Bottle water: Can we bring out own?

CMAP

Sailing on the Millennium in February. Are we allowed to buy water beforehand and bring it on board with us? If not, do they provide it for free or do I need to bring my own (empty) water bottle to fill up?

First, that the water on the ship, all ships is more pure right out of ther tap and healthy than anything you could purchase on the ship or buy at home..

Second, consider that the disposable water bottle is one of the largest sources of pollution and waste on the planet and bringing a plastic or stainless steel reusable water bottle ( we used to call them canteens):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Selling bottled water is one of the greatest marketing stoires of the 20th century. Making people afarid to drink anythnig else and pay twice the price per gallon as the gasoline they groan about

Bringing your canteen, you will thus save a ton of money, and also be protecting the environment.:D

Win-Win for you and all of us

First, that the water on the ship, all ships is more pure right out of ther tap and healthy than anything you could purchase on the ship or buy at home..

Second, consider that the disposable water bottle is one of the largest sources of pollution and waste on the planet and bringing a plastic or stainless steel reusable water bottle ( we used to call them canteens):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Selling bottled water is one of the greatest marketing stoires of the 20th century. Making people afarid to drink anythnig else and pay twice the price per gallon as the gasoline they groan about

Bringing your canteen, you will thus save a ton of money, and also be protecting the environment.:D

Win-Win for you and all of us

This statement is ridiculous. Have you ever had a room on a ship with a tub? If so take a look at the reddish brown water that comes out. No one should be drinking that.

This statement is ridiculous. Have you ever had a room on a ship with a tub? If so take a look at the reddish brown water that comes out. No one should be drinking that.

Are you drinking any of the coffee, tea, or soda? Eating any of the soups, pastas or rice? The food and beverages on board are all made with the water you claim is so gross. The quality of the water on Celebrity ships rivals that of most bottled waters in terms of purity.

Are you drinking any of the coffee, tea, or soda? Eating any of the soups, pastas or rice? The food and beverages on board are all made with the water you claim is so gross. The quality of the water on Celebrity ships rivals that of most bottled waters in terms of purity.

The water at the buffet and mdr is heavily filtered, I saw the whole setup and with all those filters I'm confident that the water in restaurants is ok to drink, but not from the room.

Is there a corkage fee :eek: if I take my bottled water to the dining room? How much is it :confused: and where do I pay :rolleyes:?

I don't think there is a corkage fee as such. It is called a usage and service fee. You are charged for the pouring and use of the glass. Ice is extra because it is made with special water. As with all purchases it can only be charged to your cabin. The price varies according to the server and category of cabin that you have. :rolleyes:

The water at the buffet and mdr is heavily filtered, I saw the whole setup and with all those filters I'm confident that the water in restaurants is ok to drink, but not from the room.

I don't know what lines you have been on but never had a bit of trouble with drinking water out of room, do you really think they are risk bad water in the rooms. Never had any red water in bath either.

I don't know what lines you have been on but never had a bit of trouble with drinking water out of room, do you really think they are risk bad water in the rooms. Never had any red water in bath either.

Well, it can happen. We have witnessed it two times in 60+ cruises.

This was the worst (Carnival Inspiration - Owner's Suite):

326490338_NY4bT-L-1.jpg

Granted, it was only like this for perhaps 30-40 minutes following all the water being off (across the whole ship) due to some repairs. Evidently a lot of sediment was stirred up during the restart.

I don't have any real issues drinking their water with meals, or using it to brush my teeth or take pills. Though when I am out and about or in the gym, I prefer to have bottled water. I know that the ships are very diligent about recycling - so it does not cause me great concern environmentally speaking.

Tom

Well, it can happen. We have witnessed it two times in 60+ cruises.

This was the worst (Carnival Inspiration - Owner's Suite):

326490338_NY4bT-L-1.jpg

Granted, it was only like this for perhaps 30-40 minutes following all the water being off (across the whole ship) due to some repairs. Evidently a lot of sediment was stirred up during the restart.

