Live-Mariner December 4 Ft Lauderdale round trip

purpleally

Tomorrow is the day!! We arrived in Ft Lauderdale Friday, staying at Doubletree Gallery One. Very nice hotel, great location on the intercoastal. It is a one bedroom suite with a kitchen and a balcony with views of the ocean and all the yachts!

Spent the day on the water taxi today. It is SO windy; I can only imagine how windy it is going to be tomorrow on the ship.

There were six or seven cruise ships in port today; same number tomorrow including the BIG one, Allure of the Seas. Busy day at Port Everglades Sunday.

Looking forward to my first time on the Mariner; all my Regent time has been Diamond and Navigator.

Just checked in to the Embassy Suites for same cruise. Luggage did not make it. It is in DC and hopefully will get to the ship. Going shopping in the AM (Sunday) and hopefully can find a few things. Both wife and I are in Levi's and I assume we can't get into the restaurants with Levi's. Anybody had this happen before and can you eat in any of the restaurants with missing luggage. I am sure we will find some clothes. Once we buy the clothes, the luggage will show up. First time in over 50 United flights that the luggage did not show up. Go figure.

Aloha,

Al

Loosing one's luggage is a horror!! I am so sorry for you. And do hope that the airline delivers it on time. Since you are in a great place to shop (Soutehrn Florida!) I would suggest getting at least one outfit each for dinner... jeans etc are not usually allowed in the main lounges or restaurants after 6pm.

Let's hope it turns up and in any case have a lovely cruise.

I have seen diners in the CR in very casual clothes. The management understands lost luggage. We always pack one evening outfit in our carry on luggage just in case. Lessons learned. Our luggage was waylaid 4 days for my sister and me, 5 days for a friend and my mom's luggage 7 days on a 9 day cruise. Hope yours arrives today.

Hope your luggage turns up this am. That is a really stressful way to start a cruise, and I have done it. Fortunately luggage arrived before we sailed because we had 2 sea days to follow.

At any rate, do a little shopping and have a great trip.

Time is 10 a.m. Our bags are packed and our driver will not be here.

I cancelled the cruise due to some vertigo and balance problems which cropped up in the past few days. My doctor insists that I do not travel. It's a disappointment but better ' be safe than sorry.'

Max and David, sorry to have missed you. I know that you will have a good time. We wish all my potential C.C. friends a hearty bon-voyage.

Have one of my favourite Tanqueray martinis, on me, at the observation lounge at 11 a.m. tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Until the next time, cheerio, and keep posting.

So sorry, can tell how looking forward to this cruise you were. Can't express how disappointed we are for you. May your issues fade away shortly and you will be on another Regent cruise in a short time

Take care Nevil,

Dave and Paige

Neviboy, so sorry you won't be joining us! I too know how much youto looked forward to this trip, but more selfishly I am sad not to get to meet you!

We are currently lounging in the Embassy Suites hotel, have about 40 minutes before we go down to the lobby to check in to get our transport to the ship. The hotel is very nice, but getting here was less than seemless (see our 12/4 roll call for details).

My parents & sister, who will be staying together in a Penthouse C, are at the Hyatt Pier 66. Their hotel is a bit ritzier overall, but our room at the Embassy Suites is much nicer than either of their rooms (they have separate rooms at the hotel), and one of their rooms is a suite. But they have better views (can see the port and the ships coming in and out).

Tu

Those us us at this hotel are to check in for transport at 11:15; the first of the 3 buses is due to head to the port @ 11:30. The Hyatt Pier 66 folks are scheduled to get their transport @ 12:15p.

Weather is inseed lovely but windy. Had dinner at the Hyatt last night, then walked along the pier to look at all the sumptuous yachts, including, reportedly, one belonging to Judge Judy, and one belonging to Sen. John Kerry.

At the port. Did not get here until 1240 and there is a ton of people already. We are sitting and waiting but seems to be no rhyme or reason of how they are letting people go thru security to check in. I have never felt like I was in a cattle call with Regent. Kinda bummed right now. :confused:

Time is 10 a.m. Our bags are packed and our driver will not be here.

