Holiday E-Card from NCL.....

camz

We got the e-card awhile back and really liked it...Was surprised to see a card in the mail today from them, and it's pretty much the same thing only a real card they mailed...Even had our PPC's handwritten note saying "Happy Holidays!" It went right up on the wall with all of our other holiday cards! :p

Did anyone else get one of these? I was really impressed with both and think it's a nice touch of NCL to send this greeting card for the holiday's.

We got the e-card awhile back and really liked it...Was surprised to see a card in the mail today from them, and it's pretty much the same thing only a real card they mailed...Even had our PPC's handwritten note saying "Happy Holidays!" It went right up on the wall with all of our other holiday cards! :p

Did anyone else get one of these? I was really impressed with both and think it's a nice touch of NCL to send this greeting card for the holiday's.

We received both. Agreed, it is a nice touch.

Thank you, NCL!

Nope, didn't get either.:(

I tell ya NCL has me on the naughty list :D

I'm right there with you. Get nothing from them.

Cher, how far are you from Quebec City? I was looking at a NCL sailing for next October that originates from there. Should I look into flying into Montreal as a cheaper alternative?

Yes. You should. You can either rent a car for the 2.5 - 3 hour drive, OR take the train as another option. (viarail.ca ) The train station in Quebec City is quite nice (old building), and if you have time...exit the station, and look to the right. There's a big overpass, where all of the supporting columns have been painted in big murals ( Quebec City folder... http://community.webshots.com/user/sjbdtz (might be on page 2)

Well it may be cheaper but not practical Linda. It's 3 hours from montreal to Quebec City. About 5 hours for me. I'm about 1 1/2 - 2 hours East of Montreal.

Unfortunately I don't think there are a lot of choices up that way for airports. Not like choosing between FLL and Miami. It is a beautiful city, besides being born there (I'm an Army Brat) so moved shortly after birth. I have been back a few times to visit. Old Quebec is so quaint and a real experience. Tons of history as well if you are into that kind of thing.

If you do decide, I would definately plan to come in the day before to do some sightseeing.

Montreal is a cosmopolitan city (read: tall buildings) but has an old city integrated into it. This is the charming part of Montreal. It's just a walk away from the train station too!

If I were flying to Montreal, I'd take the AirConnect train shuttle from Dorval (airport) to the Central Station.

I'd stay in one of the nearby hotels (Westin, Delta Centre-ville, Marriott, Hilton). The Hilton is directly across from the train station.

I'd plan to see the Cathedral which is across the road, and walk into Old Montreal. With enough time, I'd walk past McGill University, and head toward Mont Royal.

I'd walk a bit through the Underground City (RESO (means network)), and then I finish the evening with a walk & dinner in Old Montreal.

The next day, I'd go back to the train station and take the train to Quebec City.

But that's just me. And I've done this dozens & dozens of times for work. :)

Stephen

I'm right there with you. Get nothing from them.

Yes. You should. You can either rent a car for the 2.5 - 3 hour drive, OR take the train as another option. (viarail.ca ) The train station in Quebec City is quite nice (old building), and if you have time...exit the station, and look to the right. There's a big overpass, where all of the supporting columns have been painted in big murals ( Quebec City folder... http://community.webshots.com/user/sjbdtz (might be on page 2)

Montreal is a cosmopolitan city (read: tall buildings) but has an old city integrated into it. This is the charming part of Montreal. It's just a walk away from the train station too!

If I were flying to Montreal, I'd take the AirConnect train shuttle from Dorval (airport) to the Central Station.

I'd stay in one of the nearby hotels (Westin, Delta Centre-ville, Marriott, Hilton). The Hilton is directly across from the train station.

I'd plan to see the Cathedral which is across the road, and walk into Old Montreal. With enough time, I'd walk past McGill University, and head toward Mont Royal.

I'd walk a bit through the Underground City (RESO (means network)), and then I finish the evening with a walk & dinner in Old Montreal.

The next day, I'd go back to the train station and take the train to Quebec City.

But that's just me. And I've done this dozens & dozens of times for work. :)

Stephen

Thanks for all the great information.

I only received the email holiday greeting also.

Stephen

LOL Stephan, I guess sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. If I had time for only one of those cities, my money would be on Quebec City. Don't see anything charming about any part of montreal, but perhaps I'm too close. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe if someone has not been there before it may be worth seeing. ;)

I'm guessing that the post was just a cheap shot at NCL, criticizing them for nickel and diming (i.e., charging a fee for something that should be "free").

You would be correct sir! I would call it a dig instead of cheap shot, however.

You would be correct sir! I would call it a dig instead of cheap shot, however.

I have no problem with someone having a negative opinion of NCL...IF it's based on facts. In this case, since there is no fee associated with the holiday card, my opinion is that jumping on NCL under these circumstances constitutes a cheap shot.

I have no problem with someone having a negative opinion of NCL...IF it's based on facts. In this case, since there is no fee associated with the holiday card, my opinion is that jumping on NCL under these circumstances constitutes a cheap shot.

I would have to agree. I just don't understand why so many people that don't like NCL, insist on hanging out here. :rolleyes:

I would have to agree. I just don't understand why so many people that don't like NCL, insist on hanging out here. :rolleyes:

That's what I don't get. You wouldn't catch me on the Carnival Boards.......

That's what I don't get. You wouldn't catch me on the Carnival Boards.......

The somewhat comical part is that the poster that is being quoted and bad mouthing NCL has just returned from an NCL cruise and gave quite a good write up of their cruise. The have also cruised with NCL before.

So keeping that in mind it would seem this poster should be on the NCL boards, just not sure why you would travel with a cruiseline you wish to bash. :confused:

The somewhat comical part is that the poster that is being quoted and bad mouthing NCL has just returned from an NCL cruise and gave quite a good write up of their cruise. The have also cruised with NCL before.

So keeping that in mind it would seem this poster should be on the NCL boards, just not sure why you would travel with a cruiseline you wish to bash. :confused:

This is what I don't understand. Who said I don't like NCL? Second, what is wrong with being critical of certain parts of NCLs operation? Last time I checked the name of this website was Cruise Critic, not Cruise Line Cheerleader.

This is what I don't understand. Who said I don't like NCL? Second, what is wrong with being critical of certain parts of NCLs operation? Last time I checked the name of this website was Cruise Critic, not Cruise Line Cheerleader.

In your opening statement you were not critiquing, IMO you were bashing by coming up with some trumped up notion that "I'm assuming there was some sort of fee to get the e-card anyway." Then when questioned admitted you were "getting a dig in".

Critiquing would have been on an appropriate thread (topic specific) stating in your opinion NCL has too many things that are an up charge for. You certainly are welcome to critique certain parts of NCL's operation even if you like the rest.

I thought the holiday greeting card was fantastic! This is an example of a nice gesture, that does not cost a lot of $$$, and lets a cruiser know they are being wished a wonderful holiday. I found each scene creative and clever. The candles with the fish flames was my favorite of all!

coka

Archived