For those waiting to buy your air..

Cruise Junky

What's your magic price number? How long have you been waiting? We're looking for Europe next September, would be happy with $1,200...currently at around $1,500.

From where to where? You can't even book past the first week of 09/12 for most airlines, and you know it will most likely be cheaper for you if you can leave from SEA.

I would aim for less than $1000 for a TATL, especially if you leave from SEA.

From where to where? You can't even book past the first week of 09/12 for most airlines, and you know it will most likely be cheaper for you if you can leave from SEA.

I would aim for less than $1000 for a TATL, especially if you leave from SEA.

Vancouver to...either London, Paris, Brussels, Nice.. pretty open right now. Yeah, it's cheaper from Seattle but unless there's a killer seat sale, not really enough to justify 4 hours in each direction and a hotel room with car parking. Both Air Canada and Lufthansa are out which would likely be who we we fly by but yes, we aware prices will drop (hopefully) which is why I have my $1,200 price in my head.

I've also been looking for LAX-LHR June 29th-July7th seeing approx on most of the majors $1451.00pp ....Thought I would avoid the Olympic price increases by going before but not sure now...:confused:

I want to fly TPA-LGW in August 2012. Waiting for $800pp....*crossing fingers*

Dream on, dream on. The amount of air traffic between the USA in preparation for the Olympics is astounding. Athlete support (nutritionists, coaches, photographers, trainers, even Speedo is sending FOUR consultants for the swimmers), TV and media (not just the announcers, all the technicians behind the scene), vendors both supplying products and marketing opportunities, etc. etc. The vendor/marketing aspect from the US this Olympics is absolutely huge and it shows in our bookings and requests for logistics planning.

We are flying employees back and forth 1/2 the summer it seems to aid our vendors and clients. I made the decision when the tickets got so pricey to send them all Aer Lingus into Ireland. Then we will figure out how to get them from Ireland to the UK. Local flights, ferry, however.

AND you have a LOT of London residents LEAVING London (they are renting out their houses/apts/condos). I found this out when looking for housing for my employees. Seems like 1/2 of London is for rent (most at pretty astronomical prices).

Even if it wasn't the Olympics, $800 for PRIME TIME UK is unrealistic.

I want to fly TPA-LGW in August 2012. Waiting for $800pp....*crossing fingers*

You will be waiting a LONG time....

Is there some reason why you think an $800 price to London is both possible and reasonable?? I want to buy a new Lexus for $15,000.....should I wait and cross my fingers??

Supply. Demand. Econ 101.

Looks like London June 29- July 7 due to air prices is going to be out for us next year...Any thoughts on 2013 and when a good time to start checking will be to get an idea..I know you don't have a crystal ball..but your extreme experience amazes me..Thank you

Any thoughts on 2013 and when a good time to start checking will be to get an idea.
Now is a good time to start watching. Ideally, you really need to watch a route over a couple of years to get a feel for the "trading range" of flights for different travel dates, so that you know when something is cheap when it comes up.

If you were really really lucky, you might see that price for travel in early February in an economically depressed year.

Guess we spoke too soon. OpenSkies ran a sale starting late last night. About $850 RT Washington DC to Paris in biz seat (not biz bed). Only hitch-you had to travel before the end of the October when Open Skies discontinues Washington to Paris (are we that mad at the French that the planes aren't full with only 80+ seats?). When I looked early this morning, there were a few seats left. I was surprised it wasn't all over Flyertalk.

Would have been a dynamite deal for those on a repo cruise.

Guess we spoke too soon. OpenSkies ran a sale starting late last night. About $850 RT Washington DC to Paris in biz seat (not biz bed). Only hitch-you had to travel before the end of the October when Open Skies discontinues Washington to Paris (are we that mad at the French that the planes aren't full with only 80+ seats?). When I looked early this morning, there were a few seats left. I was surprised it wasn't all over Flyertalk.

Would have been a dynamite deal for those on a repo cruise.

This sale has been ongoing (on and off) for a few weeks now.

Agreed. I got that notification about 10 days ago. Great deal if you can take advantage of it.

Wonder why I didn't get the notification before my admin saw it in our company GDS last night?

I am a BA Executive Club member (about 250,000 miles floating around), top tier status on OneWorld which should compute to top tier status on BA and no notification.

I would have gotten on a plane in a hot second to get some input into our Olympics logistics planning for our customers. Probably spent at least as much as the plane ticket on numerous international phone calls. And could have had a nice little sojourn in Paris as well as getting the London business taken care of. Bummer!!!

Wonder why I didn't get the notification before my admin saw it in our company GDS last night?

I am a BA Executive Club member (about 250,000 miles floating around), top tier status on OneWorld which should compute to top tier status on BA and no notification.

I would have gotten on a plane in a hot second to get some input into our Olympics logistics planning for our customers. Probably spent at least as much as the plane ticket on numerous international phone calls. And could have had a nice little sojourn in Paris as well as getting the London business taken care of. Bummer!!!

I've been trying to remember where I first saw it. I saw it a second time on Slowtrav chat boards. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Update: I think it was here.. posted on the 5th...

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/10/-business-class-to-paris-for-750-including-tax--round-trip-/550626/1

• 1 month later...
All of you waiting for dirt cheap fairs to London...good luck. Heathrow has notoriously high taxes (hundreds of US$), so...not gonna happen.
I dunno: I've just picked up a pair of long-haul BA business class tickets for £1,006 per person to take us away for a Christmas weekend to South Africa ... ;)

All of you waiting for dirt cheap fairs to London...good luck. Heathrow has notoriously high taxes (hundreds of US$), so...not gonna happen.

Vancouver to Heathrow was just over $1,000 on AC including all taxes for early September 2012 about a month ago. Not too shabby.

Archived