I don't have any real issues drinking their water with meals, or using it to brush my teeth or take pills. Though when I am out and about or in the gym, I prefer to have bottled water. I know that the ships are very diligent about recycling - so it does not cause me great concern environmentally speaking.

Tom

Thanks for posting. Looks like the bath water in our JS on a RCI cruise we were on. everyone needs to make their own health choices. As the picture shows I'm not drinking from the room so I bring/buy bottled water for use in room and gym.

Sailing on the Millennium in February. Are we allowed to buy water beforehand and bring it on board with us? If not, do they provide it for free or do I need to bring my own (empty) water bottle to fill up?

Hi CMAP!

I sailed the Celebrity Millennium this Nov/Dec and prior to checking out of the Intercontinental downtown walked to the CVS one block away and purchased two cases of water for my 10-night back-to-back.

I placed the self adhesive luggage tags provided by the cruise line on each side and top of the case of water by completely removing the paper backing of each tag, as well as wrapped each case with duct tape to avoid any unforeseen problems.

Both cases of water made it to my stateroom around 5:30pm after what can only be determined as an extended security check to make sure I wasn't smuggling alcohol in them.

I was travelling as a single occupancy and a solo traveller.

Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise!

Check out more details of my B2B cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307

Know exactly where you are coming from re wanting your own bottled water on your cruise.

We took 6 1.5 litre bottes on with us and then at each port we got off at we got another 6 (if needed). It worked out well for us and it was a lot cheaper than the bottled water on the ship and the bottles were bigger to carry around with us.

:)

First, that the water on the ship, all ships is more pure right out of ther tap and healthy than anything you could purchase on the ship or buy at home. Selling bottled water is one of the greatest marketing stoires of the 20th century. Making people afarid to drink anythnig else and pay twice the price per gallon as the gasoline they groan about.

Agree with Gonzo70 and above from our June experiences on the Solstice in June. Water quality seemed excellent on our ship and with Celebrity. We were well-pleased with the iced tea and fruit juices that were available without added cost. I love my Diet Pepsi and Diet Dew, but did just fine on our Med cruise without paying the big, added prices for their soft drinks on the ship.

Super comment on the marketing "games" played with bottled waters. Many of the brands are just re-processed tap water at a premium price and fancy names to sound "so, so special"!!! At a big, BIG price!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 53,502 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Super comment on the marketing "games" played with bottled waters. Many of the brands are just re-processed tap water at a premium price and fancy names to sound "so, so special"!!! At a big, BIG price!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Well... if I can't drink water from Fiji, I just won't drink!! LOL :D

Tom

We've also run into discolored water, as in the photos above, on Celebrity cruises but not in the past 3 or 4 years.

Tap water has looked and tated fine since then, but we do have a major issue with the sodium content of the water.

Here is another thread discussing that: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28708782

We've also run into discolored water, as in the photos above, on Celebrity cruises but not in the past 3 or 4 years.

Tap water has looked and tated fine since then, but we do have a major issue with the sodium content of the water.

Here is another thread discussing that: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28708782

Thanks, good info (and here I was always telling Cheryl it was the SALT in the SEA AIR)! ;) :D

Tom

You can bring your own. I usually buy a 6-pack of it to start me off, then buy some at each port stop. Cheaper that way than buying their bottled water to take ashore on shore excursions or to drink in your cabin. I drink their water if I'm in the restaurant, so nothing against it, but I keep bottled water in my cabin.

They don't like you to refill water bottles in the restaurant. It's not sanitary since the lip of the bottle with your germs on it may touch the water outlet. If you have some bug you can end up making the whole ship sick.

You can bring your own water on board without restriction. X also offers a bottled water package (2 packages I believe, including a premium package for unlimited Evian and sparkling water such as San Pellegrino). We elected to purchase the water package because we both drink a lot of water and didn't want to be bothered bringing a case of water on board because it's difficult to transport.

Archived