New Foods on Victory

thompsongunner06

Our cruise last week was great! They have Mai on the menue every night along with a gourmet burger and other items,,it will be on the left side of the menue they hand you,,on the right will be the different menue each night. Still and chocolate melting cake and others,,,the have added some new items and it all seemed very good.

Our cruise last week was great! They have Mai on the menue every night along with a gourmet burger and other items,,it will be on the left side of the menue they hand you,,on the right will be the different menue each night. Still and chocolate melting cake and others,,,the have added some new items and it all seemed very good.

What is Mai? :confused:

An educated guess for Mai (thinking Mahi Mahi) could be wrong though. JMO
That's what I was thinking...

Someone mentioned that the menu had changed fleet-wide..

We were recently on Glory, and noticed an 'unusual offering' every other night or so.

One night it was Escargot(snails!) another night it was Alligator! :eek:

-another night it was Frogs Legs.

Okay, out of curiosity and a rare sense of food-adventurism

I tried the Alligator and the Frogs Legs.

I'd definitely do the Alligator again

The Frogs Legs? not so much

That was to satisfy a curiosity I've had ever since my Dad came back from Dominica one business trip

and mentioned he'd had "Mountain Chicken" -which is what they call it on that island.

It was OK, tasted like chicken all right, but chewy chicken i.e. a bit tough

but considering that the prime muscle in a frog's locomotion is his leg muscles

what would you expect?

I was glad to try them both, and thank you Carnival Cruises for providing the opportunity!

Mahi Mahi,,,,my bad,,,did the post in a hurry! Sorry. The food(s) at dinner were great,,service also great and overall a great time in the Victory.

Other than the lack of nightly shrimp cocktail and no more duck entree, I find the rest of the menu to be fine. Never had a problem finding somthing great for din-din.:)

I had the opportunity to try out the menu on the Dream in September. I think the new items add flare. The macaroni was delicious even though I gave the meat to my husband! (LOL) My husband is pretty adventurous so he tried a lot of the didja ever items. I'm happy they added the comfort food section and the burgers. It gives people a lot more options especially if they are picky eaters like myself :p

Between the alligator, frog legs, and mac and cheese, I'd have to say the frog legs were the best and at least they were real frog legs. Not tough at all - they aren't from some big old bull frog. And garlic makes everything better. The alligator wasn't and the mac and cheese is just a creamy mac and cheese. I prefer a mac and cheese where the crunch comes from baked cheese on top and not from bacon, although I do love bacon.

DSC_5060.JPG

DSC_5061.JPG

DSC_3710.JPG

DSC_3713.JPG

DSC_5074.JPG

The new menu's look cheaper. Fried chicken.. mac and cheese. I am leaving Sunday so I hope it tastes good but by reading the previous menus looked better more upscale.

The new menus are really not that different. There is still lobster, prime rib, tiramisu, ribs, etc.

There is a new duck appetizer that was really good, and one night I had a lamb shank that was really good.

Don't expect great Louisiana shrimp in the Shrimp and Fries dinner, but then, Carnival has served Chinese Black Tiger shrimp forever.

If on Conquest, this is the menus/food we had in the MDR at night:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/menus/MDRmenus.htm

We were on the Victory in Oct. the food was good . Not great , I wasn't doing backflips , if i could do a backflip lol. Never went hungry , never even ordered something different as my first choice was always edible. But its been beat in the ground here , the quality has gone down might as well be ready for it if you are then you won't be dissapointed. and if its better that you hope than thats a bonus. :)

I really really enjoyed the chinese food every day for lunch. It was a MUCH better option than the "make your own" Mongolian Grill. It completely did away with the super long buffet lines. Fantastic addition to the Victory. They should do this fleet wide.

On Inspiration the mac 'n cheese had little cheese and was filled with milk. Talapia and penne mariscos was just awful. The crab cake had apple in it.

Lots of people said the lasagna was full of meat and little sauce. I had it several cruises ago and didn't like it.

The asparagus vichyssoise was very good. Lobster was good as were the shrimp it came with. A fried fish plate was good but too much fried all at once. Very tasty piece of fish.

On the new menu there were 2 nights on the 5 night cruise nothing looked very good. Didn't have creme brulee on the 5 day menus.

I really really enjoyed the chinese food every day for lunch. It was a MUCH better option than the "make your own" Mongolian Grill. It completely did away with the super long buffet lines. Fantastic addition to the Victory. They should do this fleet wide.

Is the Chinese food in its own section or just some items on the regular buffet?

• 4 months later...

Archived