Hotels in FLL that do NOT require advance payment

Gma&Gpa

My cruise is over 9 months off - and I really hate paying for a hotel this far ahead. I know I have to do it for the cruise - but surely there are some decent hotels that will just take a reservation and NOT actually charge the CC at the time of the booking. Know of any?

Stay away from the OTAs (Online Travel Agents: Expedia, Hotels.com, et al) and you will not have to pre- pay. Deal directly with the hotel you want.

The hotel may be running a discount promo for an advance booking which may require payment in advance in order to qualify for the discount, but a straight reservation - no prepayment should be required, as Bruce says

We've stayed several times at the Sleep Inn in Dania and at the Comfort Suites in Davie ... and, tho we have guaranteed our reservation with a credit card, we never have been required to prepay, nor was our credit card charged til we checked out. On the rare occasion we have had to cancel before their cutoff, we have received an email confirm of cancellation ... and I keep that in case my card is billed by accident.

Some chains do offer a prepay option that might be a few dollars/night less than other rates, but we avoid that because it is so inflexible for even changes to the booking.

My cruise is over 9 months off - and I really hate paying for a hotel this far ahead. I know I have to do it for the cruise - but surely there are some decent hotels that will just take a reservation and NOT actually charge the CC at the time of the booking. Know of any?

You get charged at the time of booking only if you are going after the best deal, hotwire, priceline, or LMT. Most times you can save more than half off by doing this.

I'm all about charging me ahead of time to save money.

Yes, you really don't have to worry about prepaying for your room at most any hotel if you book thru them directly (or their website) and don't go for the web savers rate which means you prepay.

For us, we agree with Blue Herons, that if our plans are "in stone" I'll prepay to save a nice percentage off going rates. ;)

If you are worrying about having to cancel, then you should have travel insurance which would cover any full prepayments.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,:) re-reading your post...why do you "have to" do it for the cruise?

Many, many, many hotels do not require pre-payment. Depends on

you and how much you want to spend. If you want the most reasonable

price? Then yes, you sometimes have to pay in full ahead of time.

But you can definitely find most hotels who don't have to have the

money ahead of time. You can most definitely just book a room with

a credit card as a hold, and they won't charge it until after your stay

is over.

Ft. Lauderdale has hotels/motels by the dozens:) all the major

chains are down there. I would just go to those websites, see what

they charge for the dates you need and if it is a price you are happy

with? Hold it with a credit card..no charge till after your stay is over.

Archived