer) probably doesn't even know that there are others dining in there besides those who paid and therefore doesn't take away from their suite experience. So I doubt very much if someone didn't know there was 2 other invited guests, that it would in any way impact again their suite experience.

Cagneys is a pay restaurant (for dinner) for everyone including suite guests. On Epic, there is no Cagneys breakfast because of the Epic Club. NCL stated the policy only was for dinner. So the other ships that have a Cagneys lunch and dinner wont be affected by this.

Oh no rvsullivan I was not speculating at all, you read my post incorrectly.

The only reason I mentioned Cagneys (a suite only perk at breakfast and lunch) was to make a point that the average (non CCer) probably doesn't even know that there are others dining in there besides those who paid and therefore doesn't take away from their suite experience. So I doubt very much if someone didn't know there was 2 other invited guests, that it would in any way impact again their suite experience.

Sorry, must have left my reading glasses off.:o:o

In principal I agree with this, but, I am going forward with an open mind. After pondering this issue for a bit, it seems to me that the last thing NCL wants to do is aggravate their suite guests. I would expect that they will manage the issue in such a way so it is not disruptive to guests who choose not to invite guests to the Haven area for dinner. This would include me, as we are traveling alone.

In principal I agree with this, but, I am going forward with an open mind. After pondering this issue for a bit, it seems to me that the last thing NCL wants to do is aggravate their suite guests. I would expect that they will manage the issue in such a way so it is not disruptive to guests who choose not to invite guests to the Haven area for dinner. This would include me, as we are traveling alone.

I think this is very wise and well thought out. I'm sure you will have a delightful cruise.

I would agree!!

NCL is really in the business of making people happy. True things do happen, and with 2000+ people on every week, week in and week out...you can't make EVERYONE happy.:eek:

I really see this as an attempt to do just that. Make people happy. They really do try to always say "yes" to whatever you want. But sometimes the "yes" comes with conditions.:cool:

People that PAY BIG MONEY to be in the Haven style suites, are also wanting special considerations sometimes. I have no doubt that the concierge is constantly bombarded with "my mom/brother/neighbor/bff is in an inside cabin, but WE have a Haven Suite, can they join us for dinner?" It seems small to us and if the concierge says "no", he has upset his guest. If he says "yes" I have no doubt some take advantage of this.

So what's all this about?? NCL, again, is saying YES! :D But it's with conditions:

IF you have a Haven Suite and want to bring a guest to dinner...YES YOU CAN. But you can only bring two, and you can only do it twice, and it will cost you $25pp.

I don't find that unreasonable at all. It's far more fair than them joining for free and frazzling the concierge. AND, I agree with David and a few other posters....I don't see the Haven folks and their traveling non-suite companions taking a lot of advantage of this.

We are on VACATION! Let's have FUN! :D:D

Just curious, having been on EPIC twice....but what's "the Lido"? I don't recall having seen it there...

"Lido" is just the colloquial term for the buffet. I even think The Love Boat referred to it, must have been on the "Lido Deck", where the pool was.

My mother and I play trivia and we became a team with two other couples and twice during the cruise we had dinner together. I could see us taking them once or twice.

What this "rule" does it cut down on freeloaders, especially those who try to get suite perks extended for non suite family and friends for the whole cruise. Now, here is the biggest question I have... Will NCL enforce this policy for ALL? Or will some get an exception?

Once again it should be clear: want suite perks for ALL? The whole cruise? Then book ALL in a suite!!!

I think the policy is reasonable however I would allow people to bring their immediate minor kids 17 & u to dinner as many times as they wish but they still pay the up charge for them, but do it on a space avialable reservation basis.

Those who say buy a suite for the kids. I see your point but then if you force people to pay that much (for 2 suites) people may choose to book other lines like crystal reagent... verandah rooms for the about the same price (or less if you count all the inclusives)

I think the policy is reasonable however I would allow people to bring their immediate minor kids 17 & u to dinner as many times as they wish but they still pay the up charge for them, but do it on a space avialable reservation basis.

Only one problem with this. NCL does not allow children under the age of 21 to have a cabin to themselves.

"Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation."

Therefore if you were getting another cabin for you immediate minor kids "17 & under" and no one else was travelling with you. You would have to register one of the adults with the minors. Therefore I think probably your bigger issue was your partner would not be able to join you more than twice without paying extra.

Only one problem with this. NCL does not allow children under the age of 21 to have a cabin to themselves.

"Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation."

Therefore if you were getting another cabin for you immediate minor kids "17 & under" and no one else was travelling with you. You would have to register one of the adults with the minors. Therefore I think probably your bigger issue was your partner would not be able to join you more than twice without paying extra.

Do you think they would enforce this? We sailed on Princess when our kids were both under 18--we had two cabins, and they required that we list the cabins with one adult in each, but we (wife and I) stayed in one, the kids in another. The cabin stewards knew, and there were no issues with the switcheroo.

Do you think they would enforce this? We sailed on Princess when our kids were both under 18--we had two cabins, and they required that we list the cabins with one adult in each, but we (wife and I) stayed in one, the kids in another. The cabin stewards knew, and there were no issues with the switcheroo.

I have no idea, nor do I really care as my children are far past the minor or young adult age.

I was just pointing out that if a suite did not have an adjoining suite room this may be an issue because of the rules. If they enforced this, that I thought the bigger concern in that situation would be my partner ;)

Archived