I cancelled the cruise due to some vertigo and balance problems which cropped up in the past few days. My doctor insists that I do not travel. It's a disappointment but better ' be safe than sorry.'

Max and David, sorry to have missed you. I know that you will have a good time. We wish all my potential C.C. friends a hearty bon-voyage.

Have one of my favourite Tanqueray martinis, on me, at the observation lounge at 11 a.m. tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Until the next time, cheerio, and keep posting.

Oh what a shame Neville--be well!

At the port. Did not get here until 1240 and there is a ton of people already. We are sitting and waiting but seems to be no rhyme or reason of how they are letting people go thru security to check in. I have never felt like I was in a cattle call with Regent. Kinda bummed right now. :confused:

The first time I boarded the Navigator in FLL, the process was the same for us. We got there in plenty of time and people arriving after us got to check in first. I certainly didn't understand it, but we all got on the ship.

Neville, so sorry you won't be able to travel. Get well soon!

I must say that our only embarkation in Ft Lauderdale, I was prepared for a mess based on previous reports. However, we were pleasantly surprised as we just walked right on. I think we boarded later than most, at about 1:30. Don't know if that is important or we were just lucky.

We will find out soon enough next month!

Arrived on Saturday and picked up a rental car at the airport. Great deal and as we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 we were able to return the car to that location.

They shuttled us over to the ship around noon. As others have mentioned, check in was a mess. 90 minutes of standing in disorganized lines...passport check, security, check in.

Went up and had lunch and then our cabin was ready. The ship is FULL. Regent pre-stocked our favorite drinks from past cruises in our cabin - very nice touch.

Captain warned we would experience rough weather during the night and he was right. Not sure if they will fill the pool today. We had a nice meal in CR last night with some friends we made on Mariner last year.

Great service yesterday from the Internet Cafe Mgr, Alex. Could not get any Apple devices to connect and he was patient and so very helpful. Very nice young man.

Neville, sorry that you will not be joining us.

More later.

Luggage showed up. Another win for United. Yea! Great meal at Signatures last night.

Seriously GOOD news! I have been worrying... now I can stop. I do hope that you can now relax and enjoy your cruise!

Neville - what a shame!! Let's hope all the symptoms vanish and you can cruise very soon. I am so sorry.

Tina - I hope with the rocking and rolling that the loo starts to work. Might be difficult otherwise!! And I have a question for you. Does this cruise mean you and Prabha have cancelled out on the march one? I hope not as I am counting on you for Trivia!!

Bon voyage everyone!

Gerry:)

The problems yesterday was the port, not Regent; perhaps that is why I heard they are switching to Miami.

Once on board very windy but sunshine! Two glasses of champagne and a bloody mary to go with my hamburger and all was right with the world.

Met very nice people at the hallway get together and, most importantly, I found the blue cheese stuffed olive bartender!

Compass Rose was ok; had to ask for wine twice but no biggie.

A lot of rocking and rolling, gym was practically empty; heard many our seasick. The pools are empty and when the sun goes behind the clouds it can feel a little cold. But I have a book from the library that I wanted to read and am already a third way thru.

Had lunch at the Veranda but was not too impressed. The ice cream bar at the pool is great!!!

Captain reception tonight; lobster on the menu and Turks tomorrow.

Bon Voyage Tallships/ Mighty Quinn/everyone . Hope the weather picks up.

Wish I could be there but I am in cold TO instead and going to colder Quebec City on the weekend.

I have yet to do a Regent Caribbean - maybe one of these years when I have finished seeing the world!

Wendy, I think hurricane season official finishes Dec 1 but its give or take a few days in actual fact.

Even Dec/Jan can be very windy in some parts of the Caribbean - I remember shivering in Grand Cayman and huge waves in Cozumel. March break was always reasonably good further south.

Archived