Non-Haven Guests can now Dine with Haven Guests for $25

crusinmama06

I think the policy is reasonable however I would allow people to bring their immediate minor kids 17 & u to dinner as many times as they wish but they still pay the up charge for them, but do it on a space avialable reservation basis.

Those who say buy a suite for the kids. I see your point but then if you force people to pay that much (for 2 suites) people may choose to book other lines like crystal reagent... verandah rooms for the about the same price (or less if you count all the inclusives)

This is for the Haven guests only. Not just "any suite". So if you have anyone, minor or not, staying in your Haven suite, they can eat in the Haven restaurant.

This policy just simply lets a Haven guest bring one or two friends, to dinner with them for $25 each friend. And they are only allowed to do that twice on the whole cruise.

We just got an upsell to the Haven suite and was wondering what type of food do they serve at the Haven Resturant. Thought about inviting my DM (who does not know that we will be on board) my DS and her DH for my moher's birthday dinner. Was wondering if it is worth the $25 each for them or go to a speciality resturant

By the way all will be over 25 (LOL) since I am retired and my DS is 2 years younger

Tom

Thank you very much we are sailing on the Jewel so I guess they will have similar menu

The Suite breakfast & lunch (no dinner) will be in Cagney's. There is no Haven restaurant on the Jewel. The change being discussed on this thread is currently ONLY for the Epic.

This is for the Haven guests only. Not just "any suite". So if you have anyone, minor or not, staying in your Haven suite, they can eat in the Haven restaurant.

This policy just simply lets a Haven guest bring one or two friends, to dinner with them for $25 each friend. And they are only allowed to do that twice on the whole cruise.

Don't ALL suites have access to the Haven? On Epic?

:confused:

According to this a spa suite is not just any suite:

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

epicExclusive_callout_icon.gif

Epic_SpaSuite_184x133.jpg Prices from $3,649

The Spa Suites, built for two, are a great way to experience a total spa vacation. These suites feature a queen-size circular bed, in suite hot tub, spa décor and entry to the Mandara Spa experience, including complimentary access to the thermal suites. In addition to the private balcony with incredible views and luxury bathroom, you'll also have exclusive access to the Courtyard area, Concierge Lounge and private restaurant and bar. Includes butler and concierge service. Guests under 18 are not allowed in the thermal suites.

The Suite breakfast & lunch (no dinner) will be in Cagney's. There is no Haven restaurant on the Jewel. The change being discussed on this thread is currently ONLY for the Epic.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. We have had suites before and ate at Cagneys but never sailed on the Jewel. On the perks list we received from our PPC it mentions access to the Day Lounge and Courtyard with breakfast and lunch at Cagney's but I figured with the referb of the Jewel that they added a resturant in the courtyard

There are 7 Penthouses without Haven access: http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/the-villas/

Probably the better way to put that is those Penthouses are not part of the suite complex (being on the aft of the ship), but do have access (via key card) to all suite amenities and areas of that complex.

Tom

Probably the better way to put that is those Penthouses are not part of the suite complex (being on the aft of the ship), but do have access (via key card) to all suite amenities and areas of that complex.

Tom

What a misleading page! I interpreted their star completely differently, along with the difference in names between the 2 rooms.

Wow... that's a ton of guests to share such a small courtyard.

It seems that they have had issues with such things (who has access to what) early on - and part of the problem was their own webpages!

Tom

Seems like it would be an easy fix.. Call the aft penthouses "Courtyard Aft penthouse" and add an "All penthouses (regardless of location) have access to the Haven facilities."

Tom

thats exactly what it does say

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

• Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Luxurious bathroom

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

*Not part of The Villas complex

There are 7 Penthouses without Haven access...

Tom

thats exactly what it does say

Yes, this I know. My follow-up comment really had to do with their history of having information which was incomplete. They have markedly improved.

Tom

Don't ALL suites have access to the Haven? On Epic?

:confused:

No, not all suites. Mini-suites for one, some penthouses. If your suite is a "Haven" suite, spa or otherwise, then you qualify. Haven Spa Suite yes...mini-spa suite no. Haven Penthouse yes..."Penthouse" no.

If you aren't a "Haven" then you are entitled to alllll that you get with that suite, which is awesome...but you aren't a "Haven".

You will have a FANTASTIC vacation no matter where your cabin is. :D

Will Haven guests have to make reservation to use the restaurant? One thing that I liked about the Epic was the flexibility to walk in and get a table or wait a little bit at the bar. I was on the Epic last year for Christmas and New Year's Eve and never had a problem getting a table.

Another question: How are they going to prevent guests of Haven suites to use the pool? Will the doors from the lounge be locked and only opened with the suite room card?

Thank you.

No, not all suites. Mini-suites for one, some penthouses. If your suite is a "Haven" suite, spa or otherwise, then you qualify. Haven Spa Suite yes...mini-spa suite no. Haven Penthouse yes..."Penthouse" no.

If you aren't a "Haven" then you are entitled to alllll that you get with that suite, which is awesome...but you aren't a "Haven".

You will have a FANTASTIC vacation no matter where your cabin is. :D

Wow....a lot of misinformation in the above.....:eek:

First of all Mini-Suites ARE NOT SUITES! And yes they do not have any suite amenities and most certainly do not have access to The Haven on any ship.

Also on NCL Epic ALL true suites, penthouse and above, do have full access to the haven.

On the Jewel class ships the Owner's Suites and up have access to the Haven Courtyard.

Will Haven guests have to make reservation to use the restaurant? One thing that I liked about the Epic was the flexibility to walk in and get a table or wait a little bit at the bar. I was on the Epic last year for Christmas and New Year's Eve and never had a problem getting a table.

Another question: How are they going to prevent guests of Haven suites to use the pool? Will the doors from the lounge be locked and only opened with the suite room card?

Thank you.

I would think they would rely on the honesty of the Haven hosts. ;)

Wow....a lot of misinformation in the above.....:eek:

First of all Mini-Suites ARE NOT SUITES! And yes they do not have any suite amenities and most certainly do not have access to The Haven on any ship.

Also on NCL Epic ALL true suites, penthouse and above, do have full access to the haven.

On the Jewel class ships the Owner's Suites and up have access to the Haven Courtyard.

Another way to state the above is to show how there are no "mini-suites" on the Epic: http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/

Instead, NCL is using the "deluxe balcony" terminology you and I prefer.

Yeah, keep reading... I later agreed I had read that description wrong. :)

Okies Thanks! :cool: Soooo confusing! LOL

Well, I'm not in a Haven on either of my upcoming cruises, so I guess it's not a worry for me. Maybe the NEXT one!! :D

There are 7 PHs not located in the Haven complex, but unless NCL has changed policies, they do have access to the Haven, just as the Spa Suites aren't in the complex, but still have all the access.

Roger, Wilco and OUT! :D

and thank you!

Archived