Non-Haven Guests can now Dine with Haven Guests for $25

crusinmama06

I could care less either way on this argument

But I have a question. Does anyone think this will spike group cruisers to book one suite and have the rest of their family or friends in a regular cabin?

No.

Total of 2 visits, with 4 guests tops each visit, and this is just to eat. Only the lounge or the meal is included in the $25 per head tariff.

In some ways this may actually cut down on people bringing family members in. Before, some suite guests would badger the Concierge to allow non-suite family members to be allowed to dine with them. If they are now told they can, but have to pay $25 per person for the privelege they may decide it's not worth it. It's funny how people can become much more particular when they have to pay for it. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

I don't know why NCL has a specific evening restaurant for Haven guests anyway....<snip>.... I'm sure that it is all managed through dining reservations not to detract from Haven guests experience.

First of all, there are no reservations for dining in the Epic club. Like the rest of the ship, it's freestyle and you go when you want (when they are serving).

As for the point of it...well, we found it be by far the best restaurant on the ship. It has it's own kitchen, and a very different menu than you'd find in the rest of the ship. The food and service were always excellent, and I thought it was a nice, exclusive perk that added value for the money to the Haven experience.

In some ways this may actually cut down on people bringing family members in. Before, some suite guests would badger the Concierge to allow non-suite family members to be allowed to dine with them. If they are now told they can, but have to pay $25 per person for the privelege they may decide it's not worth it. It's funny how people can become much more particular when they have to pay for it. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Bingo! This reminds me of an old joke about a guy who has a house across the street from the ballpark. He puts up No Parking signs, but people park in his driveway anyways. So he puts up No Parking - Police Will be Called. Still he always gets one or two cars every home game. He escalates it with No Parking - Violators will be Towed. Blithely ignored by everyone parking in his driveway.

He finally solves the problem forever by changing the sign to Parking: $20 per hour.

:) Outstanding move, NCL. Now let's see how many of the special occasions are really that special if they will not be free.

Bingo! This reminds me of an old joke about a guy who has a house across the street from the ballpark. He puts up No Parking signs, but people park in his driveway anyways. So he puts up No Parking - Police Will be Called. Still he always gets one or two cars every home game. He escalates it with No Parking - Violators will be Towed. Blithely ignored by everyone parking in his driveway.

He finally solves the problem forever by changing the sign to Parking: $20 per hour.

:) Outstanding move, NCL. Now let's see how many of the special occasions are really that special if they will not be free.

Good point!

Now I wonder how many people who travel in suites that think they are entitled to extend suite perks to other friends and family will actuly ante up?

And for people like me who like to follow the rules it sorta evens the playing field.

I don't know why NCL has a specific evening restaurant for Haven guests anyway - the point of NCL is to dine Freestyle - where and when you want - not have an assigned dining room/table. It makes sense for breakfast and lunch to have this private restaurant, but not for dinner. I have stayed in the Courtyard and I like the exclusivity, but not for dinner - dinner, I like to go out. I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm sure that it is all managed through dining reservations not to detract from Haven guests experience.

I don't think this violates Freestyle at all. The Haven Club is not an assigned dining room, no one is being forced to go there. It just gives suite passengers one more venue to choose from.

From NCL's perspective, the breakfast and lunch at Cagney's perk seems to be a favourite. It makes sense that they'd want to extend that experience to dinner without having to close off one of their specialty restaurants.

Effective Sunday, September 18th, guests staying in The Haven can invite non-Haven guests to join them in The Haven Restaurant for a fee of $25 per person. This fee will also grant guests access to The Haven Lounge. Guests of The Haven are entitled to invite up to four guests a maximum of two times per sailing. Children may be part of the invitation and will be counted as part of the total. Reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis based on seating availability. For more information on the special amenities available for guests staying in The Haven, visit

www.thehaven.ncl.com

At first read, of course I was thinking DINNER. Can I assume it would apply to Breakfast and Lunch as well?

