Secrets about the Oasis of the Seas

Mparis184

Hi

We came off the Oasis yesterday, think the number is 7000 once you are onboard, definately try the roast beef sandwiches in the park cafe, and the egg and bacon english muffins in the park at breakfast, they also do nice fruit pots to take away, on the boardwalk the bar at the end does nice corndogs and also chip and dip combos.

Hairspray is only shown 3 times, if you are a fan you can go in the standby queue before the performance and get it, we saw it twice and it was great. also, the two main performers from hairspray do a show in dazzles, its good but you need to get there early to get a seat as it gets really busy. hope you enjoy it, we loved every minute of it.

Thank you so much for the tips and phone #.

They are $25. a week. For $5. more you can rent the I-Phones. They have the capability to call, text or GPS. Plus have the daily activity schedule.

Also......they made the best eggs benedict in the main dining room. They are not listed on the menu. Just ask for them.

would these be better than walkie talkies? do you have to pay all the charges that would on your own cell?

first cruise in 10 yrs.

A picture is worth a thousand words they say... Sailed Oasis last year and Allure this year. Loved, loved the ships. See my video tour of Oasis at the link below. Enjoy your cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsWmDHJQO4

Neat video! It never looks too crowded- but whoa! Is it loud! I'm starting to panic, I was hoping for some relaxation.:eek: we've got a d1 ocean balcony, maybe on my balcony it will be quieter?

Edited by Familygoboston

They are $25. a week. For $5. more you can rent the I-Phones. They have the capability to call, text or GPS. Plus have the daily activity schedule.

Also......they made the best eggs benedict in the main dining room. They are not listed on the menu. Just ask for them.

Where do you go to rent the I-Phones?

I noticed that someone said there's a number to call to make reservations once you are on the ship for the specialty dining restaurants? Would any of you past cruisers possibly have that number or has it been posted here somewhere? Thanks! Cruising in less than 2 weeks on the Oasis!

Linda

Reserve the specialty restaurants online. If you wait until you board you probably won't be able to reserve a good time for dinner and may not get a reservation at all. Most people go online and get all the good dining times before they even go onboard.

Could someone please tell me where the internet cafe is? I have looked at the deck plans a few times and cannot seem to find it:p

There are about four computers and a printer in the library. Maybe other places as well???

Kathy

There are about four computers and a printer in the library. Maybe other places as well???

Kathy

Really- that's it? Then they have really downsized that venue. Not a biggie; I'll sign up for Early Bird check-in on SWA so I don't have to worry about an available computer to get my seating:)

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday-

1. Sail Away Spot- 11th deck Portside Aft Go to PortEverglades.com sign up for a sailaway video shot. Best spot to be..

2. Park Cafe the first day- great selection good food, not crowded

3. See all the shows- top notch, especially Hairspray, like a Broadway production.

4. Do the zip line and flowrider- I am 52 and did it several times.

5. Labadee- go to Columbus Cove for the best location

6. Falmouth- stay on the ship- Tourist trap for shopping only

7. Cozumel- Nachi Cocum resort- book ahead of time Just don't drink too much

8. Get involved in activities- Don't do Bingo - Rip off $50 a session.

9. Easiest on and off the Ship I have ever encountered (9 cruises)

10. Sit back enjoy and drink up. Tip a good pool waiter early in the week and he will be your friend the rest of the time- Look for Dwayne from Jamaica- Tell him Kevin and sally sent him.. Have Fun.... :cool:

If you like NY style cheesecake, we found a specialty coffee kiosk in the promenade that had this delicious dessert. It's was FREE on this past Feb. Oasis cruise. It was a nice change from the desserts in the MDR.

There are no 'usage' charges.

I think it was on deck 3 where you get them. They can tell you at the guest services desk. I have no idea why we had to wait until 1:00 to get them. There were not a lot of people in line to get them. I think that is because you could get the regular phones when you first boarded at the guest services desk & perhaps people did not know you could wait for the other kind.

Do get in line a bit early though. It takes about 10 minutes to get them because you have to sign a bunch of different papers in case you loose them. They have to explain everything to you. Then they have to program them for use only between your family/friends.

So you can see if you are way back in line it would take awhile.

There is NO comparison between the I-phone and a walkie talkie. For one thing...people seem to shout into their walkie talkies & everyone around you can hear both conversations wether they want to or not.

I loved the gps feature. It saved me from making a call most of the time.

The cruise compass is loaded every day so you can always see what is happening without carrying the paper around.

The reception is good anywhere on the ship but you MUST charge them every night.

They do NOT work off the ship.

Neat video! It never looks too crowded- but whoa! Is it loud! I'm starting to panic, I was hoping for some relaxation.:eek: we've got a d1 ocean balcony, maybe on my balcony it will be quieter?

bumping this as I am wondering about the noise level also. and OP was correct, the video looked like the ship was deserted!

Could someone please tell me where the internet cafe is? I have looked at the deck plans a few times and cannot seem to find it:p

They also seemed to have little rooms around the ship with internet stations, we were on deck 9 and there was an internet room just by the stairs at the front of the ship here, its well signposted, there were about 8 computers in there, hardly used, when i was in there i was the only one.

• 1 year later...

Ping pong tables are located in the back on deck 15 in the sports court area. I think they have 4 if not 6 tables.

You wouldn't, by any chance know where the ping pong tables are, do you? If so, please include deck number when replying. After all, it IS a big ship and I'm kinda old. LOL

Thanks ...

:)

Anna (and Gary)

Anybody else on the computers for internet access? I can't imagine they only have those 4 or so available in the library...

There is a Royal Caribbean online room on deck 9 forward. Just follow the signs!

Deck six. You have to take stairs up from the Boardwalk area (as I recall :confused:)

No stairs to get to the shuffleboard's. Just walk around the AquaTheater and go behind the large tv screens and you're there!

Deck 14 forward, port (Left) side of ship is access to deck above bridge with side wing access. As others have said great for sail away or quiet sun bathing. Walk all the way forward down the stateroom hall on the port side to access door.

Decks 11, 12 and 14 aft, either side of ship is access to public balconies with chairs and tables. Great of sun bathing, watching the ocean and watching the Aqua Theater shows. Walk all the way aft down the stateroom hall on either side to access door. Balcony on deck 11 is largest, with 12 being medium and 14 small in size.

My group of 10 watched the Aqua Theater show from deck 11 and we ate lunch there each day too, bringing food from Park Cafe.