All you can drink packages?

cruzmaven

The two for one happy hour means nothing to me as I don't like my cocktails a 5PM. I like ot have them before dinner at 7 or 7:30.

Heck I'll have a cocktail any time the sun's over the yard arm :) I don't think we'll get the drinks package for a few reasons

a) we have a very port intensive cruise so we won't be on the ship as long

b) I think it would encourage me to drink more than I should

c) we will have wine in our cabin that we bring on ourselves

d) too much drink makes me feel ill :)

I've looked at the prices and as I'm not interested in top shelf or top wine I can't see how I could spend $50 a day. I'm not into martinis or cocktails really either except for one at happy hour.

From what I heard when the new policy went into effect, it depended on which ship you were on as to whether both people had to take it or not. And I thought the official "rules" said both had to take it.

If that is indeed the case, we wouldn't bother since DH only has an occasional glass of wine. But if I could do it alone, I might ... but NOT for the whole cruise (assuming I can purchase it along the way ... as I recall, once you start it, you can't stop it).

So we shall see. We won't be on O until August so I have time to think about it! If we were in a VS or OS I know we wouldn't because of the liquor set-up in the top suites.

Thanks for the info.

Mura

The $49.95 package is certainly more than just beer and wine, thank goodness. The description that I'm reading is:

includes beer and premium house wine (from a selection of red and white vintages that change daily), all beverages on the bar menu (except Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac) and room service beverages (but not mini-bar selections).

The first thing that we do on ANY cruise is to instruct the butler to empty the mini bar, anyway; and our last encounter with Louis XIII didn't end well.

If you can use the package with room service, then its a great value for us!!!

The quote above is from the original info release on the package. The wines on offer were not for a daily revised list but rather those wines by the glass from the current bar and restaurant lists. Again, this was as practiced on Marina during our March 2012 trip.

The quote above is from the original info release on the package. The wines on offer were not for a daily revised list but rather those wines by the glass from the current bar and restaurant lists. Again, this was as practiced on Marina during our March 2012 trip.

Yes, but looking at the Bar Menu from our March 2011 cruise, there were eighteen or twenty wines offered by the glass (more, if you count champagnes).

144847.jpg

I can make that work :D

Can someone tell me how tipping on a drink package works. I think from what I've read here that they swipe your card when you order, but then do you still sign? Or do I use cash? Cash seems a bit odd.

Can someone tell me how tipping on a drink package works. I think from what I've read here that they swipe your card when you order, but then do you still sign? Or do I use cash? Cash seems a bit odd.

as stated under the package details the gratuity is included on the initial price

of $49.95 pp pd

We are just home from the Miami/Barcelona voyage on Marina and we took the $49.95 drinks package. Found it to be excellent. They swipe your card every time, but there is no chitty to sign. We now wonder how economic it would be on a port intensive trip. We were transatlantic and had many sea days. We are moderate drinkers, not heavy, and still found it a very simple system. You can't order bottles of wine, just by the glass but the selections were fine for us. After-dinner liqueurs included too. We thought it was a good buy. We had two after-dinner drinks in the bar with friends one evening and they were $44 for two drinks each.

About twenty years ago, we befriended a Captain (restaurant, not ship) whose career had taken him From Sitmar to Princess to Silversea, and when questioned about what the biggest difference was in moving into the all inclusive environment, he was quick to answer "The number of cordials".

26950.jpg I must say, that it is a very attractive difference :p

JimandStan:

We have such nice memories about our Sitmar cruises, and sailed with them (on the Fairsea, Fairwind and Fairsky) perhaps 15-20 times altogether. They are the reason we started with Silversea. Wonder how many past passengers still have a collection of Circolo del Comandante glasses somewhere in their cupboards??

JimandStan:

We have such nice memories about our Sitmar cruises, and sailed with them (on the Fairsea, Fairwind and Fairsky) perhaps 15-20 times altogether. They are the reason we started with Silversea. Wonder how many past passengers still have a collection of Circolo del Comandante glasses somewhere in their cupboards??

carinthia_1956_1-580x250.jpgsaxoni25.jpg

My British grandparents loved Sitmar's older, former Cunard ships, and because they subsidized my cruising habit in the 1980's, I learned to love them too.

In fact, they were so loyal to the Fairwind & Fairsea (do you remember when she was the Fairland?) that we resisted the Fairsky and the FairMajesty, particularly after......dare I mention it?...... that hideous Swan livery.

Sitmar-Fair-Majesty01-da.jpg That was truly the handwriting on the wall. While FairMajesty was still on the stocks, Princess took them over ((SOB)).

Does anyone have the martini menu? or recall the prices of mixed beverages? We strictly stay with vodka, no wine or champagne. We too are trying to decide if the "open bar" option will work for us.

Although I don't have the Martini Menu specifically, according to the Bar Menu that I am looking at, most Martini's are $8, as are Stingers and Gimlets, while their Specialty "Big O" Martini is $9.

Those prices do not include the 18% gratuity.

Although I don't have the Martini Menu specifically, according to the Bar Menu that I am looking at, most Martini's are $8, as are Stingers and Gimlets, while their Specialty "Big O" Martini is $9.

Those prices do not include the 18% gratuity.

Does that list tell what kind of vodkas they have??? Thanks.

Does that list tell what kind of vodkas they have??? Thanks.

Yes,

Alsolut, Stolichnaya, & Smirnoff @ $6.50

Absolut (Kurant, Citron, Mandarin, Peppar) Ketel One & Van Gogh @ $7.50

Grey Goose (Orange, Citron) & Alsolut Level @ $8.50

The more that I think about this, the better deal the Beverage Package becomes :D

Yes,

Alsolut, Stolichnaya, & Smirnoff @ $6.50

Absolut (Kurant, Citron, Mandarin, Peppar) Ketel One & Van Gogh @ $7.50

Grey Goose (Orange, Citron) & Alsolut Level @ $8.50

The more that I think about this, the better deal the Beverage Package becomes :D

Thanks you have made me a very happy girl. We specifically drink Grey Goose orange. I agree about the beverage package...I'm on a ship to have some fun and not worry about the nickel and diming of drinks. If I have the package, I can drink all I want or not and be done with it.

Have you been on Oceania Marina before? We will be on the ship for their French Polynesian cruise next April for the first time and can't wait.

Thanks you have made me a very happy girl. We specifically drink Grey Goose orange. I agree about the beverage package...I'm on a ship to have some fun and not worry about the nickel and diming of drinks. If I have the package, I can drink all I want or not and be done with it.

Have you been on Oceania Marina before? We will be on the ship for their French Polynesian cruise next April for the first time and can't wait.

I think Ircruising must be Jim and Stan's "straight man". First asking about one of his favorite topics..drinks ...then asking if he has ever been on the Marina before.:p

I think Ircruising must be Jim and Stan's "straight man". First asking about one of his favorite topics..drinks ...then asking if he has ever been on the Marina before

I'm amazed that Ircruising would be interested in my opinion about anything, since apparently I cannot spell Absolut to save my life..........:(

Fading eyesight is just one of the humiliations of old age :o

Archived