Tom

At first read, of course I was thinking DINNER. Can I assume it would apply to Breakfast and Lunch as well?

Tom

From the sparse description given, I would think it would apply to all meals.

Now who would pay $25 for breakfast... *shrug* People be crazy.

From the sparse description given, I would think it would apply to all meals.

Now who would pay $25 for breakfast... *shrug* People be crazy.

LOL - some people seem to REALLY love the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict!! :D (Though I have no interest in anything CRAB in the morning - but, I am not a crab fanatic at other times of the day either!)

Tom

LOL - some people seem to REALLY love the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict!! :D (Though I have no interest in anything CRAB in the morning - but, I am not a crab fanatic at other times of the day either!)

Tom

Seconded--I don't get the crab thing... though this "steak in the morning" thing is intriguing... ;)

I do know that French press coffee is addictive, though it is also available for $5.99 at the coffee shop. I tried to figure out a way to justify my suite during my last cruise by counting what I was getting addicted to. Raquel's assistance with getting my sick kid to the Cozumel ER pretty much obliterated any accounting, though. *laughing*

I think this is a good idea. It gives NCL a way to accommodate those who insist on bringing guests. And it also limits the number of guests for those willing to pay the price.

I think the end result will be that most people won't want to pay the $25/pp fee for a breakfast/lunch opposed to dinner. I bet the end result is that they don't end up with very many additional guests. This will probably be more effective at restricting guests than the previous policy.

From the NCL Site: "Welcome to a private world of luxury at sea - a ship-within-a-ship reserved exclusively for Norwegian's special guests. Each elegant suite and villa in The Haven provides you with the finest amenities, and the expert services of our concierge and 24-hour butlers. Step outside your residence and you'll enter a secluded Courtyard where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy. We call it The Haven by Norwegian. You'll call it pure paradise"

This, like just about all advertising, is patently a load of c**p. first they show pictures of someone's little darling running around - that itself is enough to ruin the atmosphere. Now they will let in even more people - if they pay for the privilege.

Does anyone really think the visitors to the EPIC Club will be immediately asked to leave the premises after dining there? What if they want to use the lounge for before or after cocktails. Perhaps they choose to sit at the pool to enjoy their drinks. How long can they stay?

Either the Haven is a special place for suite quests or it's just another crowded, noisy spot.

I see little reason to continue to book suites on NCL if this is what it will turn out to be.

From the NCL Site: "Welcome to a private world of luxury at sea - a ship-within-a-ship reserved exclusively for Norwegian's special guests. Each elegant suite and villa in The Haven provides you with the finest amenities, and the expert services of our concierge and 24-hour butlers. Step outside your residence and you'll enter a secluded Courtyard where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy. We call it The Haven by Norwegian. You'll call it pure paradise"

This, like just about all advertising, is patently a load of c**p. first they show pictures of someone's little darling running around - that itself is enough to ruin the atmosphere. Now they will let in even more people - if they pay for the privilege.

Does anyone really think the visitors to the EPIC Club will be immediately asked to leave the premises after dining there? What if they want to use the lounge for before or after cocktails. Perhaps they choose to sit at the pool to enjoy their drinks. How long can they stay?

Either the Haven is a special place for suite quests or it's just another crowded, noisy spot.

I see little reason to continue to book suites on NCL if this is what it will turn out to be.

How would you go about identifying those who are suite guests and those who are not ??:confused:

NCL sent it out this morning through their NCL Agent News - that is directly from them. ;)

I hate to question anyone and I know that the OP is a 17k plus poster.

But where exactly can we find the press release form NCL?

We are just takling someone's word for something, however well

intentioned.

If this was in response to so many people asking for special consideration for their friends, can I ask why this was allowed to be a "problem" (if it is) in the first place. How do other cruiseline keep their suite privileges "private?" It should have been ~ if you want suite privileges ... book a suite. JMO;)

Archived